sticky Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charisco

Reaction score
I have been making soap for two years and have never had this happen!! I had a huge order for my basic soap recipe with honey added and a specific fragrance oil...After 6 weeks of curing the soap still has a slight sticky feel!! Is this a problem??? Why would this have happened?

What is the recipe, process and the curing situation? That will help identify the "why"

As to whether or not it is a problem, only your customer can answer that - but if it is not like your regular soap (which they know and so based the order on that) then they might not be overly happy with something that doesn't match what they wanted.

What Effy said. If it's not of your typical quality I certainly wouldn't sell it to a customer. I would check your recipe as there could have been an error somewhere. Have you zap tested it? After 6 weeks it certainly shouldn't be sticky if made correctly and cured properly in the right conditions.

Latest posts

Back