Big Tree Supplies - Product Reviews

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck Pauline.
I ordered all of those ones on the clearance list that you named, haven't tried them before but they're cheap!! I didn't order the ones that aren't skin safe, there was a few.
I'll have to order red door, my mum loves that perfume!

Chrissy would be interesting to see how it develops in CP I am thinking it would be a nice fragrance to soap..............If you break down and buy let us know how it behaves :D I think I could be 'lured in' to purchasing this...........Have also been eyeing up the Jovan Musk as I love this fragrance as well!!!!!!

I made solid perfume ,bath scrub and M & P soap with the Red Door for my daughter who is a big fan of the fragrance and she loved them especially the solid perfume we couldn't tell the difference between her bought perfume and the one l made so your Mum should love it Chrissy.

i put my order in, too, and am now awaiting the parcel. i haven't had a chance to do any soaping in the last couple of weeks because i've started a new project, and do feel somewhat guilty, but think i probably would feel worse if i didn't put in an order....so i put myself out of misery.....

Don't feel guilty Whisks.
It's Christmas, us mums and wives have to have a little something for ourselves. I always tell my husband "Happy Wife, Happy Life", cos if i'm not happy I'm gonna make him (and everyone else ) miserable!!
Srsly, soaping keeps me sane, it's exercises my brain, whilst being able to use my creativity, and I get an amazing sense of accomplishment from it. I love giving my soap to people and hearing back from them how much they love it. I had a lovely comment from my mum the other day. She said "We would never ever buy soap from the supermarket again, even if you stop making soap, I'll have to find someone else that makes it, cos I'm not going back to that horrible stuff ever". I thought that was very nice of her. And it makes me happy that I can formulate and create something that gives someone else such pleasure.
Soap-it's such a simple thing, but definitely a little luxury!
Next order (not till after Xmas, I promise.... :roll: ) I'm going to order Red Door, and my daughter is dying for some soap made with the Sarah Jessica Parker rip off!

lol, chrissy. my problem is that it isn't just soaping stuff i buy.....i recently got myself a thermomix (i love it - gives me more time to soap because i can leave it to do the cooking) and a few other bits and pieces.....and i still want to buy a camera, new pc, printer and fax....where will it all end????

Has anyone tried the baby powder scent? My mum fell in love with one (not BT) that a friend has used in her soy candles. Also any suggestions for a 'beginner' for a line for testers?

I have baby powder from Big Tree, I'm not sure who she gets it from though.
It really does smell just like babypowder. Interestingly, this one apparently doesn't discolour, I've heard other reports that baby powder fo's discolur because there is a titch of vanilla in there.

Did anyone order the Pumpkin Cornbread on special at BT? It definitely smells like something nice you should eat but I soaped with it tonight and boy, does it move. I added it to oils and within 30 seconds of adding the lye, I had thick gloop. Pity, cause I had my clays all mixed up and ready to add but I had to settle on sprinkling some clay on top instead. Probably didn't help that I used Pomace. Next batch will be EVOO. :wink:

Ok, so I made another recipe up and I used EVOO and it behaved just fine, so it's a reaction with the Pomace in the last batch I think. I was able to use my clays this time.

Forgot to say that I also had a 20% water discount in the first batch and used full water for the second batch. :oops:

Is it Marshmallow Fluff?

There are two reviews on Marshmallow Fluff and the usual general info.

http://bigtreesupplies.com.au/fragrance-oil-marshmallow-fluff-p-650.html

Great smell but in M & P Soap it really discolors soap to a dark brown very quickly.

Rating: 2 of 5 Stars! [2 of 5 Stars!]

not at all too sweet, very delicate, like a real marshmallow.

Rating: 5 of 5 Stars! [5 of 5 Stars!]

Performance in CP Soap: No acceleration noted when using low temps, discolours soap dark brown, scent lasts and lasts.

no, it's simply "marshmallow". i did see the reviews for the marshmallow fluff, though, and think that some of it might be applicable, such as the discolouring brown bit, but i'd like to know whether it's a strong scent, morphs, accelerates, you know, that sort of thing. it's fun receiving something like this, but some notes wouldn't go astray, iykwim.

thanks for looking it up for me.

deleted? a sapl she got from a supplier she thought to share with us and see there is any feed back? who knows? like i said before, it's just nice to get a little surprise.

Im about to put an order in but Im stuck for ideas for kids scents that won't discolour cp. Thinking fruity,but does anyone have any ideas? :?

Back