Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's in Massachusetts.....long distance from Illinois & Iowa. We haven't had anything in Michigan, but I don't eat McDonald's but once every couple years.

Re: the McDonald's outbreak of cyclosporiasis:

According to the Miami Herald, McDonalds states “We are in the process of removing existing lettuce blend from identified restaurants and distribution centers — which includes approximately 3,000 of our U.S. restaurants primarily located in the Midwest.” Those restaurants are in Kentucky, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Minnesota, Nebraska, South Dakota, Montana, North Dakota, West Virginia and Missouri.

(Excuse me, since when is West Virginia or Montana in the Midwest? Just an aside on my part.)

Reading the news yesterday morning it was only 2 states mentioned, this morning I am reading about 14 states being affected. If it were me, I'd see my Doctor. Cyclosporiasis can be quite serious for some folks, and the recommended treatment is a combination of two antibiotics. It really is a serious concern from a public health standpoint, as well as for the persons affected.

Regardless of the physical distance of the reported cases (so far), I still recommend seeing a physician if intestinal symptoms occur after eating food in a fast food restaurant in a national chain known to have an outbreak such as this. Even if not that particular chain. Especially if the symptoms persist and do not improve right away.

I finally have some days off of work and now I have to spend that time catching up on paperwork instead of soaping or doing anything else fun for that matter. gotta bring in that $$ to pay for my soaping habit

Lin, there has been widespread contamination of possibly salads with cyclospora at McDonalds in Illinois & Iowa with the Health Department recommending anyone with symptoms to see their doc right away. At least 100 people have become I'll with intestinal symptoms. I suggest you get to your doctor as soon as you can. From reports I have read, it started in May in Illinois and started in June in Iowa.

Thank you for the information. While I didn't eat a salad ans Cyclospora would take a week for symptoms to show, not an hour. BUT still good to know about Salad issues now going around !
I am thinking there was something in it that seriously set off a system 'Oh No' fault . Most likely it was a combination of the Mocha Frappe and the new sauce they have on a new burger. But it may very well have been a food poisoning thing.

It was all over with in a couple hours. I ate a homemade burrito about 4 hours later with no issues. Yup, I am a glutton to find out how bad it is

At the age of 7, I met a group of intellectuals online and they liked me so much they decided to help me plan out my entire life! Boy what an opportunity for fame and fortune so at the age of 7, without anyone else's help that's exactly what I did. So now it's 30 years later, and it's like watching a fully built customized for me automobile stuck in a mud puddle, and the only way to move it forward is by me pushing it! Hahaha! Am I right? So okay, I got a bit sidetracked, and I may have tried too hard to heal the world and left it a little worse in some places, even when and where I was being so careful. I got rather far behind on accomplishments in my teenage years. So now I've got Trump in the driver's seat and he's actually helping out, it's pretty cool we're gonna do 20 years of planned work in about 4 years. That includes NAFTA, and balancing out lots of treaties, and world peace! We are on the cusp of world peace!!! -remembers to breathe again- You know those planners at the top of the paragraph? *coughs* some of them were Japanese planners and I was supposed to marry their son. I rediscovered him today and I'm like OMG so far behind! Should I try to pen him a letter or leave him alone? Will he write back to me? I haven't even had any babies yet and he's the fifth one I was supposed to marry and have official babies with! Yes, that's that was the weirder things I wished for at age 7 was to have a full colored rainbow family where I marry different races and have one child with each of them. So as to set an ideal example for a better future and racial equality. I'm not even sure I wanna do it anymore, I mean having like 10 different babies from marrying 10 different fathers... it's a bit extreme right? But I also believe in world unity and peace and it would be ideal to show people with actions over words right? Is there a different way I could show or demonstrate unity for world peace than having children by different fathers? --- 30 years ago that's the best we could think of. By the way, most of my irl friends at this point all think I've gone bonkers coo-coo crazy because they weren't there when I was with these online intellectuals planning out my whole life, and they think I need to be put on 'medicine'.

Can I post a non-gripe follow up to a gripe?

Meet our new Guinea pig Flapjack! (The baby) It's usually not wise to
20180714_164143.jpg replace a pet so quickly, but for the health and happiness of the grieving pig it was the right thing to do.

Well, I WANTED to make soap today, but SoapCalc isn't working for me!!! And I can't get Soapee to work. I suppose I can use Brambleberry's but I don't really care for their format. Any other lye calcs out there I could try??

ETA: I tried Majestic Mountain Sage but they don't have shortening :/

Well, I WANTED to make soap today, but SoapCalc isn't working for me!!! And I can't get Soapee to work. I suppose I can use Brambleberry's but I don't really care for their format. Any other lye calcs out there I could try??

ETA: I tried Majestic Mountain Sage but they don't have shortening :/

Wholesale supplies plus has one. Just google wholesale Supplies plus lye calculator.

Love your new piggy :), Lenarenee, so çute. I just love piggies, hope they are getting on.

Scorpions. Have not had any in years ever since Hubby calked all around outside the house, but we re-roofed our house recently and have found and killed 2....one in the living-room and one in the bathroom. :mad:

My gripe today - Southwest airlines is the 2nd worst airline to be in existence (Spirit being the absolute worst!)

Was supposed to come home from NOLA on Sunday - got an email about the flight being cancelled - no reason, explanation, nothing, in the email, just that the flight was cancelled...
Then to try to call them to figure it out, hold times were at about 207 minutes (not an exaggeration!) so my friend and I (same cancelled flight) drove the 15 minutes it took to get to the airport and talk to someone got the reason in less than 5 minutes and drove back, while we were still on hold with over 150 minutes still to go...
Lady at the counter said the reason was "the weather was so BAD in Denver, they cancelled the flight"
EVERYONE I talked to in Denver was baffled, as there was no "weather" here on Sunday that would have cancelled flights.
However, if the reason for cancellation is weather related the airline doesn't have to refund or accommodate rebooking, etc.,. Grr...
Finally got a flight home Monday night, but had to miss 2 days of work due to travel that was unexpected and the expense of a small rebooking fee.

I'm still waiting to see if they make it right somehow. Probably not. I rarely fly Southwest - because every single time I do there is some sort of dang problem. Every time!!
BLEH

Love your new piggy :), Lenarenee, so çute. I just love piggies, hope they are getting on.

They are getting along very well; but we'll so what happens when Flapjack reaches adolescence!

I'll try to get a picture of his little face - 1/3 gold, 1/3 white, 1/3 dark gray (wondering if it will turn black). He's so cute, but so darn fast! He took food from my hand once, but prefers to snitch from Finchley instead. Normally Finchley would get cranky at his previous friend for snitching food, but he's tolerant of the baby's behavior. Just like when he was a baby and Bellpepper tolerated his annoying behavior!

Bellpepper used to always popcorn when we swept the fleece, and he taught that to baby Finchley. Now, Finchley is teaching it to the new baby! It's comforting to see Bellpepper's legacy continue!

I'd love to have some lap time with them, but I have a cold and I know that certain rhinoviruses can be transferred to pigs.

Latest posts

Back