My Daughter is really Sick

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carolyn, I just have no words. You and your family are in my thoughts, and I hope your daughter somehow finds the strength to fight on. This is unbelievably difficult. If it helps in some small way, here's a ((hug)).

She is telling me she cannot go through another surgery and is just tired of her broken body.
I remember when we almost lost my teenage daughter when she survived her 5th suicide attempt. She said, "Mom, I didn't want to die. I just wanted to stop the pain." That's where I think your daughter is at. Whether she believes it or not, she is a survivor (so far) and she has every right to speak her mind at this stage of the game. (She gets that from her "Tell-it-like-it-is" mom.)
I am getting really frightened. I cannot go in to see her so have not gone up there and this sitting home waiting is brutal. I am so Scared...
I've been where you are. The worse part is not having any control over what is happening. Scared or not, your job at this stage is to be there for her. What's the worse that can happen? You don't want her to die alone, do you? She needs you more now than ever. Just "Let go, let God" or whatever you believe is out there, to take over. Speaking from experience, if you surrender to "Thy will, not my will, be done", they will.

🙏
Namasté

Here is the newest update. They ran a MRI last night and the D**n sepsis is back in her sinus but higher than it was. She is telling me she cannot go through another surgery and is just tired of her broken body. I am getting really frightened. I cannot go in to see her so have not gone up there and this sitting home waiting is brutal. I am so Scared...

Prayers. I can understand she is tired of everything. I don’t know what else to say.

Here is the newest update. They ran a MRI last night and the D**n sepsis is back in her sinus but higher than it was. She is telling me she cannot go through another surgery and is just tired of her broken body. I am getting really frightened. I cannot go in to see her so have not gone up there and this sitting home waiting is brutal. I am so Scared...
@cmzaha My heart breaks for you and your daughter. I love my (adult) babies so much. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you both. I don't have advice. Just offering support and hugs from a distance, one momma to another.

She had her surgery yesterday, all I heard from her is they were able to inject the meds and did some additional cleaning out plus restructured the sinus again. I have not heard from her today, so I am kinda on pins and needles waiting to hear if they were at all successful. This is the 3rd or 4th surgery, frankly, I am losing track.

Alison, nope they are really on their own and Autumn is apparently sick. I hope she has not come down with COVID again. I really thank all of you for your prayers. Her doctors are trying very hard.

Well everyone, thank you for all the prayers. After another emergency surgery, surgery #4 to apply a mesh patch over a perforation in the thin membrane that separates and lines the sinus from the temporal lobe area. fortunately, they caught it before any fluid had started leaking. This was only found because the doctor was going to send her home and I did not want her to leave the hospital with a second MRI to know if the Sepsis was gone from the frontal lobe area. This is when they found the perforation and no the Sepsis is much better but not fully cleared up. As the doctor told her it was a good thing I insisted on the MRI, at this point what does another 4k mean? LOL, it cost another 14k in surgery, but she is still alive. After 24 days in the hospital, she is now home but still on IV antibiotic treatment. Her platelets finally got up to 21k, her white count is now normal and her red count is almost normal. They washed her blood 8 times or more in the hospital. I lost count of the times they did the dialysis-type treatments. We are very lucky to still have her, many would not have made it through this level of Sepsis. She is still facing more dental surgeries and mouth restoration.

On another good note, my well is being drilled tomorrow. Now if we can just get our garage and driveway in we can start moving and get the house I have to sell and share with my sister on the market. We do still need flooring in our new house and furniture but some things just might have to wait until my daughter is 100% again. I wanted different countertops but they are just material things that do not matter. I can live with the Formica counters that came with the house. It is new and clean. Just need the floor or LOL, I will paint the plywood and seal them. Area rugs are great and Costco has cheap ones :D:D

As you can see, not much around my property but do have a good view. Getting ready to drill. Water is coming...

Attachments

• Well.jpeg
    Well.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 10684.jpeg
    10684.jpeg
    410.1 KB · Views: 0
This is the most wonderful news. You are an incredible mama bear and I am sure you will see that your daughter continues to heal and get stronger. Now here’s hoping everything goes smoothly with the sale of the house you are in and your long awaited move.

Latest posts

Back