Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gripe, DD wants to go to Cambridge (MA) this weekend............ it's going to be thunder storms and complete day downpours. She just doesn't get it :oops::rolleyes:

the new teenager in the neighborhood had friends over last night--they were ringing my door bell at 11:30 (cant prove it but they were the only bunch running around then). I was just falling asleep and the dog went ballistic--hope she didn't wake up everybody. I sure hope this isn't going to be a common thing grrrrr

we lived out in the country and I don't think a lot of them had doorbells. we would have gotten our butts kicked if we did that also. we weren't saints for sure--we used to throw snowballs at cars--well we did it once and they stopped and talked to the parents--ouch. not only dumb but dangerous. but they did go a lot slower back then too but still DUMB of us. KARMA

Last edited:
Our doorbell doesn't work at all, so if the neighbor kids want to ring the doorbell, I'd never know. I used to think it was about my hearing, but no, it actually doesn't work at all.

What does annoy me about the neighbor kids is when they have a party, so many of their friends think it's acceptable to park with two tires on the lawns around here. Our next door neighbors, totally ruined the front of their lawn by doing that for the first two years they were here, creating huge ruts out front. The mud spreads in awful puddles to reach our driveway when it pours down rain because of that stupidity. They have since stopped doing it, so I guess they figured out there are actual uncomfortable consequences for that behavior, but they haven't bothered to fix the giant muddy ruts in front of their house. So every heavy rain brings a muddy mess over here. And the result of neighbors who obviously park on their lawn, visiting teenagers think it's fine to park their pick-up trucks on mine, too. I actually called the police about it once because they just got belligerent when I asked them to stop parking on the grass in front of my house. We even have a curb. It's against the law in our town to park on the grass next to a curb without the owners permission. So now I'm that crabby old lady. I don't care. My husband hates having to re-seed the lawn because of belligerent teen-agers.

I haven't felt well the last 2 going on 3 weeks. I'm tired more than I feel I should be and irritable because I'm tired. When I'm home, I sleep as much as possible. Friday I told DH I wanted to to try a at home detox, spring clean my system. We discussed the pros and cons of options that I found online, I picked what I thought would be best and he said he'd pick up the supplies I'd need so I could do it over the weekend. It's Sunday afternoon and he still hasn't bought anything I asked for. If it were him that felt like this, I'd have gone out that day and bought what he wanted.

@earlene someone on one of the main roads put a few good sized rocks along the edge of their lawn just for this reason.
People stop to take the Left turn and then other behind run over the lawn to get around :)

They are painted White. This may work for you ?

I had actually thought of something similar myself, but my husband would not agree to anything that would get in his way when he mows. He's all about a smooth, unobstructed mowing space and it is a huge mowing space here. If it was up to him there probably wouldn't be any trees or flowers around the edges of the property at all.

This is what my son's backyard looks like after I spent 3 1/2 hours mowing it on a riding lawn mower. Obstructions really do slow down the process, so I can understand why my husband doesn't like them.

After mowing Jason backyard.JPG

it is so sad that people not only don't care about wrecking other peoples property--they will get belligerent if called out about it--you would think embarrassment would be the way they would feel. I wonder if you could post it and then have the tow truck come?

Maybe I'm crabby today... I feel like I have a lot of gripes...

Hubby was on the "man-rag" all weekend. Daughter finally called him out on his attitude and banished him to his workshop until his "head gets right with Jesus" [her words... forgive this mama, but I fell off my chair laughing when she said it!]. We were extra nice when he came back in, we even made him nice snackies. Hopefully tonight will be better.

In the last 6 months, EIGHT new soapers have shown up in my area, and one of the older (how long they've been making soap) is not playing nice on FB. She managed to get me kicked out of the summer market on Thursday nights. The gal at the Chamber of Commerce (who organizes it) is looking into it further after I called and asked why I hadn't been invited to the HUGE kickoff party they are doing next weekend. In the world of soap, we're not on the same level of competition - she does uncolored scented GM soap, made in milkyway trays. I have no GM soaps (although I have CM and buttermilk), and mine are colored and decorative. Not even the same clientele. It was a frustrating lunch hour on the phone with the CoC trying to track what's going on.

If you make sugar scrubs (or are familiar with them at least) you might find this bit funny (@shunt2011 especially, as it's her recipe that I use). I made sugar scrubs and listed them on FB. The "old" soaper mentioned above, posted literally an HOUR after I shared my scrubs, talking about how her scrubs are made with "pronounceable good for you ingredients" and she listed her ingredients. Funny part of this... I use INCI names with common names in ( ) in my ingredients because scrubs are cosmetic, so you know, label regulations and all that. 1) She doesn't even provide a label and 2) her ingredients are pretty similar to mine... just not listed correctly. So... being in a feisty mood yesterday, I commented on the post her ingredients corrected to INCI like they should be and a link to cosmetic labeling regulations. I have been blocked from yet another FB group (a local crafters group), which is unfortunate because I occasionally do get sales from posting in that group. Despite being blocked, I don't regret it! But I'm still gonna gripe about it. :D

Maybe I'm crabby today... I feel like I have a lot of gripes...

Hubby was on the "man-rag" all weekend. Daughter finally called him out on his attitude and banished him to his workshop until his "head gets right with Jesus" [her words... forgive this mama, but I fell off my chair laughing when she said it!]. We were extra nice when he came back in, we even made him nice snackies. Hopefully tonight will be better.

In the last 6 months, EIGHT new soapers have shown up in my area, and one of the older (how long they've been making soap) is not playing nice on FB. She managed to get me kicked out of the summer market on Thursday nights. The gal at the Chamber of Commerce (who organizes it) is looking into it further after I called and asked why I hadn't been invited to the HUGE kickoff party they are doing next weekend. In the world of soap, we're not on the same level of competition - she does uncolored scented GM soap, made in milkyway trays. I have no GM soaps (although I have CM and buttermilk), and mine are colored and decorative. Not even the same clientele. It was a frustrating lunch hour on the phone with the CoC trying to track what's going on.

If you make sugar scrubs (or are familiar with them at least) you might find this bit funny (@shunt2011 especially, as it's her recipe that I use). I made sugar scrubs and listed them on FB. The "old" soaper mentioned above, posted literally an HOUR after I shared my scrubs, talking about how her scrubs are made with "pronounceable good for you ingredients" and she listed her ingredients. Funny part of this... I use INCI names with common names in ( ) in my ingredients because scrubs are cosmetic, so you know, label regulations and all that. 1) She doesn't even provide a label and 2) her ingredients are pretty similar to mine... just not listed correctly. So... being in a feisty mood yesterday, I commented on the post her ingredients corrected to INCI like they should be and a link to cosmetic labeling regulations. I have been blocked from yet another FB group (a local crafters group), which is unfortunate because I occasionally do get sales from posting in that group. Despite being blocked, I don't regret it! But I'm still gonna gripe about it. :D
How rude!! Some people just cannot take criticism, even if it's constructive or informative.

the new teenager in the neighborhood had friends over last night--they were ringing my door bell at 11:30 (cant prove it but they were the only bunch running around then). I was just falling asleep and the dog went ballistic--hope she didn't wake up everybody. I sure hope this isn't going to be a common thing grrrrr

Wire the doorbell up to a car battery, getting zapped might stop them. :D

@amd tell her to suck it. I hate people like that. You do you! She's jealous is all.

My gripe is Divorce.........been coming for a long time....finally had enough. Filed and will hopefully be done in 60-90 days. Fortunately no kids with him. Depression and anxiety have set in 10 fold and I don't want to do anything.

Latest posts

Back