Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gripe today is more of a sad. The grands had their first day at their new schools yesterday. My grandson had a great day; he's boy #7 in a class of 26 kids. They were thrilled to have another boy in the class. My granddaughter, on the other hand, had a really disappointing day. Not one other student spoke to her or even acknowledged her. She went home in tears. It will get better, but that's a rough start.

That’s so sad. What grade is she in. My oldest had the same problem after we moved, it seems the older the kids the harder it is to break into the groups (most of these kids have been friends since kindergarten). But it will get better for her, just frustrating in the meantime.

Ouch, I was really hoping she was younger. Hopefully she can sign up for school activities, smaller groups working together is usually all the ice breaker they need.

current temp is -18, feels like -47 with windchill. South Dakota is officially closed! Just kidding, although most of our schools and colleges are closed and many businesses have closed. Tomorrow will be a stay home day for me as well. (Soap or Supernatural binge watching? Stay tuned!) Why do I live somewhere that is trying to kill me?
Same reason I do. Alligators, Tarantulas and Hurricanes.

14 year old girls are THE WORST. Your granddaughter is probably beautiful and the other girls were dreading the competition for boys ... which is about all 14 year old girls are concerned about!

(Just my cynical opinion!) o_O
LOL.. yeah, that's what I think. She's a very outgoing, friendly, and non-judgemental young lady. She'll make friends in short time, I'm sure.

To follow up: I spoke to my daughter last night and asked how Trinity is doing. It turns out there's one other girl who has all the same classes Trin has and they started chatting. This girl mentioned that everyone was afraid to start a conversation with her because they thought she was a total badass; she dresses in her own style, she has an industrial piercing, and more. The assumption was that she'd be trouble. OR that she was a snob and a bitch and would become one of the it crowd because her makeup was absolutely flawless and she didn't talk to anyone (she's shy at first).

Trin and this girl discovered that they have a lot in common and are already friends.

@Susie, interesting you say that. She is in a Drama Arts class. They have decided that she will be one of the makeup people because of her skills with makeup. She's thrilled! And I know that will get her friends, too. I'm not worried about her anymore.

14 year old girls are THE WORST. Your granddaughter is probably beautiful and the other girls were dreading the competition for boys ... which is about all 14 year old girls are concerned about!

(Just my cynical opinion!) o_O
She IS beautiful, Meena.... inside and out.
20190120_175329_HDR.jpg

To follow up: I spoke to my daughter last night and asked how Trinity is doing. It turns out there's one other girl who has all the same classes Trin has and they started chatting. This girl mentioned that everyone was afraid to start a conversation with her because they thought she was a total badass; she dresses in her own style, she has an industrial piercing, and more. The assumption was that she'd be trouble. OR that she was a snob and a bitch and would become one of the it crowd because her makeup was absolutely flawless and she didn't talk to anyone (she's shy at first).

Trin and this girl discovered that they have a lot in common and are already friends.

@Susie, interesting you say that. She is in a Drama Arts class. They have decided that she will be one of the makeup people because of her skills with makeup. She's thrilled! And I know that will get her friends, too. I'm not worried about her anymore.

perfect place to insert happy feet happy-feet-penguin.gif

Two gripes right now (speaking of can't find, Lin):

1. I've LOST my ROE that came around a week or two ago (but I did add it to some oils already, at least not a Total disaster!)

2. I can't go back to work tomorrow!! I have to wait for my doctor to come in Tuesday and do the release note because the other docs in her office would Not do it last Friday! So, more lost wages on top of doctor bills that I rarely ever have. The next month could be Very interesting...

I have got to stop procrastinating about going through and shredding junk mail because now I have a whole 3 piles on the counter.

Jeeeez, I ordered KOH 6 days ago and I just got the shipping notice that it's going out today!! OMG, talk about long processing time, Jim! Won't arrive until Feb. 5 now.

So, since shampoo bars are on indefinite hold (maybe permanent hold), all I can make is more bar soap for the next week.
Any chance it was Bramble Berry? They are super slow at shipping! I avoid them st all costs now.

Spelling and punctuation.

The lack of it is a big, daily gripe for me.

And I'm not talking about here on the forum, in case anyone wants to take offense lol.. but if you feel offended, sorry, but not sorry :p

I'm talking about the lack of proper punctuation and misspelled words in formal letters, emails, business correspondence, school papers, etc.. Aargh!

Latest posts

Back