Big Tree Supplies - Product Reviews

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
artisan soaps said:
I know right?

I just used Cucumber Wasabi Cilantro in a salt scrub, and it's To Die For! I NEED to add a large bottle to my wish list before I forget ..
clare, i just went onto BTS and found the cucumber wasabi cilantro FO, but it said it hadn't been tested in CP - have you tested it in CP? or is it just for your scrub?
thanks

Hi whisks,not Clare but I've soaped it.I tend to jump the gun a bit on the FO reviews,figured I'd wait a few weeks,see how they hold up.But here goes! :wink:

Cucumber Wasabi Cilantro:(Think it's NG-guessing tho,should just ask Karen!:roll: )Fresh fresh fresh! I don't smell cuke,but don't with any cuke FO's(?) Soaped at 3% & after 5wks scent is holding excellently. OOB there is a fruity topnote which isn't as evident now.Still there but takes a while to come thru. I like it,but not sure how popular it'll be. Definitely different....

I only M & P but the Cucumber Wasabi Cilantro had mixed reactions with my testers,the 20-30 year olds loved it but my Mums reaction was totally different and said the soap turned her stomach,my sister couldn't make up her mind and kept going back for another sniff,my son absolutely loved it and wants me to make more.I actually like it its different from the normal which in my mind is good.Not sure if its going to be a seller though unless l have lots of 20-30 years around .I might just have to keep it for me what a shame :)

thanks for the info clare.

i know the BTS site was down a few days ago, but i put an order through 2 days ago, and apart from the automated reply, i haven't heard back from karen. i transferred the money straight after the automated reply, but have not receive another confirmation. i suspect she's busy, but is this usual?

i'm sure everything's fine, but i just have to keep track of what i've been ordering....omg....soaping has so many tempting things to try....

all's good - karen is super busy as predicted and my parcel is in the mail. i wanted to know about one of the fragrances i ordered (soaping characteristics) and she was so good as to comment on all the fragrances i ordered. she had changed suppliers with the one i was curious about, and i wasn't sure whether the comments were about the new or superceded fragrance.
soaping stuff is even easier to buy than shoes, and i've bought so many FOs and EOs, and associated bits....it's so addictive....do they have soapers anonymous?

whisks said:
soaping stuff is even easier to buy than shoes, and i've bought so many FOs and EOs, and associated bits....it's so addictive....do they have soapers anonymous?

HaHaHa,yes they do!! It's called The Soap Making Forum... :lol:

soap making forum is not soapers anonymous....it's soapers enabling other soapers!!!!

honestly, i only started soaping 2 months ago (2 months and 2 days, if you really must know), and i've made 16 batches of soap, each made with 2.5 kg of oil.....this adds up to masses of soap. i realise christmas is coming up, but i honestly don't think that all i can give people is soap....

i need to know what everyone else does with all their soap....

when you say you are short of storage, just how much soap have you got at anyone time? i realise that the amount of soap at any one time could be a dynamic (and growing) thing, but surely this might plateau at some stage?
because i'm new to soap, most of the soap i've made hasn't fully cured, so there are tons being stored, not forgetting that there is only that much soap a recipient can use. prior to this soap making obsession, i used to have a cake baking obsession (and still do, sort of), and gave so much cake away that it wasn't funny....

hmmmm....at the moment, what i have curing is about 1.5 cubic metres of soap. of course there is airspace, but soap needs airspace to breathe...i try not to soap every day, but did make 2 batches in one day a couple of days ago :oops:
i would make a smaller quantity of soap, but have found the 2.5 kg of oils to be the quantity i like soaping the best - it fits in the pot and can be SB easily or stirred.

i'm using a stock pot. too. if i find another one which will work, i'll get it, but for the time being, this is it.

i have all my soap curing in shallow boxes which stack and i have them all on a trolley so i can wheel them around together. unfortunately, the same cannot be said of my moulds, fragrances, pots, mixers and associated paraphenalia....i need a system for thembecause they are well and truly messing up my laundry; prior to that, they were messing up my kitchen. i'm glad i moved it to the laundry, but i really need to organise it because there's stuff in the floor, in the shower...everywhere....i know once that's done, things will be much better. problem is, once things are more organised, i know it will be even easier to make more soap......

hmmmm....i have a dehumidifier too...so you think it's a good thing to use it to dry out the soap? does this speed up curing in any way??? (wishful thinking)

Latest posts

Back