Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh that is why FF sent me thing that my plug ins no longer work.
I don't do updates anymore for them, can't deal with the issues after like a fart

One of the FF issues I was having is already resolved. The plugins are written by 3rd parties and not by FF, so the writers have to scramble to keep up with these changes. I know AdBlock Plus is already addressing the issue, but there are a few others I used that I hope get cracking. Unfortunately, with each new version, I end up dropping more and more plugins. But I will never drop Ad Block. I hate those pesky ads on all and sundry websites. Granted, sometimes I have to enable ads on certain websites, but for the most part I can get by without doing so.

Yup, ad block is one of mine, Ghostery was the other. I just wait for a few weeks and they will be back up again.
Yes I know it is not FF that makes these or other plug ins

HAHA - I got a piece of mail from the IRS for our 2017 taxes, and once I looked them up I can see I totally screwed them up, and now now owe back taxes, interest and penalties.. GRRRR I know exactly how it happened and could kick myself for not paying closer attention to what I was doing. LOL Dang it!!

My husband has been on my last nerve lately. I'm not sure what's going on with his head, but I'm seconds away from scheduling him an anxiety consultation (or his funeral... if I were a violent woman...). He's started playing this "you didn't tell me that" game, usually I just say "sorry" [even though I KNOW I told him] and move on because people forget things, whatever. This weekend though... my breaking point.

First, "I didn't tell him" about our daughter going to a sleepover at my mom's for the weekend. Yes, dear man, I did tell you because we had a whole conversation about it because of the youngest son's birthday this weekend and getting together with husband's family. Well, the youngest decided that he would rather go to a movie instead of having an extended family get together, so that resolved the scheduling problem, so daughter went to my mom's.

Second, "I didn't tell him" about my youngest nieces birthday party on Sunday. Yes, dear man, I did tell you because we had an argument about my sister planning the party on the youngest son's birthday and how I can't control when my sister plans the party... and then further discussion when the family drama started because my sister moved the time so that I could be there [NOT at my request, btw. Youngest niece calls me her best friend and wanted to make sure I could be there, which then ticked off two of my other sisters who are "tired of the world revolving around Sherry"].

Third, "I didn't tell him" that Sunday was Confirmation Sunday at church and that we would need to be there early and stay late (I'm the teacher). Ummm.... Confirmation Sunday has been announced in church every Sunday for the last month, I've been talking to him every Wednesday night for the last month about this that and the other thing going on to get the kids ready for being confirmed the first Sunday in May... I have been teaching confirmation for seven years, and we have been together for four of those years. What part of this process did he think had changed? It's the same thing every year, I go early for rehearsal, and we stay late for pictures and lunch.

So Sunday, as we're rushing home from church so that he can take the kid to the movie and I can get to the birthday party, he decides to light into me about how I don't communicate with him and I need to tell him what's going on because he doesn't read minds, and blah blah blah. I was done saying "sorry". I explained to him that I did tell him about the sleepover and the party, pointing out the discussions that we had because of me telling him these things going on... to which he replied that we never had those conversations. "Oh, sorry, I guess that was my other husband." Really? You're going to deny that I told you these things to the point that you will deny that we had other conversations? OH LORD. You are in a serious state of denial. So then he flipped it around to that I'm the one in denial and creating conversations that we never had. And now I can't figure out who the crazy person in this relationship is. I'm to the point that I made a blank template for each of us to fill out that says "______ told ______ about _______ on this date." and we have to sign and date it. I am just done done done with this freaking argument and if I have to do this ridiculous thing to prove to him that I do tell him things, he just either isn't listening or forgets, then so be it. He thinks I'm a complete control freak now, but whatever, I'm tired of thinking that he's a butt head who can't admit that he's human.

Whew. Thanks for listening y'all. I feel better getting this ridiculous nonsense out. Now I can laugh about it and move on with my day.

UGH @amd my husband used to pull that crap on me too. Now I just tell him that just because he doesn't remember it happening, doesn't mean it didn't happen and he should go to the Dr to figure out why he can't remember anything. Then I literally walk away and that's the end of the argument. Also a lot of times now I'll tell him "Are you paying attention" make him repeat what I'm telling him, then say "because I don't want in a week from now or so for you to say I never told you anything about this so figure out a way to remember what I'm saying, do you need to write it down?"
That usually irritates him, then the week later I say "remember when I asked if you needed to write this down????" LOL

Anyway, yes, I feel your pain. It's irritating when it keeps happening, and then they blame you.

My husband doesn't always remember what I tell him either, but I am sure that's because he doesn't always listen because his mind is somewhere else. I don't always remember what he tells me either, unless I write it down, but if my mind is somewhere else, I don't even think to write it down.

So what I prefer is that we discuss it AND it gets written down. If it's dates of events, it needs to go on the large calendar that hangs in the kitchen. I often write things down in my TO DO notebook, and then transfer it to the calendar or vice-versa. Otherwise, when I go to make other plans, I don't remember the specifics at all, even when I do have some recollection.

For example, vacation plans. Hubby schedules them with his work, and usually they get written on the calendar. This year's vacations were scheduled in January, but never got written down anywhere. I am not sure why this year was different.

Alzheimer's runs in my husband's father's family and even though he would never admit to having a memory problem, I am sure it concerns him since he saw what his father went through. He has even volunteered for clinical trials and any Alzheimer's study for which he qualifies. (So far, it's only been one.) But to say to him, he should go to the doctor to have his memory checked and then walk away would certainly infuriate him; I just could not do that to him. I did once suggest he get his hearing checked, which he did a few months ago and it was apparently just fine, so I can't say that to him for at least another few years.

we discuss it AND it gets written down.
LOL. This exactly. When we got married we were struggling with two Google calendars, and because mine was a Google calendar created with a yahoo email we couldn't get mine to share correctly, so we switched to his Google calendar, so EVERYTHING gets entered into one calender (even my work meetings, so that I don't schedule appointments during meetings and such). Even that doesn't seem to help - although he often uses "It's on the calendar" when I complain that he didn't tell me about this that and the other.

I honestly think that he has something on his brain stressing him out and he's not talking about it, which is making him forgetful and grumpy. We rarely fight, but the last few weeks he has not been himself, and he pokes the bear and the bear bites back. I'm hoping this week that we can make some free time to talk about it without children around. He just needs to get it out, if it's me, the kids, work, his family, my family, money, or whatever, just spit it out. If I can't fix it, maybe I can at least be understanding about it.

Well, 'I' don't need to deal with that because 'I' don't have a Hubby !! MAHAHAHAHHAA

oh wait... I do that to myself sometimes tho..... grocery list.....etc :lol:

Gripe, it was slow today at work........ new girl is almost on her own and Boss asks me if I am ready to do that NEXT hard type........ which she said I won't be doing for at least 6 months. Been there 3.5 months :( I was hoping for a few months of easy ;)

IMG_3586.JPG

So... this happened. Do i need to buy a whole new stick blender? Does anyone know if i can get only the attachment thingy? The brand is Oster.

View attachment 38867

So... this happened. Do i need to buy a whole new stick blender? Does anyone know if i can get only the attachment thingy? The brand is Oster.
Oh no. Something similar had happened with my cuisinart blender once (nothing to do with soaping, I apparently put it into a too hot soup and it melted...). I had to buy the whole thing again.
Maybe you could check on the brand's website if they sell the parts separately?

View attachment 38867

I have done so in the past for another brand. Try this link:

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/

But on the Oster site, they only list two Immersion Blenders and no parts, so maybe they don't sell any replacement parts for stick blenders.

https://www.oster.com/kitchen-tools/immersion-blenders/

Last edited:
Yeah, i was on their website earlier and it didnt show replacements but, i am on mobile so i was waiting to see on the PC since i can not see the whole listing. It sucks because its only a year old the blender works, is just that thing that broke! I’ll try that other link, i really dont wanna buy a whole new one.

If you can separate the red plastic parts from the blender you might be able to glue them with superglue.
Need to do it on paper and wear EMT gloves or something, prevent your skin from bonding (in seconds).
You might test the glue first in case it tries to dissolve the plastic.
You can also glue on a "patch" on each side and cut out where the holes are, but be aware of the overall thickness, it still has to fit over the meal thing with the tabs.
Heating / melting a patch is also an option but if your not used to craft / DIY it can be tricky.
There is also hot glue, if you have some kind of craft tool to trim off the excess glue when dry.

The super glue fix might work depending on how much stress the part is under while blending, and if that stress is focused on the glued bit.

I'm a fan of hacked together technology. I would use a drill with variable speed and a small whisk with the end cut off to fit. It would be significantly heavier than a blender, but might adequately mix your soapy sauce.

Latest posts

Back