Welcome to the SMF Family!! Please read this first :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Red Panda

Welcome, I'm in Sydney. I'd imagine there wouldn't be many markets out your way, you'd probably have to travel a couple of hours to get to a market maybe Orange or Cowra. A lot of markets are also full and you have to go on a waiting list and have something extra special or something they haven't already got at the market to let you in. I think you'll find the market is saturated on the net with handmade soaps. Have a look on Etsy and you'll see how many, bit of an uphill battle to find a niche. This might help you in the future for when your ready to sell. http://www.soapmakingforum.com/f23/you-ready-sell-your-soap-16002/

Newbie!

Hey there! I've been making soap now for a few years. Thanks to my mother :razz: she was all about using natural products and being healthy. I brainstormed off of her ideas and turned them into unique beautiful soap creations. I love creating soap, face and body products. I'm excited about joining this soap making forum and looking forward to meeting new friends and learning new stuff.

Selling Soap

Good Morning Sep,
I sell my soaps, lotions, scrubs etc at Craft Shows, Festivals and the 'Net.
To be honest, I think the market is getting saturated, If I do a $200 show (1 day) I do back flips going home cause I think I have done great. Usually I am competing with 3 or 4 other soap makers at my shows.

In my last show I was the only soaper and only made $325 for a 2 day show. So it seems that people want handmade, natural soaps but I guess it depends on if they are in the mood to spend.

New here from Virginia! I've always lived all natural stuff and loved learning about herbal remedies since I was in high school. That led me to want to make my own soaps and body products one day. Can't wait to learn lots more and meet some awesome people! :)

Good Morning Sep,
I sell my soaps, lotions, scrubs etc at Craft Shows, Festivals and the 'Net.
To be honest, I think the market is getting saturated, If I do a $200 show (1 day) I do back flips going home cause I think I have done great. Usually I am competing with 3 or 4 other soap makers at my shows.

In my last show I was the only soaper and only made $325 for a 2 day show. So it seems that people want handmade, natural soaps but I guess it depends on if they are in the mood to spend.

I totally agree. The last show I did, I made just enough to cover the cost of the entry fee and there were 3 other soapers. One stall was set right opposite us.

Hi I'm a newbie from Nigeria, West Africa, Africa, the World:-D I'm new to soap making, however i'm already in love with this Forum. Looking frward to making loads of Friends here and learning soapy stuff.

Hello. Just joined a few minutes ago. I've been making soup for a few years. Goats milk only. I do not use dyes or fragrances. I make it with various combos of mint, honey, beeswax, pinetar, oats, lavender, chocolate, and used espresso grounds for a good scratch. I am interested in using my own rendered suet and lye from wood ash, but have yet to take the plunge.

Hi, my name is Liz, and I'm new to soap making. I made my first soaps last night, so I'll have a bit of a wait to see how they turn out. I made one lot unscented, and the other is scented with lavender oil. Fingers crossed :))

Hello,
I have been making cp soap for some time for gifts and personal use. I love it, but want to learn more and try new recipes, etc. So here I am! This is the first time I've joined any forum, so forgive me if I don't know all the proper etiquette.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge, I am excited to learn!

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I've been making soap for almost two years and I'm enjoying reading all the tips and helpful information on this forum. I do have a couple of quick questions. My business is growing and I'm looking to purchase a soap melter, lye tank and a soap cutter. Does everyone still prefer the Tank? Can anyone offer reviews on lye tanks and soap melters? I have no experience using any of this equipment so any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Hello
I'm new to the forum and joined tonight looking for support and help with my soaping. Thought this would be the place to find it from fellow soapers. I'm having a hard time at the moment as a couple of batches have been spoilt. Putting it down to some unusually hot weather (not something we get here often). Sweaty feeling soap after its cured and I even got some orange dots!!!!! Never had them before. Don't know what to do.

New Here!

Hello everyone! I am Karla and I am from Michigan. I am glad I found this forum to use. I am sure my sister and I will be using it a lot! My sister and I have made a few batches of soap,one turned out and the other didn't so well. We are wanting to make a goat milk soap. I see that there is a goat milk powder on the market. We aren't sure where to buy fresh goat milk so was wondering if the powder would be a good choice? Also, would like to get any suggestions for us newbies on starting and any recipes for a beginner too. I hope to meet you and hope someday I can share my stories of soap making to others. Thank you for having me. :wink:

Hi SimplySheaSoap, marigold1 and Karla,

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

@ KarlaSue56

You can use goat milk powder but remember some of the fat is removed during processing. You can also buy goat milk in groceries.

What recipe did you use to make your batches? You could post it in the CP section and ask for advice. It helps if people know what oils you have so they can make suggestions. You could also check in the Soap Making Recipes & Tutorials section. People have posted recipes which you might like to try. http://www.soapmakingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Hello Everyone. My name is Rochell and I am from North Carolina. I have been making soaps since 2005. I have learned a lot about soapmaking over the years and still have a lot more to learn. I am here to get to know all of you, share my experience, learn from others and have a great time while doing so.

Rochell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back