Big Tree Supplies - Product Reviews

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Have had heaps of medical expenses to pay and with Christmas coming up its been a problem so l am counting my pennies so its only a small order,l actually changed it from my original plan.I think its more fun when you have limited resources because l put in a lot more thought than l usually do when l order.
Chocolate delight(for my Chocolate cupcakes)
Bubblegum( for the kids things for Christmas)
Fairy Dust (Have to try a new one everytime l order)
Moonlight Tuberrose(This one is another newbie but l thought Mum might like it)
Lily of the valley(My favourite flower fragrance so l am hoping its close to the real thing)
Turkish Hazelnut Cafe(My son and his friends go Gaga over this so have to make soap and Soy melts with this)
Cigar (its cheap always have to have at least one from the clearance list)
Lily of the Valley,Moonlight Tuberose and Fairy Dust all got good reviews on the Natures Garden site,l am hoping since Karen is using the same pictures that this is where she is getting them from.

i'm putting together my list of things to order from karen, and i wish she had a wish list for all those things i'd like to get next time because i can't get them this time....

pops, i will eagerly await your reviews on the fragrances you'e ordered.

[/quote]i'm putting together my list of things to order from karen, and i wish she had a wish list for all those things i'd like to get next time because i can't get them this time.[/quote]

You can put them in your cart and leave them until you want to put the order through,l have been playing around for about a month adding some and taking some away and as soon as you log in and go to your account they are still there just like a wish list. :)

Pauline I've soaped Lily of the Valley,it's rather strong-I do 2% & am thinking of cutting back to 1.5% but evryone loves it.It smells like the old fashioned Yardley one(Yeah,I've got a bit of a thing for the old style yardley scents-single note,pretty florals,real feminine.Odd,cos I'm not that way at ALL lol) No A, no D,I even manage 2 colours no worries. holds well. My 1st batch,made 17th Sept. is as strong as it was day one.

Lily of the Valley:Soaped at 2% All veg recipe, RTCP, 33%LSS. No A. No D. Lovely strong floral.

i know pops, but it's just nice to have a list for the cart and a separate wish list so i can tranfer things from the wish list to the cart when i can.

gekko, i'm dding lily of the valleyto my next order - i love lily of the valley!

You are right about Turkish Hazelnut Cafe losing its Cafe part ,it does it in MP a bit too, l mix it with Fresh Coffee l bought from someone on EBay.One of my sons friends is Greek and loves this so much he wants an aftershave made with the same fragrance.Don't fancy going around smelling like the local coffee shop. :lol:
I only do M & P so l am hoping Lily of the Valley holds its smell the same as it does for CP.
I have just opened my box with the Soy wax melts in and boy what a blast to the nose that was.I am glad l have made my quota of melts because l really resent the amount of oil l have to use,just as well Soy Wax is so cheap compared to M & P base or l wouldn't be making it.

artisan soaps said:
I like the Wish List idea too, but do use the shopping card in the same fashion, building up an order of many weeks/months even ..

Turkish Hazelnut Cafe: I've found this looses quite a lot of it's notes in CP soap during/after cure .. It still smells nice, but it's nothing compared to how it started - all nut no coffee :(

I'm still looking for a great Coffee FO that holds true and stands the test of time in CP .. And Jasmine - anyone know of an excellent Jasmine that works in CP ??

I have soaped BBs Turkish Mocha fo and it is gorgeous in CP - real staying power and smells divine! I have their Jasmine as well and oob it is gorgeous. I haven't yet soaped it but the review at Aussie Soap Supplies is that it sticks well.

Tanya :)

I am really going to cry, the week after l put an order in out come all the goodies.Now l am trying to work out how to squeeze the household budget
to include more oils and also how to sneak in an extra parcel from Karen which isn't going to be easy since husband is on afternoon shift and he is home when the postman comes. :lol:

Sorry guys, I was just doing my friendly duty by telling you, I was so excited when I went on the website and saw all the goodies for sale!
Pauline I know what you mean, I "lie" to my DH too if he is here when I get a parcel....oh it's just some swap soaps from the forum girls. :lol:

Can't understand these husbands how come they would rather eat than have some lovely little brown bottles .
In my last order l received
Lily of the Valley,love it ,light fragrance that really does smell like l remember maybe a bit old fashioned now but l really like it
I also got fairy Dust which is a new one.Another light fragrance which my 14year old Grandaughter just loves l am no good at describing oils but this would make a beautiful perfume for a young girl light and airy ,can smell floral tones but it has something else which makes you come back for another smell.I am going to make some solid perfume for the Granddaughter for her Christmas stocking.
Moonlight Tuberose was another one l received and l am reserving judgment on this one its a bit cloying for me ,must be really popular because karen has already sold out.
Bubblegum which l thought would be a good kids one doesn't really do much for me in fact l was a bit disappointed that it didn't have a real burst of smell that bubblegum has but the grandkids liked it so l suppose that's all that matters.
Chocolate Delight does smell like Chicco lollies which another reviewer on Karens site said ,not a full bodied Chocolate but it worked great for me in M & P for my Choc Mint slices
Now to get back to the important things in life ..How to squeeze the budget to get more of those little brown bottles.Oh dear at my age you would think l would have the strength of character to resist but those poor little bottles are so cheap and need a loving home ..... :lol: :lol:

Oh Pauline i know, I just couldn't resist. I was like a woman possessed I tell ya. :lol: Before I even knew what I was doing my fingers had selected a heap and pressed the checkout button.
Ha ha!
But I did place a big order with Karen about 3 weeks ago and haven't even got around to testing out all the fo's that I bought that time. I got the bubblegum too, I haven't tried it yet, I'm a bit put off cos it discolours. Brown bubblegum doesn't quite do it for me.
:wink:
They are so cheap though, compared to what we are used to paying over here, and Karen is so nice to order from.
I ordered mostly all of the ones on the clearance list except for the foodie ones cos I've already got all of those, ordered them last time. :shock:

pops1 said:
Midnight Rose is already sold out ,have you bought all of it Chrissy?

Yeah, did ya? Had I of been just a little bit faster, I may have gotten some but I dithered, trying to talk myself out of more fragrance oils, that quite frankly, I just don't need. Did I listen to myself. Nah!

I have ordered Pumpkin Cornbread, Osmanthus, Mimosa Breeze, Pear Glace which are on special and Cannabis Rose , Lavender, Violet Blossom which were not on special. Bad me. :roll:

No I only ordered one bottle of Midnight rose, I've got another stashed here.
Though, I don't know how many Karen had to start off with Wink
Now tell the truth ,cross your heart.
Do you believe her Bubbles????

I am trying to be really good but Mimosa breeze,Nantucket Briar,Osmanthus ,sandalwood Clary Sage might find their way to my house.I have had a big soaping time getting ready for Christmas so l need to replace a few favourites like Freshlycut Roses and Manuka Honey and Lavender and Karen's Red Door which is spot on and l need more of that and the list is getting bigger and bigger and l only received a parcel last week.Oh Gosh l hope my Mother In Law sends her Christmas cheque early this year and l wonder if l can get my husband to donate his share to a good cause. :lol: :lol:

Back