Welcome to the SMF Family!! Please read this first :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my name is Sara :)

I made MP soaps years ago and thought about switching to CP but life got in the way. Fast forward to a few months ago, I sat down with my hubby and told him my plans of getting back I into soaping only CP this time and he was all for it. I plan on making a small business out of it but I know it will be a year or so down the road. I posted a picture of my first Castile soap that I made today and I'm hooked, it was so easy! I am already thinking of making more wooden molds so I can have several in the works at one time. I think I'm hooked :p

Sent from my XT907 using Soap Making mobile app

Hi, I'm Grayce, originally from AZ, but found home in Atlanta GA about 10yrs ago. I've been in graphic design since 1998, and a while ago, a friend and I got into making home-made natural or mostly natural hair and skin products for ourselves and friends, and later she opened up shop, but I had too much going on at the time but now, I've been working on getting back into production mode for those things, because I really want to be doing what I enjoy!

I have been a severe agoraphobic with a lot of social anxiety issues for many years. I tend to keep to myself most of the time, but hubby insists that I can't be a hermit my whole life (why?) so he suggested finding a hobby where I could talk with people online, so here I am after much lurking. I am rather socially inept, and tend to be defensive, so please forgive my blunders and point me in the right direction when needed?

Although I've been doing hair and skin care stuff for a while, I'm just learning soaping, so I will probably have lots of dumb questions. And I'm constantly curious, and want to kow WHY stuff does or doesn't work, so I'll probably have lots of questions along those lines also. Soap might eventually make it. into the lineup of stuff I will be selling, but I don't think I'll be at a skill level for that. anytime soon! Too much to learn! So far though, I am enjoying it just for myself as a hobby. It's very relaxing to me :)

I'm glad to be here -- I watched several boards before signing up here. You guys all seem friendly and helpful!

Welcome Grayceworks. There are a lot of nice knowledgable folks here. Also be sure to check out old posts. I think I read every single post when I first started out.

Welcome Grayceworks. There are a lot of nice knowledgable folks here. Also be sure to check out old posts. I think I read every single post when I first started out.

Thanks! I've been reading everything I can get! I've been starting at the oldest posts and working forwards. :)

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Welcome Grayce

That's a good idea to read all the old posts. lot's of info there. I might suggest that you keep a folder of all the info you need that way you can go back and look up what you need to know and then it's all in one place.

Hi from Holland

:smile: So glad I found this site, very helpfull! I make soap since 2009 off and on and always looking for new ideas. I decided to make my own molds and because I live near the beach and I love shells and make molds of them. I do CP and M&P and I use only essential oils.

Best regards from a little beachtown in Holland

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My youtube video [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx4aGaUITwk[/ame]
and on FB
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Seasensuals-Soap-Art/234582573362728
( I like "likes" ) ;)

Hello and welcome!

Thanks for sharing the video. It was lovely and you have some beautiful soap. For some reason, I thought the greenish colored nautilus one was the most attractive. I don't know why...I just did. Also, I liked the music in your video. Who is the artist who performs it?

I looked at your FB page and liked it. :grin:

Hi, my name is Monica. I began experimenting with a basic soap recipe or two last year and really liked it. This year I've had more time to focus on making soap and have started experimenting with scents and colorants, etc. I also have been learning as much as I can about the cold process method and different techniques, but I am the only soaper in my circle so I have no one to talk about it with, as of yet!

Thanks, Hazel. I have so many projects I want to start on. The next two I'd like to make are shave soap and a peppermint moisturizing soap with a red swirl. It will be a first try at both and I am excited.:D

Newbie looking for a family

Good Evening,

I am new to soap making, but have plenty of ambition to learn from the wise and once I learn help where I can. I am excited to get into this forum.

There are ZERO public soap crafting stores in the Tucson area and therefore I am stuck with the ol' computer. I have started researching and now that I am finished with my bachelors degree have all the time in the world to dedicate to my new found excitement. I have also read/studied two books "Soap Crafting: Step-by-Step" by Anne-Marie Faiola and "Making Soap from Scratch" by Gregory Lee White.

My family has decided that I can use 7Lbar as my soap name, since most will have at least that many ingredients (whether by oil and/or essentials). The way to write it out does not even look like the actual family brand that was used for farming years back, but my husband has kept the rights. If I do get going with this and find a business is in order I am not sure what that name will be, but now I am being overambitious and putting the water before the glass.

Hello and welcome! :wave:

I understand your frustration with not having any soaping supply stores near you. I have to order almost everything except for some oils and a few things I get at the grocery.

Hi my name is Lucas,

I am very excited about joining the forum. I am new to soapmaking and am looking forward to talking with all of you.

Hope we have good time here.

I live in a small town and can buy lye at the hardware store. I buy olive oil at a discount/restaurant supply grocery in the next town. Everything else I order on-line. (I can honestly say I didn't know there are soap supply stores.) I've had very good results ordering on-line. Congratulations on your graduation!

Newbie From Michigan

Hi Everyone :wave:

I'm fairly new to making soaps (less than 5 years) and it's something I have grown to love. I soak up any information I can on recipes, techniques, equipment,etc.

The Forum is a great place for info and everyone is really friendly/nice.

Happy Chatting
:thumbup:
Kim

Hi to everyone!

I'm so excited to be here. I'm been reading and reading and even though i've only been making soaps for two months I just love it.

Cheers!
Marisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back