Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use just a tablespoon of citric acid. Just enough to fill the dispenser cup. I used to use Lemmi Shine until I started researching making ny own household cleaners and discovered how inexpensive it is to make your own. I looked up Lemmi Shine on their website and Lemmi Shine is just pure citric acid at anout three times the cost. Lemmi Shine is very effective but very expensive. I just paid $4.00 for 14 poinds f ciitric acid. No brainer.

A 50/50 mixture of citric acid and bakins soda slowly dampened with hydrogen peroxide and hardened in an ice cube tray makes very effective fizzy toilet ckeaners, too.

Gripe ... it is going to Snow .. again Sat, then AGAIN Monday.
Umm hello Winter is suppose to be over now.
Thanks global warming for moving my Winter from Dec-Feb to Feb- ??

@shunt2011 Maybe try and see if they have an easier job that you can sail along with till you want to retire ?
Be grateful you are not in Upstate New York where you can’t even plan on planting u til after Memorial Day! If you have a good book to read, the weather won’t matter.

My gripe is a co-worker who keeps asking me if my soap is "shea butter soap" and if I sell shea butter. I'm not sure what "shea butter soap" is. I've told her SEVERAL times that my soap contains 8% organic shea butter and I don't sell containers of African shea butter. They sell those in the beauty supply shops. She can get them almost anywhere! I'm considering buying some shea butter mp base or creating a recipe using the maximum amount of shea (I think that's 15%) and making her a few bars so she'll stop asking me for shea butter soap.

My gripe is a co-worker who keeps asking me if my soap is "shea butter soap" and if I sell shea butter. I'm not sure what "shea butter soap" is. I've told her SEVERAL times that my soap contains 8% organic shea butter and I don't sell containers of African shea butter. They sell those in the beauty supply shops. She can get them almost anywhere! I'm considering buying some shea butter mp base or creating a recipe using the maximum amount of shea (I think that's 15%) and making her a few bars so she'll stop asking me for shea butter soap.
Maybe she means a soap that has a lot of shea? Lol The Body Shop, Olay and Dove all have "shea butter beauty bar/soap" and maybe she got the idea from something like that?

Here's a local one that's also labeled as shea butter soap
_20190307_213143.JPG

Gripe: headache all day ugh.. And on the night the baby slept early and I could have made soap.

I use just a tablespoon of citric acid. Just enough to fill the dispenser cup. I used to use Lemmi Shine until I started researching making ny own household cleaners and discovered how inexpensive it is to make your own. I looked up Lemmi Shine on their website and Lemmi Shine is just pure citric acid at anout three times the cost. Lemmi Shine is very effective but very expensive. I just paid $4.00 for 14 poinds f ciitric acid. No brainer.
Thank you!!!!!!

Gripe.
New office job has overhead vents for heat/ac. At about 10 - 10:40 someone must be smoking near the outside intake vents..... it comes through the inside vents and STINKS !!!!!!!

I just sent an email to my boss... in the same room... I bet she hates me right about now lol.

When i find out who owns/manages the office building I will be sending an email or call.
It gives me a headache

Cancer sucks. My Husbands aunt, the women who stood by my side and gave me the strength to fight doctors and even his own mother so I could live up to his wishes as he lay in the ICU near death for 16 weeks, who carried a gene that predisposed her to cancer, that fought uterine cancer and won, that fought brain cancer and won, was diagnosed two weeks ago with lung cancer (She never smoked) and was given 6 months to live.Passed away just 3 hours ago.

Cancer sucks. My Husbands aunt, the women who stood by my side and gave me the strength to fight doctors and even his own mother so I could live up to his wishes as he lay in the ICU near death for 16 weeks, who carried a gene that predisposed her to cancer, that fought uterine cancer and won, that fought brain cancer and won, was diagnosed two weeks ago with lung cancer (She never smoked) and was given 6 months to live.Passed away just 3 hours ago.
Condolences...

I know nothing I say will ease the pain but I'd like to think it was better for her this way. I know someone who suffered too long with lung cancer. It sucks big time.

Sending out hugs and good vibes.. Will say a prayer for her.

I am so sorry for your loss to this @#%$ awful disease--she sounds like she was an amazing woman. Cancer sucks!!!!!

My sincerest condolences. It is a horrible disease.

Condolences...

I know nothing I say will ease the pain but I'd like to think it was better for her this way. I know someone who suffered too long with lung cancer. It sucks big time.

Sending out hugs and good vibes.. Will say a prayer for her.
How lucky you were to have her in your life. It is so hard to lose someone important to you. I am so very sorry for your loss.

My gripe is my husband. He works with the public and has been verbally assaulted on several occasions. Because we're Black the "N word" often cones up. Today was no exception. So what does he do? He comes home and tries several times to a argument with me for no reason! I almost gave in but since you can't argue by yourself, I told him I wasn't the reason for his bad day, I didn't deserve his attitude & I wasn't going to argue with him. He apologized but I'm still upset. This happens every time he has a really foul day at work. I was having a good day until he came home in a sour mood.

Cancer sucks. My Husbands aunt was diagnosed two weeks ago with lung cancer (She never smoked) and was given 6 months to live.Passed away just 3 hours ago.

So sorry! Weird coincidence with an opposite feature to it: My mother, who also never smoked, also got lung cancer. She also was given 6 months to live, but lasted for a year and a half. It was no blessing at all, she suffered so much, and was used for experimental cancer drugs without our permission or knowledge. She lost almost all her hair and looked like a pregnant sparrow before she transitioned, all bones with a big bump in front kind of like a baby bump. The worst part was how dazed she seemed , couldn't speak, needed 2 sisters to take her to the bathroom, and how it appeared she didn't know what was happening to her and was alarmed by it. I'll never forget her confused expression. It was so awful, and I was only 25 when we lost her -- married, and living 1700 miles away. My dad stayed at the family house alone and had to keep working past retirement for the health insurance, while mom was in the care of 2 sisters who didn't work outside the home.

I tell this story so that maybe it's a kind of silver lining to your cloud.

Sending my condolences to you and your family.

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss.
You and your family are in my thoughts.

My gripe is my husband. He works with the public and has been verbally assaulted on several occasions. Because we're Black the "N word" often cones up. Today was no exception. So what does he do? He comes home and tries several times to a argument with me for no reason! I almost gave in but since you can't argue by yourself, I told him I wasn't the reason for his bad day, I didn't deserve his attitude & I wasn't going to argue with him. He apologized but I'm still upset. This happens every time he has a really foul day at work. I was having a good day until he came home in a sour mood.
Unexceptable that your husband is spoken to like that. Equally unacceptable that he takes it out on you. Glad to see you stood up for yourself. Sometimes I don't think men even realize some of the stuff they do that hurts us. There are some days I am glad I am happily divorced. I don't miss that stuff.

Back