Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UGH ordered delivery for lunch - #1 - they took forever, #2 - they brought the complete wrong order, so now I have nothing to eat for lunch and have to wait probably another hour for it to be fixed.

I did however, get a voucher for a free meal to use in the next 90 days. So there's that. Although, I'll have to use it within the next 2 weeks because we are moving offices to a completely different area of the state, and I wont' be able to use the voucher after that. HMPFH

@msunnerstood I so feel for you with Migraines. :( Usually the only thing that helps me when they get as bad as you describe (and yes described to a T as to how I get them) is to get physically sick to my stomach and that will help ease it a bit.

When I was younger I used to make myself throw up and they would ease. The other day, throwing up happened all by itself but to no avail.
Sorry you get them but its good to know someone else gets them like me. Sometimes people look at me like im nuts when I tell them how they are for me.

Migraine -
44 years of this gift and not a working medication in sight.
My heart goes out to you, @msunnerstood. I can't even imagine what that must be like.
My car got stolen Tuesday at 3am. ... its only just really hit me of the realitiy of not having any transport and the best car iv ever owned being stolen like that just feeling so down
That's really tough! I'd feel down too, Chris. I wish you could remember or think of something that might help to catch those guys. Too bad there weren't a few bees in the car to sting them all over!!!
But I got it done with minimal cursing...
Hahaha Good for you! :thumbs:

Last edited:
sorry to ear that--I would be totally creeped knowing they were messing around like that and you slept through it. maybe the bee stings wore you out--weren't you wearing gloves?

Yes i was wearing gloves but only nitrile gloves so not that thick really i dont like wearing thicker gloves because i dont feel like i am quite as sensitive to were the bees are. Leather gloves are highly discouraged by the club im part of for this very reason well and because of potential to transfer diseases! Got stung on ankle too when i stupidly moved the new hive without wellies on and as it was dark i didnt see any bees near my feet so didnt know to move her along :(
Hands are alot better today and really its the itching and swelling that have caused the problem dont really hurt. In all the inspections in my hive last year i never ever got stung was only when i went in to sort them for winter that i got my first ever sting! But i got it all sorted but got to wait like 3 weeks before first inspection on either because one had no queen but 4 queen cells capped and the other has a virgin queen but absolutly not drawn comb because the church bought an incompatible hive so couldnt donate any of my brood frames to the new hive!

Yes absolutly its a horrible thought that they would do that but i cant say i am surprised as why would they care about privacy, yes i came in exhausted and just shut front door and collapsed on sofa and fell asleep and normally i take my keys into front room with me its rare they get left on stairs like they were that night. I reckon it was stolen to order it was only about 3k pounds but they arnt particually common cars and they would make a good and fast getaway car apart from egr valve is faulty and it has literally no boost from turbo when you hit 85-90mph not that i do that kinda speed often it was very very easy to do that without noticing because the acceleration was rapid mid range you could be doing 90 before you even realised lol but im sure they have figured that out by now or will do soon enough hopefully when police are behind them in a chase lol karma in its plainest form! I ended up in tears on the phone to the house insurence people when it hit me there was a lovely christmas of my little niece on the keyring it can be replaced but its the fact that such scum bags have seen such a personal item as that. My niece is one of the most important people ever to come into my life and always will be and that along with probably everything else that can identify it as my car will likely just get dumped :( am gutted the cars gone but that can be replaced just hope they give me a good offer for a payout

@earlene thank you for your kind words. Unfortuatly i live on a lovely and normally quiet street but theres 3 really rough estates like the worst estates in the entire town just on other side of main road from me so there plenty of wrongens about. I mentioned the car theft to the fella who has helped setup all the beehive at the church he called it his pet project and he said as a little gift and thank you for helping with the project he has ordered me a replacement smoker as mine was in car. That made me cry but because it made me happy not sad. Lovely gesture and iv not even met him yet!

Last edited:
on the keyring

were your house keys on that ring? if so you better change your locks!!

I wear leather gloves with no issues other than they are loose at the wrist and they get around my wrists like that and that is where I normally get stung. I doubt you would be spreading disease unless you are going into other peoples hives--I usually wash mine at the end of the year or if I get a lot of propolis on them. the main bee to really be careful for is the queen, otherwise (while I don't necasarilly like it) sometimes one or two gets squished but that usually sets them off on a stinging spree--but it is usually when I am trying to get the boxes set back in place and some just don't seem to understand they need to move. I usually don't feel anything but the initial hit until like 8 hours later and then it heats up and swells up and starts itching like crazy!!!! I had one a couple years ago that hit real hard on my leg and I actually had a black and blue mark around 6 inches around--I was wearing capris like a dummy. they were particularly vicious that year.

were your house keys on that ring? if so you better change your locks!!

I wear leather gloves with no issues other than they are loose at the wrist and they get around my wrists like that and that is where I normally get stung. I doubt you would be spreading disease unless you are going into other peoples hives--I usually wash mine at the end of the year or if I get a lot of propolis on them. the main bee to really be careful for is the queen, otherwise (while I don't necasarilly like it) sometimes one or two gets squished but that usually sets them off on a stinging spree--but it is usually when I am trying to get the boxes set back in place and some just don't seem to understand they need to move. I usually don't feel anything but the initial hit until like 8 hours later and then it heats up and swells up and starts itching like crazy!!!! I had one a couple years ago that hit real hard on my leg and I actually had a black and blue mark around 6 inches around--I was wearing capris like a dummy. they were particularly vicious that year.

Once iv got a car again ill start going to the club apairy again once a week.

House locks already changed thats first thing I got done on Tuesday after id rung all police and car and house insurence companies.

@Rune one the first things i did was post about it on my fb page and to a few local groups. I also requested them to if handy wrap a baseball bat round the head of driver then ring police. Given the way they acted i reckon they were going specifically for this type of car and had probably spotted it a while ago. My dad visited today with a block of wood and some screws to block up the hole where the letter box was and where they got access to the keys via a stick and i saw them on the cam footage looking through the hole in the door from outside the porch so at least now thats not going to be possible. Now i just have to wait to see what they are going to offer and i can look and maybe find a car to buy

The police in the uk are so stretched that they dont seem to give a flying crap about things like car theft probably because of the fact they know insurence will payout then its just a matter of being lucky enough for police to spot it and catch occupants if they are daft enough to leave same plate on because i doubt they will do it could of been outta country before i noticed it. The police told me to picj stick up and put it in a bag but then said that i might hear from csi team to take finger prints. that was more than 36 hours after reporting it and iv heard absolutly nothing from them

So very sorry for the loss but also that the police are so stretched. Hope they catch them!

So very sorry for the loss but also that the police are so stretched. Hope they catch them!

The police are so stretched because the government here have year by year since 2010 been cutting the bloody budgets meaning less and less police being employed its absolutly devestating watching the country I have lived in all my life go downhill so quickly too and because of those who are meant to be in power too! The amount of knife crime and murders and stabbing along with acid attacks is devistating to hear about. Just had police round and they were really nice but didnt have much to say but they noticed my soaps and candles and got a surprise when one cat shot between thier legs trying to escape then other jumped into the house through window and just sat on the window watching them then even tried to get a fuss off them when that didnt get them anywhere he just came to me for a fuss lol. Strange little cat that he is id just got back from rugby where i had a few pints which is rare for me and have still got a croaky voice from so much shouting lol. They just said they would let me know if or when its found and hopefully itll ping an anpr cam but i think it was targeted for the type of car. my dads been round today and helped me plug the hole in the door where the letter box used to be that they must of used to hook the keys. The car hasnt been owned outside of my direct family since it was brand spanking new and its by far nicest car iv ever owned so im just really gutted its gone! Someone has very kindly said they would put me on insurence for her car for while i am house and dog sitting next week! So gunna do some runs to tip and try get rid of some the junk in my house while i have a bigger car to fit more stuff in!

I just started a full cold :( spot in my throat was sore 3 days ago. At least I can work today. I can sleep tomorrow and Sunday I have a small FM that DD said she would come with me.

I saw a post last night that Firefox disabled all plugins for some reason. Hopefully it’s fixed soon

Back