Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked HD if they would do that and they said no :(
I have to do to Lowes (to see if they will credit the $6 on each of the RBO I bought that is now clearance) And see if they will do it for me.

I have no friends, but would love one with a Band Saw ;) lol

Well - It's not really a gripe, more of a dilema. ... So when my mom was in the hospital before she passed away she made me promise to take care of her little 7 lb Shitzu "Princess" and a princess she is! lol - My mom said if I don't take good care of her I'll have hell to pay!!!

I feel for you, my dear! I took in my sister's dog while she was living in a non-pet rental. He was the sweetest guy, but he had some less charming qualities mostly brought on because I was gone from 7am until 6pm most days. When Chris and I got engaged, he said the dog wouldn't be coming to the new house with us (Chris didn't like the dog, and the dog was terrified of his cat - which was weird because I had two cats of my own). I was to the point where I wasn't going to move at all because he was 12 years old, still in good health and I was not going to take him to the shelter. I had tried rehoming him twice, both times he was brought back within a day or two. The day before moving day, my cleaning lady called and said she had found a home for him. A friend of her husband's had lost her dog over a year before and was finally ready for a new dog. She was the perfect fit for him, being retired and eager to take him on numerous walks every day, didn't believe in kenneling (he didn't like it at all), and was over the moon when I told her that he is a cuddler who loves to watch TV and sleep with you. They were a perfect fit. I've visited the dog twice, and he is so happy and loved I know I made a good decision (and I'm pretty sure he is glad when I leave that I don't take him with me! ha). Tell everyone you know about the dog. Ask them to tell other people. You will find a home for that princess.

I feel for you, my dear! I took in my sister's dog while she was living in a non-pet rental. He was the sweetest guy, but he had some less charming qualities mostly brought on because I was gone from 7am until 6pm most days. When Chris and I got engaged, he said the dog wouldn't be coming to the new house with us (Chris didn't like the dog, and the dog was terrified of his cat - which was weird because I had two cats of my own). I was to the point where I wasn't going to move at all because he was 12 years old, still in good health and I was not going to take him to the shelter. I had tried rehoming him twice, both times he was brought back within a day or two. The day before moving day, my cleaning lady called and said she had found a home for him. A friend of her husband's had lost her dog over a year before and was finally ready for a new dog. She was the perfect fit for him, being retired and eager to take him on numerous walks every day, didn't believe in kenneling (he didn't like it at all), and was over the moon when I told her that he is a cuddler who loves to watch TV and sleep with you. They were a perfect fit. I've visited the dog twice, and he is so happy and loved I know I made a good decision (and I'm pretty sure he is glad when I leave that I don't take him with me! ha). Tell everyone you know about the dog. Ask them to tell other people. You will find a home for that princess.

amd - Thank you for that. I still contemplating what I should do. I feel like I am betraying my mom as well as she asked me to take care of her baby. ( She loved that dog more then her kids I think lol ) Needless to say it is not an easy decision and Im kind of glad that it isnt as it tells me a lot about myself. Today I was making some tinctures and she was under my feet all day because it was raining and she doesn't like the rain. She barks when someone comes, she barks at the same people when they leave. She barks when my phone rings - She barks at everyone and everything! My big dog Xena just looks at me like WTH?? Hopefully I figure it out. But I loved your story! lol

My boyfriend just told me he is going for a week to this beautiful beach destination... to visit his ex girlfriend and her kid!
I am not wrong for being zero excited about that, right?

Oh that's a tough one. As you know every relationship is based on trust. That is the BIG question. Good Luck!

I trust him. I know he is not up to something with her. Her is more like the icing in the cake of “hey I am going on vacation!! WITHOUT YOU! you are not invited, and you can not go on those dates anyway. And yes I am gonna go on those dates only. And yes, I am gonna visit her. But not yo worry, I’m staying on an airbnb!!!”

Stings more because he knew that place because of me. He knows I love the place. Then she decided to move there. I am not feeling that setting foot on that place anymore.

My gripe of the day is that I spent hours upon hours researching the toxicity and flammability of glitter components and now I'm more confused than when I started. Also the Internet says everything is toxic :/

I fried my face again testing lauric/myristic free soap. :(

I trust him. I know he is not up to something with her. Her is more like the icing in the cake of “hey I am going on vacation!! WITHOUT YOU! you are not invited, and you can not go on those dates anyway. And yes I am gonna go on those dates only. And yes, I am gonna visit her. But not yo worry, I’m staying on an airbnb!!!”

Stings more because he knew that place because of me. He knows I love the place. Then she decided to move there. I am not feeling that setting foot on that place anymore.

ummm yeah, sorry, he would be packed and kicked out. I don't believe one second of that bs he is preaching .

Been there done that and unless that kid is HIS then F-that

I know how you feel Lenarenée, our 2nd last piggy had a stone, we got the op done, he recovered really well. It eventually came back and another op but we had to let him go under the op.:( The stones come because of too much calcium in the diet, can be too much Lucerne. Just because he was a piggy didn't make a difference to us versus a cat or dog, it's still a life, and not about investing money for the size of the animal. His friend died not long after about 2 months, he was older but I think he was fretting. :(

Isn't crazy that you can feed a low calcium diet, but then the piggy's body starts extracting it from the bones?? You can't win.

We didn't do the operation. For a week or so it seemed that we could keep him comfortable with some subcutaneous fluids and pain med. and maybe get another month or two with him. But the other night he was in enough pain to vocalize it - despite still being under the influence of metacam. I gave him a fresh dose despite it being 2 hours early (knowing a little kidney damage didn't matter at this point). He was happy and active within an hour...we had him out on the floor and the little stinker went dashing around like normal....and made us happy. But by morning the medicine wore off too quickly again, and we knew we had to say goodbye.

I'm a cat person. But this little guy was such a confident, happy, extrovert that no one could resist him. He purred so hard his entire body vibrated, and he would chase after your hand if you stopped petting too soon. It's really left a hole in the family.

We're left with a young male pig and terrified he could end up with stones too; researching the Chinese herb called shilintong. Haven't read the study yet but supposedly helps clear some of the "sludge" out of the urine.

Other research says it stones could be from lack of a probiotic strain called oxalbacter formgenes. (sp?) which helps keep the calcium from precipitating out.

Also, pigs should get 3 ounces of water per 1000ish grams of body weight. How the heck do you get a pig to drink that much?

I would NEVER put her in a Shelter. I rescued my AB from one. I don't buy dogs - I rescue and have many times.
I clearly understand. Its not an issue of I don't want her. Its an issue of it is the wrong time in my life right now for so much chaos. And she is a lot of work. I have not been well myself and have also suffered a lot of loss. My mom and my sister in a 4 month period. And I have medical issues that can shorten my life as well ( Stage 4 liver disease ) . I have a bucket list that I would like to start checking some off the list. This is like having a new baby at 63 who requires 24/7 attention. Thanks

She is at the groomer once a month as I kept up with what my mother did. But her breath was so bad that when I took her for her shots the vet told me that they needed to be cleaned. My mom never did that even though her breath was bad as she didn't want to sedate her. We discussed it many times but she said no. So I ended up doing it 4-5 months ago and she had 10 teeth that needed to come out. And when I saw them they were so rotten. Her breathe is so much better now. She's a beautiful little thing but my mom was stubborn and when she said no it was no. I don't want her to go to a stranger as I want to be able to stay on top of how she is treated. It's a very tough decision for me obviously. I attached picture. View attachment 31145 Thank you.

Also, talk with a couple of expert dog trainers to see if she can be retrained. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry :(, to hear about piggy, it doesn't take long before the metacam wears off. No more piggies in this household, it's too upsetting, although most of our piggies were old piggies before they left us.

Oh! Well that is a little more info then I had before. If that was me, he would be on permanent vacation from my life. Do what is good for you! Take care of you! Do not allow anyone to treat you like that. When someone acts like they dont care - believe them.

:( @SoapAddict415
@jcandleattic Nice Dodger Ram ;) I used to have one. AND that is one more reason I moved back to MA from TX ! Sorry about the Hail :(

@earlene I hear you on the crappy 'News" infuriating !

Gripe, I wish I could get 5 MILLION people to march with me to DC to OUST that pres monster for this border thing !

On a good note, the Governor of our state said he won't send our Guard Troops to the border ! Yay ! and he is a Rep, so that is another standing up !

Ill be more then happy to march with you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gripe... there are Mice in the attic :( When they re-sided the house I KNEW this would happen as well as the huge leap in my gas bill for Winter heating. They took off the wood siding, put on a 1/4 in foam and then the plastic siding. No insulation here, or not much in general

I rent, Won't use chemicals and owner won't care. I am moving very soon !

gripe, after workout DD wanted to go to McDonald's. Which I don't usually have any stomach issues with.

I do now :( making sure the bathroom is not far from where I am sitting and a bucket in there too :(

Lin, there has been widespread contamination of possibly salads with cyclospora at McDonalds in Illinois & Iowa with the Health Department recommending anyone with symptoms to see their doc right away. At least 100 people have become I'll with intestinal symptoms. I suggest you get to your doctor as soon as you can. From reports I have read, it started in May in Illinois and started in June in Iowa.

Latest posts

Back