Welcome to the SMF Family!! Please read this first :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First Day on this sight

I just have started making soap in the last month so I have a lot to learn. I did just make my own soap mold complete with cutting slot to be able to cut my soap to 1-1/4 inch. I ended up making my own soap cutting knife also as I could not find one I liked or if I liked it, the blade was not deep enought to cut through my mold. I would love to hear and learn about how to add a stamp into each bar of soap.

Hi

Hi I'm Christophe from Europe and just started making soaps recently and I have to say I'm really passionate about it. I hope I'm not the only male here who is into soaps now lol.
Thanks

Hi all
I have no idea if I've introduced myself but I'm from the Northern Territory, Australia (for those who don't know Australia, I quite literally live in Crocodile Dundee country). I soap for fun and find it incredibly relaxing - CP is my preferred method however I have used MP as well. I also love cutting my soap to reveal the patterns hiding within. I have been soaping for almost 5 years and try to use Australian base oils and ingredients where I can...including local Indigenous flora and fauna. I sell my soap and body products at local markets in my region. I really enjoy visiting this site and find myself often saying "I do that...I do that too" to many of your posts. Looking forward to learning from and contributing to this site.

So very nice to be here!

I am relatively new to soaping and looking forward to learning from all of you and perhaps one day being able to contribute a tie-bit or two myself. I have tried HP and CP - currently CP is my method of choice. I am actually going to tackle liquid dish and laundry soaps this weekend, feeling a little anxious/excited! Just recently made my first Aloe soap, scented with Orange and Peppermint EO - looks and smells wonderful - just a few more weeks before I can give it a try!

Happy New Year everyone and happy soaping!

Hello!

I thought I would post a little note to say 'hello' :p

My interest in soap making began only a couple of months ago.

Each time I have googled a soap making question, it has been this forum that has provided the answer.

So I decided to join to say Thank You!

Hello Hazel, and thank you for the welcome :)

Yes my name is Anna, and I am a soapaholic.

My hubs gets eczema, and after doing some research I thought that making our own soaps might benefit our health and also our pockets. I decided to make a few basic bars, and that would be it. I wonder how many people start off by saying that.

I would like to post pictures of my soaps made thus far, but I have yet to locate the chamber of horrors section on this site.

I have learned the interesting way that:
1. It is best to stop blending some time before reaching extremely thick trace.
2. Soap made from 100% Dripping (beef tallow) is hard. Although perhaps a laser beam might cut it.
3. Once a hand blender has been used for soap, its hummus-making days are over.

I am having a wonderful time regardless! Heaven help me when I get round to placing my first internet order, and start buying colourants...

Anna x.

I was amused by your list of things you've learned. I think many people start off by saying it would be cheaper to make soap. I know I did. Ha! Much $$ spent already and I'm still spending out money. I suppose it would be cheaper if I'd stop buying fragrance oils.

The Photo Gallery is here --> http://www.soapmakingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

I'll be looking for your pics. :thumbup:

Hello from Canada

My name is Maria, i just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. I've been on the forum for several months, but haven't posted before. I have been making soap since 2005 and candles 2008 and always lean something new, and I love looking at everyone's creations in the gallery!
and if i learn how to download pictures I will show you some of my soaps :)

New to SMF Family

Hi,

I began "concocting" blends of melt and pour soaps and rebatching several years ago due to severe allergies to almost everything. I recently have decided to try my hand at making my own completely from scratch. I found SMF while looking up a recipe for castile soap. A thread for Hazel's Olive Oil soap, with a 1 year cure, came up; I couldn't stop reading the Forum and now I'm hooked. I never found the recipe either... haha

I live in Kentucky with my husband and three children. In addition to making soap I also sew, knit, crochet, paint, and sculpt. I go by the name Hippiechic because it was given to me by my friends back in high school because of my family's all natural lifestyle (both parents grew up on a farm and so did I). The name stuck so when the internet came around in the 90's I was fresh out of high school and my online id was born.

I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here at SMF! Happy Soaping!

Hippiechic

Hello and welcome! :wave:

Hmm...was the thread for a buttermilk castile? If so, it was just 100% olive oil and buttermilk for the liquid.

Hello

Hello,
I am as new as you can get, I haven't made any soap yet but I have just enrolled on a course in February :)
I'm very excited, so be perp eared for some really silly question. I live in the UK, I'm a single mum with 3 children and I'm addicted to crafts, my main craft is lampworking. I look forward to getting to know you all
Tsarvo

Hello everyone I just came across this forum while searching online for lotion bar tubes. Jeje
This weekend I made lip balm and lotion bars but needed lotion bar containers so here I am.
I almost fell off my chair because I saw that this forum had an app. How cool is that!!!!!

I've been making hair bows for over 10 years now and even though I love making them I wanted to add another trade to my already overly full belt. I decided on lip balm and lotion bars. I hope to learn a lot in this forum.

From Ohio soon moving to Ft. Myers FL

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1390842919.538952.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back