Welcome to the SMF Family!! Please read this first :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very happy to be a part of this forum since my very first batch of soap appears to be permanently stuck in the mold... Nevertheless, I had so much fun making it that I'm determined to keep trying. Clearly I need all the help I can get!

Hello Everyone

Hey everyone.

My name is Jina, I used my screen name that I use on many of my other pages "gothikfairy21". Now why that name? Well I started using that name when I was 17 years old. And at 28 years now, it seems to never be taken. When I was younger I was into the Gothic look. I still love being different but I am too bubbly and love bright colors too much to dress like that all of the time. However, it is nice to dress like that every once in a while. So my soap making story? I don't have one. I ordered a kit, but when I got it one of the scents had busted open and ruined my whole package.

So with that knock-down, I figured I would try to make my own soap. Home-made. So I know what is in it and how it works for your skin. I am so new at this. So new I haven't made my first bar. I will look on here and try to figure this whole thing out. I feel better being on here where people are willing to help each other out.

So I guess that is it for now. Thanks for reading this. Add me on Facebook if you want and also check out my YouTube channel if you get bored one day. **This is not advertisement just saying. Thanks guys!

hello,
i have started to dabble in soap making and found this forum or you people? not sure how to say that.
but i found lots of answers here to questions i have had, and i thought i would join before i had anouther question i couldn't answer
nice meeting you :)

hello all
i found this site thru goggle search. 3 weeks ago i made my first batch, it was taking forever to trace.( 3hours) felt like forever for newbie anyway :oops:
the info is fantastic and everyone is so friendly so i decided to stay

Hi Everyone,

My name is Kerri-Anne (obviously, lol) and I've been experimenting with soap making and lotion making and basically all kinds of skin care products for a couple of years now. I started because I read an article that had a list of bad stuff you can find in lotions and the harm they can cause. I picked up my daughter's Hannah Montana body wash and almost every single one of the things was in that bottle. I threw it in the trash and headed to the natural pharmacy to buy some natural stuff for her. Well, I was shocked at how expensive all of it was. I looked at the three ingredients in a little tin of salve and it was like a light bulb went off. I started googling how to make lotion and the rest is history.

When it comes to soap, I've only worked with melt and pour bases and have not yet tried the cold press process. My husband and I have a total of three girls and four dogs so I'm very worried about working with lye in the house. I've done a ton of research online but never had access to anyone who actually has done this before so I'm really excited that I found this forum! Can't wait to get to chatting with everyone!

-KA-

I just wanted to introduce myself

Hi everyone,
My name is Kimber and I am fairly new to soap making both CP and HP soaps. I am sure that I will have lots of questions in the future and I am looking forward to the great advise and new ideas that I might get here, and maybe even someday give.
Good to meet you all,
Kimber

Hello Everyone!

My name is Tara and I am still fairly new to soap making. Although I purchased my first soap supply kit nearly a year ago, I wasn't able to commit to making soap as I would have liked. Since the beginning of summer I've been unable to get soap off my mind and am constantly trying to learn new things as well as make soap as often as possible. I mostly make MP soap, but I plan to venture into CP soap (I've only made 1 batch thus far.)

On a personal note, I am currently pregnant with my first child and am due the first week of November!! Soon I will need to figure out a way to balance life as a new mommy, a girlfriend, an employee, and a crazed soaper. Needless to say, I am very excited!

Hi,

I'm Ama. I've never soaped before and I'm not quite sure how the interest started, but I'm really excited about it. I've been reading through the posts on this site and the enthusiasm is catching! I'll be making a small batch in the next few weeks using a basic recipe I created using Soapcalc; just getting the rest of my equipment and ingredients together now.

I know I'm going to learn lots on this forum.

Ama

Welcome to the forum Ama
welcome.gif

Welcome Ama! How do you like the soapcalc software? I've only made one batch of Cold Process soap, but am considering purchasing the software any ways. As a new soaper, do you think it is worth it?

Thanks Genny!! :D

@MrsPine09 - I'm too green at soapmaking to be able to comment on how good Soapcalc right now. But I'll let you know how my first try is in a few weeks :)

Hello soapers & the like!

I'm Steph AKA stephasafari.

Totally new to the soap and body care making world! I've been wanting to make soap for over five years now but it wasn't until two months ago that I became frantic with soap making visions and aspirations! I have now managed to get together a great supply inventory and all of my utensils/tools.

Last night I made a small batch of lip balm, a recipe I created using a ratio "recipe". It was a success! And now I'm doing all that I can to gather up my courage and knowledge of CP so I can make my first batch tomorrow (er, today...I'm a night hawk).

If it wasn't for SoapMaker 3 Software I'd probably be way in over my head- this software is fantastic! I've come up with a recipe using it and altering my ratios to find a suitably scored soap.

Anywho- this is my introduction! I intend on making soap making and body care a business. I'm from Toronto, Ontario. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back