Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
This is a thread to post what ever you are griping about today.
No one has to answer you but it is just nice to Get it off your chest kinda thing.
:)

I will start.

Spring came to us a couple weeks ago with nice weather and sunshine... Now it went on vacation and Winter came back.

My gripe is that I HAVE THINGS TO DO OUTSIDE !!!

My order from Soapers Choice arrived yesterday. The box was damaged. It looked like the UPS delivery person dropped it from some height, it broke and the 7# plastic bottle of coconut oil, fell out onto the concrete, getting "skid marks" on one side and on the bottom. The bottom of the box mysteriously had a clean cut along the tape line to open the flaps. One flap was torn in half.

The contents, four 7# plastic bottles of oils and one 8# box of PKO flakes, were intact, -- 42 pounds shipping weight. The cap to the coconut oil was off the bottle. The seal was intact, but we discovered a small oil stain inside the box, about half way up one side. The rim of the bottle was oily so some oil must have escaped. I confirmed that by taring an empty bottle on my scale in order to weigh the contents. It weighed 6 lbs, 15.2 oz.

It was baffling how UPS could deliver a box that was totally open on the bottom?!

It's a good thing we have a habit of opening the top while the box is on the porch and carrying the heavy bottles inside, one by one. It was only then that we discovered the damaged bottom -- when we picked it up, all four flaps fell open! :eek: I shudder to think if my dear hubby had tried to pick up that box, the contents fell out, and landed on his legs and feet!

We spent most of the morning trying to figure out what might have happened and the afternoon, writing an email to report the incident to Soapers Choice.

What upsets me is that I had to spend a good part of a beautiful Sunday dealing with someone else's negligence! I had other plans. :mad:

Oh goody - a safe play to whine!!

I have 3 missing Amazon packages that were supposedly delivered Friday. Their website said to wait 36 hours because sometimes packages are marked delivered before they are really are. :confused:

Then I spend about 2 hours working their website to find out how to report missing packages: clicked a lot of question and answer boxes only to find none of them apply. Finally got to a chat window where I was told they were "mismarked" and should be delivered in the next 2 days.

Final step? The little pop-up customer service survey that states Amazon wants to be the most customer service oriented company in the world. o_O

Btw, I had 2 gallons of Nutiva coconut oil in those orders! 18 bucks each which is the best price I could find as our closest Big Lots doesn't have the big sizes any more.

I can't seem to narrow down what made my throat and ears itchy. So far, the coffee mate is under suspicion and is presently in the garbage.. Also, Children's Benedryl is very effective with me. Night.

I’m also having shipping issues. I ordered some yarn that was supposed to be delivered on Friday. They sent it UPS which doesn’t deliver to our area and has to be rerouted, I expected an extra day or two. When I checked tracking it says they attempted to deliver on Friday and left a sticky note with further instructions - no note or indication of any attempt. I also ordered magnesium hydroxide on Amazon with expected delivery between Friday and Wednesday. Just got an email from the company that shipped my product saying that my package should have arrived Wednesday, pretty sure that was the day I ordered it and I’m allergic to overnight shipping - Friday would have been the first possible day it could have arrived. Tracking says a delivery attempt was made and a note might have been left with further instructions. Again, no note or indication that an attempt was made.

I haven’t even gotten mail in a few days so I’m sure the post office is just marking things right now and just not making it to my street. No snow this past week. It’s unseasonally warm out. The streets are actually ice free for the first time in a month. I don’t know if it’s an unusually heavy delivery week and the mail person is over loaded (they use a Toyota sedan instead of mail truck) or if something else is going on.

I have 3 missing Amazon packages that were supposedly delivered Friday. Their website said to wait 36 hours because sometimes packages are marked delivered before they are really are. :confused:

Then I spend about 2 hours working their website to find out how to report missing packages: clicked a lot of question and answer boxes only to find none of them apply. Finally got to a chat window where I was told they were "mismarked" and should be delivered in the next 2 days.
lenerenee, save yourself the aggravation. Isn't it cute (not cute!) how so many businesses make it close to impossible to find contact information easily? Oh yes, it's somewhere on their website, but you have to jump through hoops to find it. Just google a contact number and talk to a human. The number for Amazon is 1 (888) 280-4331. I figure if the problem is on their end, they should do the work to solve it...not me. :D

It snowed last night, yeah only an inch but the radio this morning I had that a foot may come Wed/Thursday .......... I hope they were talking about the mountains :eek:

One trick I learned about UPS, if you ever get to talk to the normal delivery guy smile, make his drop easier. I always have my address as saying in the carport. This makes it a short walk for him and it will not get rained on plus there is a 2.5' fence he has to step over to get to the porch. I ordered a few things and walked out to see him, told him that I get a few things here and there and he can just leave it in the carport to make it easier for him. I think he appreciated it :)

I had a big show on Saturday (went very well) so today i need to go to set up my booth on market, with new decorations . It is about 3 hours job :( very cold outside is going to be cold in the building (they do not put heat on on weekdays)
Then I am going to make some bath bombs and jelly soap :)

Final step? The little pop-up customer service survey that states Amazon wants to be the most customer service oriented company in the world. o_O

Btw, I had 2 gallons of Nutiva coconut oil in those orders! 18 bucks each which is the best price I could find as our closest Big Lots doesn't have the big sizes any more.
I've been noticing a HUGE uptick in the orders claiming they shipped within 24 hours of me ordering, and then a day later I get a "revision" of the delivery date. I suspect it's so companies can claim they "ship all orders within X time" even though they really don't. UPS marks it as shipped when you make the label if you don't change the dropdown date...so a program making the labels as soon as an order comes in would explain this issue!

lenerenee, save yourself the aggravation. Isn't it cute (not cute!) how so many businesses make it close to impossible to find contact information easily? Oh yes, it's somewhere on their website, but you have to jump through hoops to find it. Just google a contact number and talk to a human. The number for Amazon is 1 (888) 280-4331. I figure if the problem is on their end, they should do the work to solve it...not me. :D

Wow! You have an actual phone number!
I absolutely agree! They have my money, they made a promise on the 2 day shipping, their website told me the packages were there.....But then they make me waste my time trying to find a way to communicate that they LIED about delivery (3 different orders, 3 different packages? Come on! The odds of 3 identical mistakes on the same day is ridiculous. Someone lied about the delivery)

I think I'll pass the number around the neighborhood!

I can't seem to narrow down what made my throat and ears itchy. So far, the coffee mate is under suspicion and is presently in the garbage.. Also, Children's Benedryl is very effective with me. Night.

That definitely sounds like some type of allergy. Those itchy ears can drive a person nuts too!

Snowing like crazy and I have doctor's appointment, I left car outside and now is completely covered

Back