Tilted Tiger Stripe Challenge Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good on you, Neeners! Yay!

I know! I'm such a b**ch! At least I owned up to it.

Well, that makes two of us then, coz I just had to tease you. :lol:

And there's nothing to "own up to", you silly goose. LOL It's all good and as it should be, so don't you worry your pretty little head over it one more second, ya hear me? :D

I found your post btw and I am lovin' it!! :clap: I tried to put in my two cents and I can't wait to see what happens next as people add new posts and expand or modify earlier ideas and more and more ideas and lightbulbs moments go off and what it all will end with! It's a great post! :D

Ha! That reminds me of a one-liner I read not long ago that goes something like this:

"I know the voices in my head aren't real, but they come up with some great ideas sometimes!" LOL

ya....I'm formulating what colours and scents I want to do with my tilted tiger swirl. my selection is limited, which could be why I'm having a hard time deciding.....

A....MA......ZING! I'm absolutely in love with that soap!!!!!! I don't know if I will be so talented ever!!!!! Or even if I will have the patience to make a soap like that. ...... AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!

i forgot to mentions, the surface looks really really smooth! i love it! did you cotton polish them, Tienne?

A....MA......ZING! I'm absolutely in love with that soap!!!!!! I don't know if I will be so talented ever!!!!! Or even if I will have the patience to make a soap like that. ...... AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!

Aww, thank you so much, Khanjari! That was so sweet of you to say. This is my first try at making a tilted tiger and in all honesty, the technique really doesn't require much talent at all. It's really easy to do. I am more than certain that you can do it, too. Give it a try! :)

i forgot to mentions, the surface looks really really smooth! i love it! did you cotton polish them, Tienne?

Oh yeah, you betcha! :D I wipe down all my soaps as a rule. I love the way it cleans up the edges and smooths things down. I had cut this soap after maybe 10 hours (way too soon as usual LOL) so it was mega soft and got riddled with DDMs, but a wipe down pretty much took care of those, too. My trusty little t-shirt rag is my most favourite soaping tool ever! :D

Oh, there was something else about this soap I forgot to tell y'all. (Just in case someone uses the same micas.) Right after cutting, the Starlight Green mica stripes were a very light grey, barely distinguishable from the white, but the next day the stripes had darkened up to what is shown in the pics and now the stripes have matured even more, so now the green is just what I hoped it would be. I just wanted to throw that out there in case someone else uses that mica one day and gets disappointed in the colour. It will darken up and become the luscious olive green it's supposed to be after a few days. :)

Speaking of which, I was just on the The Conservatorie yesterday and they have removed any and all mention of whether or not the micas are colour stable in soap or not from the descriptions! I kid you not! Totally aghast, I wrote to them and asked them about it and they replied that someone had complained that some micas were not stable when they were supposed to be and so, as a consequence, they have decided to remove all that info from the site. So, that's why I just wanted to mention that about the Starlight Green. Our own experiences with their micas and the sharing with each other of how they act is pretty much all we have to go on now! The Conservatorie was my favourite mica pusher and I totally feel like I am shopping blind when I go there to get a mica fix now. So sad. :(

Last edited:
You swiped my idea? I'm absolutely devastated, Newbie! How could you?? Hahaha, just kidding. That's exactly what I wished for! I'm totally stoked and thrilled that someone else thinks it's a fun idea, too! Now, I'm off to find your thread. Oooh, so exciting! :D

You realize if you see the thread you have to make the soap .. wasn't that YOUR rule Tienne???

Nope! :lol: The rule is, that if you ask to have a soaping secret revealed unto you, then, as a rite of passage for thereby having become a newly initiated and informed keeper of that ancient soaping knowledge, which could include wisdom passed down from the Elders or from previously initiated and enlightened keepers of the Soapy Grail... (or maybe just a link to a youtube tutorial LOL) THEN you are obliged to honour the gift that was given unto you and the trust that was placed in you by practicing, making and mastering the technique in question, so that you can preserve it and pass it on safely to future generations! (Just bookmark the link to the youtube and you're good. LOL) Okay then! Since it's Newbie who's seeking the secret to the soap in question on that thread, then it is Newbie who is obliged to make it, if and when the secret is revealed unto her!! Seeing that that indeed is Newbie's intention, then Newbie is fully honouring her obligations! .... and God in His Heaven, smiles. :D

And besides.... I don't have any franky-myhrr FO :lol:

Last edited:
I think this idea of regular challenges is great! I would definitely participate and it's a great way to expand our creative and technical repertoire. Any way we could make it it's own board or sticky?

Dear god, I have no idea I had stumbled into such an ancient rite! I can't say the gods have smiled on me yet, though, nor that I have been blessed with any knowledge of exquisite techniques. That's a bummer!

The Conservatorie has to get a backbone! To take off the information instead of just correcting it or making adjustments is cruel.

I'd love a challenge. I don't need to win anything, just to have someone push me into trying something new (and free participation is always good)

Okay Tienne, I'm going to attempt my tilted tiger swirl tomorrow. In honor of St. Patrick's Day I'm going to use this color palate from Design Seeds and use a lime/spearmint eo blend. Wish me luck:)

image.jpg

Okay Tienne, I'm going to attempt my tilted tiger swirl tomorrow. In honor of St. Patrick's Day I'm going to use this color palate from Design Seeds and use a lime/spearmint eo blend. Wish me luck:)

Ohh, that will be so pretty! Good luck!

Wish you GOOD LUCK AnnaMarie!!! Please post pictures, I loved this soap..... I love never tried CP but I appreciate this one soooooo much

What wonderful colours, Anna Marie! I am particularly partial to those greens and I when I do soaps, I struggle to NOT use greens every chance I get. LOL I'm so excited to see what you create! I'm going to try to make more of a Spring/Summer version today. GOOD LUCK and rock on, Sister! :D

I'd love a challenge. I don't need to win anything, just to have someone push me into trying something new (and free participation is always good)

i sent a pm to 2 mods but havent got a reply yet. i dont see why they should mind though. nyways, since we already got something going here we should continue. it'll become a regular at the end :)

yay! I'm still figuring out colours and scent blends for mine. I have such limited availabilities on what I can do with colour and scents..... anyway, keep the ideas coming, and i'll keep wracking my brain!

Seven, it's of course best to make sure the mods don't disapprove, but seeing that no money is changing hands, and no harm is being done to the reputation of the forum, I don't see why there should be a problem with challenging each other to make more wonderful soaps. Besides honing our skills and broadening our horizons, another side effect is that we get to see many, many more pictures of soap!! No true soaper in their right mind can ever disapprove of THAT!! :lol:

I made my attempt....but my batter got thick. :( let's hope it looks ok when it's unmolded and cut tmr. aahhh....the wait is always torture!!! :-x

Latest posts

Back