Casting the Gauntlet of Challenge!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drove a tourbus down to the French Quarters....those tourists were covered in beads and drunker than skunks when they got back on that bus! LOL!

Last edited:
Pffffft....Canada is not *that* far away. Just a little north :lol:

It's ok, I have lots of ideas...it's just translating those ideas may take a bit :)

I'd love to participate as long as the 3-month rule isn't in place for this :) I just started here a couple of weeks ago.

It may be that the pajama bottoms distracted you, but I think Gryffonmoon may me a maybe as well :)

I'm in! So what are we doing? ;)

Hahaha, just kidding, i get it. I already have an idea! :D

Last edited:
I JUST made a purple, gold and blue soap last night. Would have been perfect since the colors look like Mardi Gras beads. Now I'll need to come up with something else.

Is it cheating if I have already made a mardi gras soap and I am almost sold out?

My soap is called 'Carnival in New Orleans'. I did take a picture of a few bars after I made it. Carnival starts Jan 6 (this Sunday) and ends at midnight Mardi gras. This year this is February 13.

If this is only about sharing the picture I can participate, as long as you are OK with the fact that the soap is already cured and almost sold out.

I have family in New Orleans so i always make a Mardi Gras soap for the holidays. Carnival starts on the 12th day of Christmas (Epiphany) so this is the holiday connection. The swap participants for the holiday swap got one of my 'Carnival in New orleans' soap.

Is it cheating if I have already made a mardi gras soap and I am almost sold out?

My soap is called 'Carnival in New Orleans'. I did take a picture of a few bars after I made it. Carnival starts Jan 6 (this Sunday) and ends at midnight Mardi gras. This year this is February 13.

If this is only about sharing the picture I can participate, as long as you are OK with the fact that the soap is already cured and almost sold out.

I have family in New Orleans so i always make a Mardi Gras soap for the holidays. Carnival starts on the 12th day of Christmas (Epiphany) so this is the holiday connection. The swap participants for the holiday swap got one of my 'Carnival in New orleans' soap.

There are no rules here, so it' sup to you. You can hold the picture and share it on the 20th, post it now to provide some inspiration to the rest of us, or post it now and make a new one for our "show and tell." And you are right. My family is from Mobile (ahem...the true home of Mardi Gras) and we were just discussing over Christmas how EARLY Mardi Gras, and thus, Easter is this year. I'm adding you to the list.

Is that it on your FB cover? It certainly could be confetti, and it's beautiful.

I feel behind already!!! Not just cause green soap's is already made - y'all seem to know so much about Mardi Gras! The only thing I know is that my son got arrested there one year because one of the guys he was with had too much to drink . . . couldn't find a bathroom . . . and there was this alley handy . . .

Yep, I'm going to have to research as well!

And I say let's all make our soap while we're in our pajamas (that's how I make most of mine now anyway!)!!!

Back