tooth soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My BIL used baking soda, he ended up with a lovely set of false teeth.
I can't used baking soda in my tooth powder, either - way too abrasive for me. I don't like it in my deo, either - very irritating to the skin. If it does that to my pits, which are tough compared to my gums, then I shudder to think what it would do to my gums!

I have never heard of tooth soap ~ I learn something new all the time on this forum 😄
My personal experience started with a nasty rash around my mouth that turned out was a reaction to fluoride so instead of trying to find toothpaste without fluoride, I make my own "toothpaste" using coconut oil, a little baking soda, a little activated charcoal, a little bit of each of the clays (Bentonite, French green and Kaolin). I also add a few drops each of peppermint and clove EOs. And that's it. I don't add sweetener because it's not supposed to taste good, it's supposed to clean your teeth. My mixture tastes like slightly salty coconut oil with a hint of the clays. I brush my teeth and tongue and my teeth feel smooth and clean and my breath is clean ~ no, not minty fresh like commercial products, that's all from artificial flavoring which is not needed to clean your teeth. I also don't need bubbles in my mouth to know they are getting clean. I really wanted to do tooth powder followed by oil pulling but I just couldn't hold that coconut oil in my mouth long enough 😝 so I just mixed the coconut oil into my tooth powder and that works for me 😁
I can't brag on my oral health since I come from a family with weak enamel and have lost a few teeth over the years due to no insurance and extractions were the cheapest way to go, but currently, since using my current regimen, my teeth have not worsened in almost 10 years, only had to have one tooth extracted due to it breaking in half down to the root, and considering my tea addiction, the staining has lightened considerably. So I consider that a win for me ~ oh! And no more mouth rash! 😆

I have never heard of tooth soap ~ I learn something new all the time on this forum 😄
My personal experience started with a nasty rash around my mouth that turned out was a reaction to fluoride so instead of trying to find toothpaste without fluoride, I make my own "toothpaste" using coconut oil, a little baking soda, a little activated charcoal, a little bit of each of the clays (Bentonite, French green and Kaolin). I also add a few drops each of peppermint and clove EOs. And that's it. I don't add sweetener because it's not supposed to taste good, it's supposed to clean your teeth. My mixture tastes like slightly salty coconut oil with a hint of the clays. I brush my teeth and tongue and my teeth feel smooth and clean and my breath is clean ~ no, not minty fresh like commercial products, that's all from artificial flavoring which is not needed to clean your teeth. I also don't need bubbles in my mouth to know they are getting clean. I really wanted to do tooth powder followed by oil pulling but I just couldn't hold that coconut oil in my mouth long enough 😝 so I just mixed the coconut oil into my tooth powder and that works for me 😁
I can't brag on my oral health since I come from a family with weak enamel and have lost a few teeth over the years due to no insurance and extractions were the cheapest way to go, but currently, since using my current regimen, my teeth have not worsened in almost 10 years, only had to have one tooth extracted due to it breaking in half down to the root, and considering my tea addiction, the staining has lightened considerably. So I consider that a win for me ~ oh! And no more mouth rash! 😆
Your dry ingredients are similar to my tooth powder recipe, except I don't use baking soda bc it makes my mouth and gums very sore. I do grind up fresh cloves and also add some manuka EO. I haven't mixed this into CO since our winters are very cold, making for a rock-hard paste, even in a warm house. At times I have used OO to make a runny paste, but it requires stirring before each use. Mostly I've been adding the dry powder to a wet brush, but that does make a little mess. Now you've got me thinking that I should blend the CO with the OO and see if I attain a more pasty-consistency that doesn't separate. Yay, another experiment!

Back