Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gripe today... I'm trying SO hard to get my blood pressure down. I've been on a low carb diet for about 6 weeks; I've lost about 15 lbs. in the past two months. I eat more vegetables now than I have in my entire life! Today, I went to the doctor to refill my prescriptions and my bp has gone UP. I am SO incredibly frustrated... and disheartened.

It is quite normal for BP not to respond within the first 6 weeks to new medications and lifestyle changes. Don't fret. It will come down, eventually. They may have to change the meds, as not everyone reacts the same to medications. That's why there are so very many blood pressure meds. You take care of the lifestyle changes, let the doctor worry about the meds. Great job on those lifestyle changes! Maybe add walking to those changes? Walking is great for blood pressure for many reasons. Most of all, stop stressing about it! It will come down, just hang in there!

That's who I got it from. The price was right but the packaging was annoying.

I ended up putting it in a pot of hot water, I didn't really think of the sink. Probably would have been easier since the jug was about twice as tall as the pot, the oil melted at the bottom first and I was slamming it on the counter trying to get the oil at the top to sink so it would melt. I poured about half of it into quart mason jars and the other half is still in the original bottle. But the mason jars I got don't have very wide mouths either so they won't be too easy to scoop from. But if I end up having to melt it again a quart jar won't take as long as a gallon bottle.

I don't know where it was originally packaged, but it shipped from Illinois which isn't exactly known for its warm weather.

I assume it was packaged the way it was because it was cheaper to do it that way.

I melt those annoying oils into those disposable plastic containers from the Dollar Tree. They work fine, and I wash and re-use them numerous times before they break. Be sure to label and date those containers.

Hot Flashes, I swear to God I dont know from minute to minute whether i'll be Baking or Freezing. I am the person tank tops and hoodies were made for so I can take off a layer, put on a layer.

Oh @msunnerstood I hope it all goes FAST for you. That is no fun :(

Gripe, got yard work to do and it is going to rain tomorrow (a day off for us in MASS) :(

Ive had them for 4 years now. I feel like theyll never go away

16 years and counting. Worse yet, they won't let me take hormones. You do get to the point of not paying much attention to them about year 8 or 9. The studies say if you have them after 14 years, you never get rid of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
My gripe today: a wonderful opportunity came my way that would be absolutely PERFECT for me to take, with the exception of and deal breaker being it's not permanent. It could become that way, but I wouldn't know for sure for at least 6-9 months, and unfortunately at this stage in my life I need more stability than that. If I can negotiate permanency then I might just go for it, but if not, than I'm going to have to decline and that makes me sad. LOL (not sad enough to change my mind though - no permanency is very much a deal breaker for me)

I always wonder why they do this. Usually here it is from a TEMP company that does these. Those jobs are really for a biz that just needs someone for that short amount of time to catch up or finish something.

I always wonder why they do this. Usually here it is from a TEMP company that does these. Those jobs are really for a biz that just needs someone for that short amount of time to catch up or finish something.
This is a contract to hire opportunity but I won't know about the 'hire' part until 6-9 months from now. Supposedly they hire 95% of the contractors, but people will say anything to get qualified workers in, so I'm sceptical, and I can't afford in 9 months to not have a job - especially when I have an excellent one right now.
(Just not looking forward to the move, and I don't get along 100% with my new BU head, so there's that too)

As Much as I oppose listening devices such as Alexa and Google Home, a Dot now sits on my dresser.

Why?

I took a nap today and apparently one of my bulging discs compressed a nerve and when i tried to move to get up, a sharp shooting bolt of Hades shot down my leg from hip to ankle. I could not even flex a muscle to try and move. I started calling for my husband, then my son. It was apparently family nap time and they were upstairs and on the other end of the house. I spent the next hour and 15 minutes calling for help and trying to bang on the wall that was barely in my reach.

I finally realized no help was coming and my phone was across the room. I steeled myself, grabbed my leg and threw it off the bed.. My body followed and I hit the floor. It must have sounded like I was being murdered down here but no one heard that either.

Something must have changed when i hit the floor because i could then gingerly move and get up to my phone and into a chair. I am mostly sore now and have a little weakness in my left leg. I was still crying when everyone got up outta the total feeling of helplessness I experienced. I explained what had happened and thats when i became the reluctant owner of an amazon dot programmed with my husbands, and both sons phone numbers in it... just in case.

I do have another MRI coming up so I will be following up on whatever has changed.

It sucks to get old.

As Much as I oppose listening devices such as Alexa and Google Home, a Dot now sits on my dresser.

that must have been scary and to not be able to get anybodies attention--yikes. I have fought all that stuff, I even fought getting a cell phone. but it will come in handy. good luck with your MRI

Aphasia sucks. I miss being able to talk and read out loud and I don't feel like trying sometimes.

I am so sorry! I have taken care of lots of people with aphasia, and it sucks every time. No one but family is patient enough to let you get your words out. They sometimes describe it like being a statue, where you can hear and see everything, but can't respond. My heart really does go out to you!

Why?

I took a nap today and apparently one of my bulging discs compressed a nerve and when i tried to move to get up, a sharp shooting bolt of Hades shot down my leg from hip to ankle. I could not even flex a muscle to try and move. I started calling for my husband, then my son. It was apparently family nap time and they were upstairs and on the other end of the house. I spent the next hour and 15 minutes calling for help and trying to bang on the wall that was barely in my reach.

I finally realized no help was coming and my phone was across the room. I steeled myself, grabbed my leg and threw it off the bed.. My body followed and I hit the floor. It must have sounded like I was being murdered down here but no one heard that either.

Something must have changed when i hit the floor because i could then gingerly move and get up to my phone and into a chair. I am mostly sore now and have a little weakness in my left leg. I was still crying when everyone got up outta the total feeling of helplessness I experienced. I explained what had happened and thats when i became the reluctant owner of an amazon dot programmed with my husbands, and both sons phone numbers in it... just in case.

I do have another MRI coming up so I will be following up on whatever has changed.

It sucks to get old.

Gracious! That must have been terrifying! Smart y'all to think of getting a Dot!

Why?

It sucks to get old.
How awful that must have been. I hope you don't ever need the Dot and that it serves its purpose by helping you feel more secure. Good plan!

I have to go out and mow the lawn because this is the ONLY nice day not raining in the last last 2 weeks............... I feel like My brother and I swapped states (seattle).

I wish i could cut the grass but thanks to the scum bag thieves who stole my car which also had the only copy of shed key on i can no longer get to my mower without first taking so bolt croppers or a saw to the lock and the grass is getting really long too.

They found my car CRASHED and with false plates on. It got stolen at around 3am on the 30th of April so the Tuesday morning, they found it after they crashed it into a taxi on the Friday which i think was the 3rd but the first i knew of this was when the csi fella rang on wednesday just gone so 5 days after it was recovered and asked me what inside the car was there when it was stolen slightly confused by this conversation i asked what was going on and he said surprised himself has he police officier in charge of your case not rung you and told you the cars been recovered? Still confused i told him no the only time i had been contacted by the police was on the Thursday so the 2nd May they turned up half an hour after i got back from the rugby knocking at my door to say i was surprised is an understatement!! So the csi fella said well im sorry to be the bearer of bad news but its also been crashed but someone would be in touch to give me more details its now as good as sunday and iv heard absolutly NOTHING except when i went out my way to try get answers. Very frustrating because most of my beekeeping stuff has been recovered with the car yet despite them having access to the car for over a week now they have it on hold so niether me nor the insurence company can go near it me to collect my beekeeping stuff and the insurence company to go and assess the damage thats been caused i think because of the age of the car it will probably be a write off but because iv no idea whats going to happen because iv only had the damage described to me im only guessing iv now got to wait for the police who dont seem to even be able to get the basics achieved within a resonable time frame im still without a car or likely to know anything further until they finally get into first gear. Peed off is a nice way to describe how i feel. Fair enough if they have suspects and think holding the car will help make arrests or convictions but ffs if thats the case bloody tell me that dont just keep me guessing. I wish now it had never been found or had been an instant definate write off then at least id be able to get on with the insurence process instead of being held in limbo for nearly 2 weeks. Ontop of this and probably a big reason im feelijg annoyed today about this iv got a banging headache had a poorly stomach and was doing an airport run leaving at 1am and only returning at 4am so im also shattered and probably just as well iv not gone out because am feeling cranky too. But at least iv got tyson keeping my company today who is now on his 5th or 6th forced cuddle of the day. I think hes annoyed that he got shut outside last night when he asked to be let outside at 5am and i only woke up at about 11am to let him back in!

so sorry it worked out this way--and sorry the cops are better at getting back to you on things. is there no way they cant inventory what is in the car and let you have your property?

I am aware of most the things in the car but only thanks to the csi fella ringing and willing to tell me what was remaining but he did ring to ask what was already in there and most seems untouched but they just wont let me near the car i cant even go to the garage to see the damage and nor can the insurence company until they have released the whole car which i have no explination as to why its even being held still. Im going to ring police station on monday and see if i can get some answers and maybe get them to hurry up releasing it if thats at all possible sometimes iv found a polite nudge in the right direction helps speed things up some call it nagging i call it a polite nudge lol. With regards to my beekeeping stuff it could be worse because im not able to do more than top up the syrup feed in the new hive until around the 27th of may so hopefully ill have my hive tools ect back by then and wont have to fork out more money when i already have 3 of them in the car! And the orginal hive having no queen when i left them but 4 or 5 capped cells i cant go into that either due to the queen needing mating when she has been born and accepted by fellow buzzers and bobs

Im very lucky that someone iv been doing alot of jobs for and who i went to pick up from the airport this morning is being very kind and allowing me use of her car when she is able to do so. It was partly to allow me to look after her dogs while she visited her poorly and very lucky to be alive sister in Germany! so for example i asked if i can borrow it monday so i can go the cinema and pizza hut for a good friends daughters birthday in exchange for me walking the dogs twice so im not totally carless but i hate having to rely on others for what i now consider a normal possession because iv not been without a car for more than a day or 2 for about 10 years now so 2 weeks feels like an eternity!

nudge away--it might help

Exactly cant do any harm can it.

If the car was tidy and had no stuff of mine in there to speak of i suspect i probably wouldnt even know it had been recovered at all because there wouldnt of been any reason for the csi fella to ring and ask his question

Latest posts

Back