Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gripe today... Fire season in the Okanagan has begun. We had a lightning storm last night and it sparked numerous fires all across the southern part of the province. There's another lightning storm in tonight's forecast.

Addendum... Ok, it's getting real now. There's a fire across the lake from where we live but I've just found out there's another one on this side of the lake, not far from where our most devastating fire was in 2003. We live within 20 km of that fire. I've been hearing sirens all evening, even with ear buds in while watching Netflix.

I was outside for a bit earlier. Saw this red "thing" in the sky, then realized it was the moon.

It's a nerve wracking situation to be in Mischief, I'm very sorry. Those fires shift quickly and embers travel far. (this part of CA is always in fire season) You've packed the vital items up?
I certainly hope tomorrow morning to hear that they contained the fires quickly and that you were able to sleep.

Someone on fb posted a soap that they called among other descriptions a ghost swirl ... It had three different colourants in it.
Beautiful soap but not a ghost.swirl.

Dunno why it bothered.me so much but it did

So i am starting to research fragrances and colorants for my soaps (after 9 batches i would like to smell pretty and see pretty colors!) so, the good news is that i found two fragrance sellers that seem to know what they are talking about and i already purchased two small bottles to try. So yay! Then i went ahead and tried to find micas.
Nope.
None.
Nada.
I found some but i’m not sure the sellers even know what is in those “micas”, or if they work on cp soap.
So i used every search term i could think of and i either get 25 kg or nothing at all.
So i went to the websites everybody knows (bramble, nurture, etc.) and sure they will sell but not send (bramble) or suuuper expensive (20 dll shipping).
So. I will make 100% TD colored soaps forever and ever. I’ve been googling for 3 hours now. Or a few colored with paprika. Oh, and cocoa powder.
Oh! And tried the other colorants too, like blue chamomille and few others: super expensive.
Tried amazon: they dont ship to México.
The ones who do are quite expensive (and not prime!).
I’m done. I’m disspointed.

I have the same problem, difficult to find almost everything. Since you are in Mexico, maybe Peter Paiva in Brasil ships to you for an affordable price?

Here is the link to the shop: https://www.lojapeterpaiva.com.br

I was going to buy some supplies today.
They had a post free special.
You had to buy $50 or more fine I thought so I worked out what I wanted.
THEN I found the fine print "free delivery only to metro area". :(

Back to the drawing board (or computer screen as it really is).

My gripe is more of an annoyance. My Grandma turned 95 on 7/11 then passed on 7/14. We had her wake on 7/20 and the funeral yesterday 7/21. There was a church member at the church on both days, TAKING PICTURES! She took pics of EVERYTHING. My Grandma in her casket, pics of relatives saying their goodbyes, etc. She even interrupted conversations to ask people pose for a pic. During the funeral service she was coming into our rows & standing in front of us to get her shots and according to our limo driver, they couldn't close the hearse door because she was taking pics! At the family repast she was taking pics of us eating! She bumped me accidentally trying to snap a pic of my mom with a mouth full of food! My Mom looked horrified so, very irritated, I asked the woman to stop taking pics and let our family have this time. She apologized but I caught her trying to take pics from a different location! She did the same thing when my uncle who is the church's pastor told her to stop taking pics. I kept asking why she was taking so many pics but no-one seemed to know. I was just told that we all grieve differently but I found her form of grieving to be disrespectful to myself & my family.

I organised to have someone take photos at my son’s funeral. (He was 27). Unfortunately she was too overcome by grief to take any photos and didn’t think to give anyone else the job.

There were 300 people there, some of whom I’ll never see again. We have photos of people at the wake which is nice. Other than that I have nothing except one photo of my son in the empty church alone to remind me how much he was loved.

Obviously everyone grieves differently. At least if you later want to recall details of the day you know who to go to. She probably thought she was doing you a huge favour - one you would later thank her.

I organised to have someone take photos at my son’s funeral. (He was 27). Unfortunately she was too overcome by grief to take any photos and didn’t think to give anyone else the job.

There were 300 people there, some of whom I’ll never see again. We have photos of people at the wake which is nice. Other than that I have nothing except one photo of my son in the empty church alone to remind me how much he was loved.

Obviously everyone grieves differently. At least if you later want to recall details of the day you know who to go to. She probably thought she was doing you a huge favour - one you would later thank her.
I can understand that, I took photos of my husband when he passed but this lady was rude. She actually inched her way down the row we seated in and rows that other relatives were seated in to take pics more than once during the service. She could've taken pics from the aisles for example. I just feel that she could've done things in a more respectful manner. Especially after the pastor told her to stop during his eulogy and I asked her to stop during the repast.

So I was asked to make flower shaped soap for a friend.. she even bought specific molds. I asked her what she would like for colors etc. She told me "Be Creative" so I made some cool colors and swirls. When I sent her pics she said "I was kind of hoping for sun flowers and water lily colors" Thump..So by be creative, you meant traditional?...

So I was asked to make flower shaped soap for a friend.. she even bought specific molds. I asked her what she would like for colors etc. She told me "Be Creative" so I made some cool colors and swirls. When I sent her pics she said "I was kind of hoping for sun flowers and water lily colors" Thump..So by be creative, you meant traditional?...

Now that is beyond annoying...

Oh, please share your photos with us, msunnerstood. We will rave, I am sure!

Well, at least she bought the molds herself. Are the cavities shaped like sunflowers and water lilies? Not that that matters when she gave you free reign to be creative! Still, at least you can use the molds again. Maybe you can use them to teach her how to make soap and she can choose her colors herself.

Ok keep in mind these are melt and pour (She likes MP better than other soaps) and are really hard to swirl in a mold but On the first pic, I graduated colors from white to pale pink and it goes darker to the back. the middle one I was going for a kind of antique look and the last one, well, I just wanted to see if I could pour the center without it leaking over to the other parts of the flower. That one, the pink was too bright for her.

I had two others which I did with clear base an a purple swirl and the other with red and orange swirl but I melted those down when she poo poo'd the first ones

Attachments

• flowers.jpg
    flowers.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 36
Ok keep in mind these are melt and pour (She likes MP better than other soaps) and are really hard to swirl in a mold but On the first pic, I graduated colors from white to pale pink and it goes darker to the back. the middle one I was going for a kind of antique look and the last one, well, I just wanted to see if I could pour the center without it leaking over to the other parts of the flower. That one, the pink was too bright for her.

I had two others which I did with clear base an a purple swirl and the other with red and orange swirl but I melted those down when she poo poo'd the first ones

They are pretty! Specially the one with the pink flower that was too bright for her. I though you had done something more crazy like only neos or something but i wouldnt call the ones you have here specially “untraditional” but to each their own. I would have loved them.

This is what she wanted. Bad news is that the center of the sunflower has no defined border so being able to pour it separately is impossible. I had to mica paint it on then cover with clear base. They are already bagged so the blur you see is the bag

Attachments

• 20180722_222743.jpg
    20180722_222743.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 26
Some people.

My security cameras are faulty and I need to take them down and send back (hopefully they give a full refund).
But it is going to rain today :(
I am happy that I only put them up with Duct tape ;) so I think I will just cut the tape around it and them bring them in to clean off.
Main gripe is that they don't work right after months of looking for what I wanted

Last edited:
Some people.

My security cameras are fualty and I need to take them down and send back (hopefully they give a full refund).
But it is going to rain today :(
I am happy that I only put them up with Duct tape ;) so I think I will just cut the tape around it and them bring them in to clean off.
Main gripe is that theydon't work right after months of looking for what I wanted
Gotta love duct tape.

Back