Welcome to the SMF Family!! Please read this first :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New to soap making and to this forum

Hello.
So this is my first post. I am new to soap making, very new. I have yet to even make my first batch! I have all of the necessary ingredients to get started and am excited to try it out! I look forward to reading more on this forum so I can learn more and more about what is involved and find interesting ideas and answers to the many questions I have!

Hi all :)

So glad I found this site! There is so much information on here....I am impressed.
I am new new new to this, mostly going to be making lotion, body sprays and body washes.
This is the first real hobby I have had in a long time and I am loving it :D

I may not post a whole lot, but I know I will be reading here a lot.

simplebliss

Hello everyone!

Enchanting here!

New to the soap making, but I've been crafting for years knitting and sewing. :) I just started learning and making basic soaps so I hope to learn more here.

I'm so happy to find you! My daughter and I are gathering information for soap making. We are newbies and need a lot of guidance! :) I knit and crochet and would like to pair our soaps with my face/washcloths. I'm sure I'll be here a lot asking lots of questions!

Hello!

I am very happy to have found this group. I love to make soap but tend to make it and then not make it for a long time. I need the inspiration to keep me going!

suds of fun

hi all...I'm new here at the forum...my name is Eric. I've been making soap for a couple of months now. I got hooked by meeting a lady who has been soaping for 20 years. She showed me some of the ropes, but now I'm on my own. Knowledge and information are key...and when it comes to soap there seems to be a ton of it. Thanks for this forum...it's already answered so many questions for me.

Hello

Hello Everyone,

I want to introduce myself to you all. I'm an avid soaper who's been crafting soap since I was 16.

I love both the CP and HP methods. I also make liquid soap.

I've been teaching soap making classes for about 5 years. Currently, I teach both the HP and CP in one class! I'm also incorporating Milk Soap making into all of my classes this year. You can check out my website for more information about me.

www.cleanhandssoap.com

Yvonne

Hi. New to SMF.

Hi. I have been soaping for almost 5 years now. The first 6 months I only used MP but I quickly out grew that. I am starting to learn to make body butters. I work alot and dont have much time for soaping so lately when I do soap I make a bigger batch about 65 oz of oil. I really enjoy working in this and everyone's keeps asking me for more soap. And my favorite a few months ago ended up mailing all of it away and nit keeping any for me. I had to make more. Now I have a box that is just for me. The main thing I have noticed when my soaps are 6-8 months old the scents seem to fade.

newbie here...

Hello there,

My name is Georgia and I am new here and to soap making. I'm here because I'm looking for help on how to make my first soap and would love to learn new things from those soap experts on here.

My goal is to learn how to make soap with goats milk, but something tells me that I probably need to make soap that is more simple first - I could be completely wrong about that but just guessing.

I look forward to conversing with everyone here!

-Georgia

Re: newbie here...

greekmiss said:
Hello there,

My name is Georgia and I am new here and to soap making. I'm here because I'm looking for help on how to make my first soap and would love to learn new things from those soap experts on here.

My goal is to learn how to make soap with goats milk, but something tells me that I probably need to make soap that is more simple first - I could be completely wrong about that but just guessing.

I look forward to conversing with everyone here!

-Georgia

I would start with a more basic recipe. I am have only used canned goats milk so far. But I am hoping to breed my goats for fresh goats milk and see how that goes. But or will be Spring before I do that. I don't want any babies in the winter cuz I do not like house goats. I am also wanting to make my own cheese.

Welcome.

Hello, I am new to the site and new to soap making. I have my first batch setting in my garden shed, wrapped in an old bedspread, as we speak. I'm using cold process and I'm looking forward to making up some of my own recipes.
Looking forward to meeting you all and learning as we go along.
Karen, Stevenage (North of London, England)

Hi, I'm new to the forum, but not new to soapmaking.

However it's been a while and I have a class to teach the basics to in a couple of weeks so have signed in to see what the latest techniques are in the soap making world...

Am rather impressed, forums like this weren't around when I started making soap!

Tania :)

Hello <<<<WAVES>>>>>

:D Hi - my name is Anne. I live in Arkansas.
I make soap (cold process) and every now and then lotions and creams.

I also sell some ingredients too.
Are there any other Arkansas Razorbacks on the forum?

Look forward to learning more.

Introduction

Hi,
I'm relatively new to soap making. Started out with MP and have since progressed to CP which is heaps of fun. Looking forward to making friends and learning new things.

Hello everyone

I just joined your family of soap makers and I am very excited to start talking to everyone. I started soap making about two weeks ago and I can't get enough of it. I wanted to start selling it on my etsy site and if anyone has any tips that they want to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

Diana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back