Big Tree Supplies - Product Reviews

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
topcat said:
gekko62 said:
Where's Clare?

You mean Artisan? She has been quite unwell with a virus and is taking it easy atm....or at least she is supposed to be....

If you want to chat with her, send her a pm and I am sure she will get back to you :)

What a rotten time to be sick! Not that theres ever a good time is there? Thanks TC
:)

Yes I was very lucky with that mould, it does have SAMPLE stamped into it, but that won't affect the finished soap in any way. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
I have made a few orders over the last couple of months, and Karen is always good about sending a freebie to try, last time I got Burberry Brit and Black Pepper to try.

chrissy, i daresay i could live with the sample stamped on it too. keep us post with the burberry and pepper FOs as well as the mould - i'd like to hear how they go.

I will do Whisks!
I always have a little bit of soap left after pouring into my mould, so next batch I'll use the 3d one, it's the "magic hand" one, and the retail price is $13.50. I can't believe she sent me that for free!!
It's one of the double sided ones that uses the elastic bands to hold it together, I've never used one of those before. I've ordered some "soap ropes" so I'm waiting for those to come then I'll try it out.
The Black Pepper fo is lovely!!

can't say i'm familiar with the magic hands 3d mould, although i did see the spiral hands one. i ordered 2 victorian blossom 3d moulds and they come out so beautifully. i didn't grease them, but i did pop them in the freezer to harden up before pulling them apart. the other thing is....i've even tried doing them without the elastics and they are still fine, but you have to make sure you have pressed the moulds together securely - safer to do with the elastics. (don't listen to me - i'm a newbie soaper)

I used macintosh apple in some whipped soap over the weekend. 4.5% Smells fantastic & no A or D at all.
Bit of fun that was.Divided batch in 2,scented 1/2 mac apple & 1/2 strawb garden from escentials.Then proceeded to colour the apple pink n purple which I'd meant for the strawb! Just as well....the strawb turned my batter yellow so it fitted perfectly with the green n yellow meant for the apple.(horrid fo tho that strawb..batter looked like mashed egg yolk.quite revolting)
But I have beautiful pink,mauve n brite white apple scented floapies out of it all. And another reason why I love my nizzy mould.The softer variety whipped soap just slid out less than 24hrs after pouring(or glopping as the case may be!) :)

I love my Nizzy's too, they make life so easy.
Salt bars work great in them too.
I hate strawberry fo with a passion, Ive only soaped it once and will never do it again. Vile stuff.

ChrissyB said:
I hate strawberry fo with a passion, Ive only soaped it once and will never do it again. Vile stuff.

That's good to know Chrissy.I got a few sm bottles of fo from escentials & most of them smell nice oob,but after the strawberry fiasco I was thinking maybe they just aren't any good for soaping.Fingers crossed it's a strawb thing not an escentials fo thing....the cucumber smells great so does watermelon but I'll reserve judgement til after they hit batter! :wink:

So has anyone been using Big Tree lately? I finally got around to soaping the Violet FO and it was really over-powering to start with (I used 3% of oil quantity) but has now mellowed out after a couple of weeks and smells like the real thing. :wink:

Back