What's your personal soundtrack today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dance like ya got sand in your crack while you still can! :nodding: Sing as if you have the most beautiful voice on the planet....because you do! 😁
This has resonated with me very much. I danced my butt off and sang lyrics out loud at my daughter's wedding last Friday in Mexico and realizing (still today), I need to do more of it because I still can barely move.

Gonna put on some music here at work and listen to my heart's content.

I'm up for making some sand angels!!!

Am I the only one bouncing off the walls the past while?
You might want to lay off sniffing the bull kelp... 🤣

I wish more people could find their "happy place".
Ever notice in the movies when you hear opera playing in the background? Dollars to donuts that person is the killer! :nodding:

That being said, my happy place is listening to opera. It is so beautiful, it makes my heart sing and more often than not my eyes well up with tears. On a daily basis, I have Classical Piano streaming on Amazon Music. If I feel like belting out a song, I go to Mama Cass on YouTube and other groups ya'll have never heard of, altho the Beatles are fairly universal. I also like listening to Country Music sometimes and the old time crooners like Sinatra. And so many more old fogies (noun. a person who is excessively old-fashioned in attitude, ideas, manners, etc. ) like me. Sigh.

I'm at work and the station of choice around here is 80's pop/rock. As much as I enjoyed the music when it first came out, hearing the same playlist week after week is getting depressing. I'd be happy with no music at all when I'm working but others can't work without it.

Suggestion: take a small bluetooth speaker to work with you & synch your phone to it & play tunes off that all shift so you're not inundated by 80s stuff at work.

Had my coffee listening to Prodigy again this morning, and yes, spilled a whole lot LOL Was breaking a sweat long before I headed outside to work.

Time to order some more CDs! cha-ching! which FUN FACT also means PARASITES in Indonesian LOL though spelled without the hyphen & the 2 H-es. I don't like the fact that most music is now digital downloads or digital streaming, especially after working in a studio (our own 'unofficial' studio) in my 20s. Much like with software & books, I prefer to have the hard copy in my hands.

This has resonated with me very much. I danced my butt off and sang lyrics out loud at my daughter's wedding last Friday in Mexico and realizing (still today), I need to do more of it because I still can barely move.

😆 that's awesome! ❤️

I have been surprised to discover that I did not have a sore muscle in my body when I began thrashing around. None the next day either! 😁 THAT'S something to feel joyful about! Gives me a good indication of the health of my body ❤️

My vocal cords, however, have felt themselves being woken up....I have never sung like this in my life, despite the fact that my father & his brother sang 'professionally' before I was born. They even cut a record, back when there were records LOL My family are all singers as well due to our familial background. They sang all of their prayers, generation after generation. So me opening myself up to this is HUGE! 😊

Gonna put on some music here at work and listen to my heart's content.

I'm up for making some sand angels!!!

🔥 yes ma'am 🏖️ So am I....I really miss dancing outside under the stars until sunrise...what an amazing experience! I think that I am gonna do exactly that during the next full moon when the trees are all lit up & the deer are out there chowing away....minus the sand LOL

I go to Mama Cass on YouTube and other groups ya'll have never heard of

I DO know who Mama Cass is....she doesn't quite float my boat, though LOL

altho the Beatles are fairly universal. I also like listening to Country Music sometimes and the old time crooners like Sinatra. And so many more old fogies (noun. a person who is excessively old-fashioned in attitude, ideas, manners, etc. ) like me. Sigh.

Oh puhlease....I had no idea you had been as many times around the sun as you claim to have been before you spelled it out 😂 You do NOT come across as 'excessively old fashioned', at all :) Not even a little bit!

My break is over....outdoors again, this time for some wood chopping 🪓

You do NOT come across as 'excessively old fashioned', at all :) Not even a little bit!
Yes. In my dotage I enjoy comfort music. But then there's this...

I DO know who Mama Cass is....she doesn't quite float my boat, though LOL
Prodigy makes me want to run and hide under my bed!!! If only I could get down that low and scuttle myself to safety. So, we're even Steven. :nodding:

Journey to the stars
Rock and roll guitars

OMG I LOVE that song! Reminds me of a band my roommate & I used to have for dinner when they came into town....long story....very memorable 😊

Take joy in the fact that he & others who worked with him spread joy to others through his work....if only we all did this in everything we do!

He WILL be back! 😁 Energy never dies, it simply transforms, and we ARE pure energy, photons & all! ❤️

Yes. In my dotage I enjoy comfort music. But then there's this...

Prodigy makes me want to run and hide under my bed!!! If only I could get down that low and scuttle myself to safety. So, we're even Steven. :nodding:

C'mon, shake yer moneymaker Zany! 😂 💃

Ahhhh Prodigy....you'd never guess that the singer spoke like a lovely momma's boy when off stage LOL When onstage, he expressed himself to the utter maximum, which in itself is beautiful :) When they played, seas, absolute oceans of people moved as one big heaving heartbeat, as a synchronized breath which could be visually seen....it was a thing of absolute beauty ❤️ One of the reasons I still love them so much. People didn't drink much alcohol, if any, when taking in this kind of music, so there was no fighting, no anger...just a group of people coming together as an amazing collective, out in farmers fields, out under the stars, on beaches, you name it....we need to get back to that energy so much.... 😊

Sadly, the majority of people will look at those videos & cringe in horror, not at all understanding what that music was about....it truly was a thing & a time of pure beauty....I very much miss it 😭

Here's a throwback I absolutely LOVE...used to dance a lot to this song when the band I mentioned in the post above would play this as a covertune...and that's when I was told I dance like a stripper 🤣 Ok....sure....I'll take that as a compliment....because why wouldn't I 😂 😆 🤣

I might consider changing my personal policy regarding streaming after listening to this grou

What do you do for work that gives you so much opportunity to ferret out nuggets like this on Spotify?
I drive around a chemical plant at night checking the psi levels of pipes leading into the acid plant. Im alone all night driving in circles.

I like all kinds of music and love finding hidden bands. I make Playlist all week then when I make soap on my days off I jam out.

Last edited:

Ahhhh Prodigy....you'd never guess that the singer spoke like a lovely momma's boy when off stage LOL When onstage, he expressed himself to the utter maximum, which in itself is beautiful :) When they played, seas, absolute oceans of people moved as one big heaving heartbeat, as a synchronized breath which could be visually seen....it was a thing of absolute beauty ❤️ One of the reasons I still love them so much. People didn't drink much alcohol, if any, when taking in this kind of music, so there was no fighting, no anger...just a group of people coming together as an amazing collective, out in farmers fields, out under the stars, on beaches, you name it....we need to get back to that energy so much.... 😊

Sadly, the majority of people will look at those videos & cringe in horror, not at all understanding what that music was about....it truly was a thing & a time of pure beauty....I very much miss it 😭

Here's a throwback I absolutely LOVE...used to dance a lot to this song when the band I mentioned in the post above would play this as a covertune...and that's when I was told I dance like a stripper 🤣 Ok....sure....I'll take that as a compliment....because why wouldn't I 😂 😆 🤣

I saw Sweet play once! Late 80s. They were a delight!

I have way too much fun on YouTube, and I'm still a huge 80s fan. Of course, I am not forced to listen to it so that makes a difference.

And when I'm feeling .... feelings....it's this.

Smack Laugh.gif
OK. Will this do?

Happy Dance.GIF

Welcome to the internet

Yes! 🤣 Oh my gawd YES! This guy got the lyrics perfectly out together! 💯 :thumbup:

I well remember IRC groups that were 100% uncensored, true groups of REAL people getting together from all over the world, sharing ideas, thoughts, music, socially acceptable or not. Gate keepers making sure that members were legitimate members. Anarchists, hackers & similar groups of people were some of the most interesting, I tell ya :) You didn't even need to participate....so much to learn just reading people's thoughts, experiences & so on.

Latest posts

Back