Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After working a my job for 40 years just found out my job title has been eliminated and a new one created that I must re-apply to. I have a strong feeling they are just trying to clean house. I also suspect this time next month I may be unemployed. I have never been without a job or two since I was 15 years old. I am so sick to my stomach and worried now. There are a lot of us that will be scrambling to keep our jobs. I have to do a Resume and apply by Tuesday. So unfair and sickening. I love my job and really will be sad if I have to leave.

After working a my job for 40 years just found out my job title has been eliminated and a new one created that I must re-apply to. I have a strong feeling they are just trying to clean house. I also suspect this time next month I may be unemployed. I have never been without a job or two since I was 15 years old. I am so sick to my stomach and worried now. There are a lot of us that will be scrambling to keep our jobs. I have to do a Resume and apply by Tuesday. So unfair and sickening. I love my job and really will be sad if I have to leave.
Do you not have the option of taking redundancy? Someone I know had been in a job for a long time and the company did this, hoping he would reapply rather than the other people. But the payout meant that he could basically coast along until retirement without having to work at all! He thanked them for the time, but wasn't going to go through the hassle

Oh honey, that's so shocking, but Ive seen it before. Don't lose hope; it may just be a formality. I will keep you in my thoughts. Sending you Love and blessings.

Do you not have the option of taking redundancy? Someone I know had been in a job for a long time and the company did this, hoping he would reapply rather than the other people. But the payout meant that he could basically coast along until retirement without having to work at all! He thanked them for the time, but wasn't going to go through the hassle
That may be a possibility if there's no other job in the system. 4 years ago our hospital supposedly merged with two other systems (we were the smallest) unfortunately it was more like a takeover and it's all starting to show. I'm almost 60 so if I can take that, I can use that until I decide if I want to find another job or start my own business. I have a couple options. It's just hard because I really like what I do and am good at it.

That may be a possibility if there's no other job in the system. 4 years ago our hospital supposedly merged with two other systems (we were the smallest) unfortunately it was more like a takeover and it's all starting to show. I'm almost 60 so if I can take that, I can use that until I decide if I want to find another job or start my own business. I have a couple options. It's just hard because I really like what I do and am good at it.
I am so sorry to hear this is happening to you, there are so many sneaky ways to clean house. Will be sending prayers your way for keeping your job. It is so hard as we get older, as businesses down scale, and weed out the higher paid employees replacing them with new younger employees at lower pay scales.
Good Luck to you

we're going through a very similar situation now @shunt2011 , merging with a hospital and then splitting from them, being bought by another big company and now being dumped by that company, sold to another. the uncertainty is nerve wracking, i know that feeling , i'm so sorry you're going through it.
excellent employees are hard to come by, i hope they know what they've got in you!

Sorry to hear that Shunt2011, the same thing happened when I was 59 so I know how you feel--its esp scarey at that age. luckily for us the state sent us to school (we were factory workers). I hope everything works out for you in your new endeavors--hopefully you can find something else that you love, whether its starting your own business or finding another job you love

Major gripe: i had surgery to remove a skin cancer from the tip of my nose and now my whole face is swollen and sore. The little bugger spread while I was resisting the idea of surgery so the incision was huge. It hurts like blue blazes and I look like a swollen monster. So I'm in hiding until the swelling and redness goes down and now I'm sick of my own company.

To make matters worse I went to run the dishwasher and I'm out of the rinse agent I need to combat our excessively hard water. I use citric acid and can't find the 5-lb container I just purchased a month ago. I searched through all my cupboards but bending over to look below causes pressure to rise and makes my face hurt more

Thanks for this thread. I really needed to let off steam. This, too, shall pass, but not soon enough.

Major gripe: i had surgery to remove a skin cancer from the tip of my nose and now my whole face is swollen and sore. The little bugger spread while I was resisting the idea of surgery so the incision was huge. It hurts like blue blazes and I look like a swollen monster. So I'm in hiding until the swelling and redness goes down and now I'm sick of my own company.

To make matters worse I went to run the dishwasher and I'm out of the rinse agent I need to combat our excessively hard water. I use citric acid and can't find the 5-lb container I just purchased a month ago. I searched through all my cupboards but bending over to look below causes pressure to rise and makes my face hurt more

Thanks for this thread. I really needed to let off steam. This, too, shall pass, but not soon enough.
Sometimes you just have to whine. Look after yourself and don't sweat the small stuff. I hope you heal quickly and completely.

yes its good to let off steam--heal fast. and I hope ya find your citric acid soon

Gripe ... it is going to Snow .. again Sat, then AGAIN Monday.
Umm hello Winter is suppose to be over now.
Thanks global warming for moving my Winter from Dec-Feb to Feb- ??

@shunt2011 Maybe try and see if they have an easier job that you can sail along with till you want to retire ?

@shunt2011 Maybe try and see if they have an easier job that you can sail along with till you want to retire ?[/QUOTE]

If I can't keep the job I currently have (different title), I'm going to retire. I will not work here and end up taking a pay cut, having to work weekends and holidays. I did that for 25 of my 40 years. I love what I do and am good at it. I've worked hard to get to where I am.

Last edited:
Gripe ... it is going to Snow .. again Sat, then AGAIN Monday.
Umm hello Winter is suppose to be over now.
Thanks global warming for moving my Winter from Dec-Feb to Feb- ??

@shunt2011 Maybe try and see if they have an easier job that you can sail along with till you want to retire ?

its snowing here now and last I heard its supposed to most of the weekend--I am trying to be positive but I just want it to stop

Because most people only skim, they don't actually read. We see it all the time when we send out proofs. They can't even find mistakes on their own business cards, and that's a 3.5" x 2" piece of paper.

Oh god yes and my personal favorite is the signs at the door “push” and they pull, “pull” and they push. Why?!

But i was thinking about someone fighting me because... i agreed with then. No, i did not say “i agree with you” explicitly but that is what the text was saying.

Oh god yes and my personal favorite is the signs at the door “push” ans they pull, “pull” and they push. Why?!

But i was thinking about someone fighting me because... i agreed with then. No, i did not say “i agree with you” explicitly but that is what the text was saying.
LOL.. yup, they see what they want to see.

So I'm in hiding until the swelling and redness goes down and now I'm sick of my own company.

I know what you mean about hating your own company when healing up from a surgery. I **** near lost my mind week 8 of being housebound, alone after a hip replacement! Waiting to feel better is the worst!!!

Question; how much citric acid do you use in your dishwasher? I have insanely hard water as well and am alwaus looking for tips and tricks to make my life easier and my drains running better.
TIA
Ingrid

Latest posts

Back