Big Tree Supplies - Product Reviews

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just used "Honey (L'Occitane™ Type)" and so far I absolutely love it in CP. I made a buttermilk soap and left it ungelled and soaped the fo at 3%. It is quite strong and with the buttermilky background smell of the soap, it smells like oob but with creamy notes....soooo nice. If you have ever smelt honey fresh from the hive and still on the comb you will have an idea of how this smells - you can still smell the flowers in there. Soap is only a week old so I cannot yet judge how well it sticks but the notes on Karen's site say it will. I will probably soap it at 2.5% next time and still get a lovely strong scent.

Tanya :)

Tried Oatmeal and Honey from Bigtree for the first time not sure l like it as much as Brambleberries it has a bit too much honey.I usually make a massage bar for men using OMH but my testers don't like the new fragrance.

I didn't realise Karen sourced from Brambleberries as well,I actually bought my first one from Aussiesoapsupplies because that's where l get my bases from and its a lovely mellow fragrance .Bigtree's version is heavy on the honey and not as mellow as the Brambleberries version.
I have just sent an email to Aussiesoapsupplies to check which version they get from Brambleberries ,the Ordinary OMH or the OMH Cybilla.I will get back to you when l get an answer.

ARTISAN SOAPS
I was going to get one of those Batik Domes but now l am a bit worried it might be a bit too big for my packing.Have you got another mould that compares in size ?.

They certainly answer there emails fast at Aussiesoapsupplies l have an answer already.
Its the original Brambleberries not the Cybilla OMH so Karen must be carrying the Cybilla if she got it from Brambleberries.

Thankyou very much for the pictures,goodness they look huge but the capacity size is only suppose to be 110gms
I think l might go with the Batik Oval instead,it have 4 cavities and are 100gms not quite as nice a pattern though.
Karens site is a bit addictive for me, I spend far too much time in looking at all the moulds and reading up on the fragrances.Wish my budget ran to heaps more than l have bought so far.

gekko62 said:
White Tea & Ginger..this is beautiful.Light,ephemeral,really tea-ish,soft floral.OOB is divine.Unfortunately its SO light I don't think it's gonna stick around in CP. Used 4%(all I had)& it's easy to soap. No A or D,33%LSS. But it's only a week old & really faint already. :( Would be fantastic in B&B tho.... am going to try BB's version next.

Update on the White Tea & Ginger.It's hanging in there really really well.I think my initial impression of it was because its not a heavy overpowering floral I thought it would disappear.Nu-uh. Think its going to be a fave :D

Another one to add to the wish list,l think l will have to get a sugar Daddy my old one isn't supporting me in the way l want to be supported :lol: :lol:

I really look forward to hearing how the FO's turn out in CP soap as it helps me to decide what to buy, although sometimes I seem to have a different opinion to other people. Strange nose? The FO reviews on Big Tree can be helpful too so it's great when customers take the time to add their comments - good or bad.

I went with Honey Washed Kids (Big Tree) and have been disappointed. It behaved well but the smell is a bit "blah" to me and I won't use it again. I can't describe the smell as I find it too artificial but I just don't like it much at all, although it's sticking in the soap. It's not hideous, just odd (to me).

I use Yvresse perfume which I love so naturally bought the Champagne (Yvresse) FO from Big Tree. Smells nice out of bottle with a wiff of similar smell to my perfume and it behaves well when soaping CP .... but .... morphs into something disgusting. Not disgusting enough that I won't use the soap but I will delay said use, until I am desperate. :wink:

FO's behave much differently in CP than they do in Melt & Pour.

I love Monkey Farts in MP and it's lovely in CP as well but loses something along the way.

Nag Champa is lovely in Melt & Pour. Haven't tried it in CP yet. Probably won't as once I have sampled a FO, I usually move on to another. Is that FO nymphomania? :oops: I have lots here that I haven't tried yet and some new ones on the way.

Oh by the way, I had about 10 BB FO's here that I really didn't like (most were freebies) so I mixed them all together and it turned out lovely which was a real surprise. :roll: Anyone done that?

I'm also wondering if anyone is blending FO's with EO's?

oldragbagger said:
artisan soaps said:
FO's I've used in soap:

Monkey Farts (Karen confirmed she gets this from NG): soaped in a 100% Coconut oil bar and at 7wks I still have no discolouration, though I'm told by everyone it will .. I used 33% Lye strength and had no troubles with acceleration, and my notes say I added 12.5gm to 500gm oils (sounds a lot?) .. I just used a bar now and it only has a mild/medium scent which doesn't do much for me personally .. It's OK, seems popular with the masses regardless of if told the name, but I've ordered other tropical scents to try instead ..

Boy, I am shocked that no discoloration with Monkey Farts. I have made 2 batches with this scent, each a slightly different recipe and both turned dark brown, the color of milk chocolate. Both were a tan color out of the mold but took only 2 weeks for the color to get to that chocolate brown point.

I didn't have any discolouration either "oldragbagger". Perhaps we should compare the oils that we used? I used Coconut/Ricebran/Olive with no other additives and it was a goat milk version.

artisan soaps said:
Thanks Jenny :D

Can anyone access the BTS site today?

Nooo! I get a picture of a lambourghini. That's not fair! Just got the latest BTS newsletter & can't get to the website.Cruel cruel cruel that is! :roll:

Latest posts

Back