Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see things worked out.

But for anyone with kids in the same position - pack them half a dozen really good cookies or large brownies in their lunch. They can share some joy and start breaking ground.

When the boys were younger and someone started to hassle or pick on them - I issued an invitation to come over to play. We make cookies or pizza or some kid friendly food and then let them play video games. It always worked to be pro-active before a history of bad feelings and fear had time to develop. (I'm sure there will always be one exception somewhere though)

Gripe cant sleep again past 4am a few yawns and thats all crazy because i went the gym yesterday and that usually sends me to sleep earlier than usual but not tonight. Going to put some verve, richard ashcroft or john mayor on my phine because my pc seems to have decided it wants nothing to do with my monitor

I got my lye today abit peeved off that i didnt notice they also sell metal votive molds and wick pins for quite alot cheaper than i last bought them for a while back but with postage it goes up but if i had noticed this before ordering lye i could of spread the postage cost but oh well dont need them really unless i start selling my candles in which case i can always buy more to make it worth while.

GRIPE, You shovel the driveway 2 times AFTER the plows look like they are gone. Wake up in the morning to find they came by again and there are Chunks that were wet and now hard
:( I never win that battle.

Spelling and punctuation.

The lack of it is a big, daily gripe for me.

And I'm not talking about here on the forum, in case anyone wants to take offense lol.. but if you feel offended, sorry, but not sorry :p

I'm talking about the lack of proper punctuation and misspelled words in formal letters, emails, business correspondence, school papers, etc.. Aargh!
I am SO with you on this one. My daughter considers me the grammar police; we laugh about it often. It drives me crazy, though, when someone who is N. American educated, including a 4-year university degree, cannot differentiate between it's and its or there, their, and they're.... and, when it's pointed out, simply shrugs her shoulders and says, "You know what I mean." (I'm speaking of one of my nieces, incidentally.)

I am SO with you on this one. My daughter considers me the grammar police; we laugh about it often. It drives me crazy, though, when someone who is N. American educated, including a 4-year university degree, cannot differentiate between it's and its or there, their, and they're.... and, when it's pointed out, simply shrugs her shoulders and says, "You know what I mean." (I'm speaking of one of my nieces, incidentally.)

Do not forget “your” and “you’re”.
I third this. I studied literature, i cant stand those mistakes SPECIALLY if they come from publicity cause that is what people read. And lets not talk about publicity that comes from the government. How can they just not hire someone who knows how to spell?

When I'm cooking dinner (which is always), and no one is ready to eat at the scheduled time. Especially, after I make SEVERAL announcements about using the restroom, washing hands, dinner in 10 minutes etc, etc.

When I say dinner will be served at 6pm, then you better make like a 5am marine at boot camp and get your sorry excuse for a bleepity bleeping bleeper in that chair by 6 pm!! If not, we'll be having a face to face. Actually, I'd probably just keep it all inside and tell my therapist later but you get the point.

Thx, rant over.

And another thing, sit up straight, hats off, phones out of sight, TV off, elbows off the table, and stop chewing like a farm animal.

Last edited:
10” of snow last night. 31F forecasted for tomorrow. 17F forecasted for Friday. At least my husband stayed home to get the driveway done (not that he had much of a choice, I took his truck last night and my sedan doesn’t have 4 wheel drive)

Hope you feel better sooner @Misschief! Don't go policing for now lol we'll take it up again when you're better :)

@Kurt I feel the same about my teenager! It's a daily struggle with my inner demon to not turn berserker on him lol

Double ear infection again. I'm trying to work through it but I'm so dizzy and lethargic. I want to go home to bed!

Double ear infection again. I'm trying to work through it but I'm so dizzy and lethargic. I want to go home to bed!
I am so sorry to hear about your double ear infection, amd. I do hope you are being treated with anti-biotics. One of my ears sustained hearing loss as a child, which was the result of multiple ear infections in that ear. The pain alone, however is pretty darn unbearable, maybe more so as we get older.

Thanks @earlene I've been on antibiotics since Monday, I'm just a tough customer. I had damage to one ear which has made me vulnerable to ear infections ever since - I get them 3-4x a year. Add to that fact that I have really thick mucus - my ENT told me that I have the thickest mucus he's ever seen, and then he met my son who inherited that lovely thick mucus gene... It's not uncommon for me to have to do a round or two of antibiotics to get it to clear up.

@Misschief we should find some good nurses to take care of us!

Thanks @earlene I've been on antibiotics since Monday, I'm just a tough customer. I had damage to one ear which has made me vulnerable to ear infections ever since - I get them 3-4x a year. Add to that fact that I have really thick mucus - my ENT told me that I have the thickest mucus he's ever seen, and then he met my son who inherited that lovely thick mucus gene... It's not uncommon for me to have to do a round or two of antibiotics to get it to clear up.

@Misschief we should find some good nurses to take care of us!
No kidding! I think I've turned the corner. I've been in bed ALL day today, running a fever. Just got up a few minutes ago and my temp is back to normal.

They have those flushes for ear wax. Not sure it that would help at all, maybe with some natural anti-fungal herb liquid?

Hope you guys feel better !

Major gripe... I've now had this cold/flu for almost 2 weeks and it's nowhere near breaking. My head feels like it did on day one, still stuffed, still have a tight cough that's not loosening up. I was off work for one full week and have only been to work half a day this week. I can't afford this.

AND

John (DH) now has it, too. And he's keeping me awake at night with his coughing. At least, he's coughing.

AND

I now have an abscessed tooth. Will this EVER get better?

Latest posts

Back