Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gripe is my husband. He works with the public and has been verbally assaulted on several occasions. Because we're Black the "N word" often cones up. Today was no exception. So what does he do? He comes home and tries several times to a argument with me for no reason! ....I was having a good day until he came home in a sour mood.
You're probably not going to like this, Soap Addict, but my thinking is, it's all part of living together ... if you can't vent at home, in your own house, where can you? Better to let it out than squelch it! The Mr. and I had names for each other during those times. I called him "Old Grumblebutt" and he called me "Mrs. Crankypants". Stop feeling sorry for yourself and find a way to work through these times in a way that makes you laugh.

My gripe is my husband. He works with the public and has been verbally assaulted on several occasions. Because we're Black the "N word" often cones up. Today was no exception. So what does he do? He comes home and tries several times to a argument with me for no reason! I almost gave in but since you can't argue by yourself, I told him I wasn't the reason for his bad day, I didn't deserve his attitude & I wasn't going to argue with him. He apologized but I'm still upset. This happens every time he has a really foul day at work. I was having a good day until he came home in a sour mood.

There is nothing quite like the general public. I am legally disabled, sometimes it is obvious when I walk, sometimes it is not. Sometimes I I get the well meaninged verbally attacking me for parking in a handicapped spot, sometimes I have to deal with pity or abuse because I am different. I look at those people and say; "I'm sorry you are also disabled" they usually sputter and go on the defensive... my rebuttall to that is always; "perhaps, but your attitude most certainly is"... ;-)

well, there is this starting
sandbags.jpg
Because of this
river.jpg

Oh, dear! Our rivers are so high, and I didn't even see the worst of it because I was in Texas for the worst of it. But that looks scary, msunnerstood!
My Mom lives next to the Mississippi River where the river photo was taken and they have stopped the trains on the tracks between her apt and the river. Our plan is to go get her and bring her here if the river reaches the tracks. We are just 6 miles east of her but over the hills so its safer here.

My Mom lives next to the Mississippi River where the river photo was taken and they have stopped the trains on the tracks between her apt and the river. Our plan is to go get her and bring her here if the river reaches the tracks. We are just 6 miles east of her but over the hills so its safer here.
I've already been watching the creeks here because it's gone from sub double digits to plus double digits in a very short time. We're in no danger here but the last few years there has been, first, flooding and then fires.

Stay safe!

@msunnerstood I feel the pain! We have a river that cuts through the west side of town (the side I work on), this morning the only road that is not closed due to flooding is the main highway, but they have 4 lanes closed down to 2 lanes. My 7 minute commute just expanded to 27 minutes because I have to go south to go north again. Ugh ugh ugh. On the plus side, hubby got the snow cleared away from the corner of the house that leaks into the soap dungeon so I don't have flooding in there!

I need to take a drive by the mighty Mississippi--I haven't for awhile even though I am only 1/2 mile from it. I love the power of it. not a good time of year for flooding though. it bites that it is so disruptive. the Sauk River flash flooded out a restaurant full of people here too.

My 13 year old son left a smoothie cup in his room and managed to raise a fruit fly farm in his room! These little boogers are hard to get rid of! I made a trap with a red solo cup, apple cider vinegar and press and seal plastic wrap with holes punched in it. Wish me luck!!

@msunnerstood I feel the pain! We have a river that cuts through the west side of town (the side I work on), this morning the only road that is not closed due to flooding is the main highway, but they have 4 lanes closed down to 2 lanes. My 7 minute commute just expanded to 27 minutes because I have to go south to go north again. Ugh ugh ugh. On the plus side, hubby got the snow cleared away from the corner of the house that leaks into the soap dungeon so I don't have flooding in there!
I read about the flooding there too. Its been quite a year for it. The creek next to our house so far hasnt flooding but the waters moving fast. Fingers crossed for all of us.

I need to take a drive by the mighty Mississippi--I haven't for awhile even though I am only 1/2 mile from it. I love the power of it. not a good time of year for flooding though. it bites that it is so disruptive. the Sauk River flash flooded out a restaurant full of people here too.
I totally missed you were from MN! Thats where I lived up till June of last year. The Mississippi is misbehaving this year. They are sand bagging in Wabasha MN, Lake City MN and Fountain City WI. Between Fountain City and My house, a ton of roads are closed and under water

My 13 year old son left a smoothie cup in his room and managed to raise a fruit fly farm in his room! These little boogers are hard to get rid of! I made a trap with a red solo cup, apple cider vinegar and press and seal plastic wrap with holes punched in it. Wish me luck!!
I vacuum them things up (I had 3 boys and a girl, I get how it happens) Im just not patient enough for the traps

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally missed you were from MN! Thats where I lived up till June of last year. The Mississippi is misbehaving this year. They are sand bagging in Wabasha MN, Lake City MN and Fountain City WI. Between Fountain City and My house, a ton of roads are closed and under water

where in mn did you live?

Yes, it's flooded some streets and even the parking lot of a ball park over the river from us. We went to the Figge Museum yesterday on the and got a remarkable view of the flooding from the windows facing the river. Of course, driving to get there, we saw a lot of river flooding, too. The Rock River and all the other rivers here-abouts are all quite high and will rise again this week-end we are told.

Yup.. vinegar and dish soap, saran wrap the top and poke some holes in it.. it traps the buggars!!!!

I am having a girls night tomorrow night at a friends house. Hot tub, margaritas, salsa, chicken fajita's...sleeping over at her house, pj partaaay!!!! soooo looking forward to it as it is a get away from everything!!! Guess who wakes up with a sore throat, sore glands and a voice that sounds like I could have my own 1-900 number??? Yup..... ME!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrr....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup.. vinegar and dish soap, saran wrap the top and poke some holes in it.. it traps the buggars!!!!

I am having a girls night tomorrow night at a friends house. Hot tub, margaritas, salsa, chicken fajita's...sleeping over at her house, pj partaaay!!!! soooo looking forward to it as it is a get away from everything!!! Guess who wakes up with a sore throat, sore glands and a voice that sounds like I could have my own 1-900 number??? Yup..... ME!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrr....

bummer--feel better. the sleep over sounds like fun!!!

Oh noooooooo!!! That's horrible! Power through and just know that when the margaritas kick in, you'll feel much better! Sounds like my kind of party!

Latest posts

Back