question on PVC pipe...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I just sell here and there. A good friend of mine is an artist and ceramist, if that is the correct word, and he has a studio show each year so I have shown some of my pieces there. I just work out of my garage so I don't make as much as I would like to. I got some tiles once from a tile factory here and put a glaze on them and fired them. Didn't know anything about high fire and low fire. The glaze was high fire and the tiles were a low fire clay. It didn't work out well.

:lol: We all make mistakes in the beginning. Isn't it such a joy to make something that can never be replicated? k

My artist friend has a son who was into pottery, tiles and clay art work. We became good friends also. I made some things for him and was complaining about some trivial mistake that I had made in one of the pieces. He told me "Jim embrace the defects".
Jim

I tell my pottery/clay students to keep all their pieces, especially the first pieces. Down the road, you come to enjoy them more than the pieces you do with experience under your belt.

Guess I haven't experienced that yet. I look at the pieces I made for David (my artist friends son) I think "Holy cow I sure made that wrong". But then I guess for a first time piece it is OK.
Jim

There is no wrong in original creations. My main course of studies during college was Raku. The Japanese have a much different mindset about clay art. Study up on their ideas and their ware and it will make you see things differently I believe. :wink: Good luck and most of all, enjoy the process and the finished piece. k

Back