Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank god we have a water lily winner. These flowers are going to be the death of me

Attachments

• 20180723_070608.jpg
    20180723_070608.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 30
msunnerstood, I am amazed they were not appreciated for their beauty. Too bright? Has she never seen a water lily? Or looked closely at the color variations in any flower?

Here's one at the Botanical Gardens in St. Louis that I took last summer. The subtle variations in color aren't as evident due the bright sunny day, but your first soap captured them pretty well, I think.
(I love photographing water lilies, well, anything really).

Water Lily - St Louis 2017Aug22.JPG

Anyway, all your soaps are really quite lovely. I particularly enjoyed your antique sunflower. So gorgeous!

msunnerstood, I am amazed they were not appreciated for their beauty. Too bright? Has she never seen a water lily? Or looked closely at the color variations in any flower?

Here's one at the Botanical Gardens in St. Louis that I took last summer. The subtle variations in color aren't as evident due the bright sunny day, but your first soap captured them pretty well, I think.
(I love photographing water lilies, well, anything really).

View attachment 31311

Anyway, all your soaps are really quite lovely. I particularly enjoyed your antique sunflower. So gorgeous!
Thank you! I still have the carnations to do. Wish me luck

My side hurt yesterday, I think it is a kidney stone (sand more likely). Drink Drink Drink, pee, pee, pee.
Barely there today but I will be drinking all day ! So much for going fishing

Oh yeah, and today is my B-day , not that I celebrate it but still grrr that was why I was going fishing.

My side hurt yesterday, I think it is a kidney stone (sand more likely). Drink Drink Drink, pee, pee, pee.

Oh yeah, and today is my B-day , not that I celebrate it but still grrr that was why I was going fishing.
Even If you don't celebrate I am wishing you a happy day.

Maybe Maybe this afternoon you can still go fishing?

TY, storms coming :( Oh well. My only friend texted me H.B-day and we will go out for a drink later :)

New gripe. Giving cat her antibiotic thinking she ate it in the wet food, only to find it stuck to the wall next to it :rolleyes: Then making her hate me for holding her and shoving it down her throat...

Happy birthday! Might not be the best of days but I do hope you feel well enough to celebrate even a little. Kidney stones are no fun!

:happybirthday:

I haven’t soaped in over 3 months and was planning on making my challenge soap today.... my husband got me sick over the weekend and I’ve been apathetic to doing anything. It’s only a cold but it’s leaving me more lethargic than cold usually do. I have things to do but I’m just rewatching Sherlock.

Happy Birthday!
I know that feeling! But it’s worth it. kidney stones are no fun.

Ok keep in mind these are melt and pour (She likes MP better than other soaps) and are really hard to swirl in a mold but On the first pic, I graduated colors from white to pale pink and it goes darker to the back. the middle one I was going for a kind of antique look and the last one, well, I just wanted to see if I could pour the center without it leaking over to the other parts of the flower. That one, the pink was too bright for her.

I had two others which I did with clear base an a purple swirl and the other with red and orange swirl but I melted those down when she poo poo'd the first ones

I really like the pink one on the left! Good job.

Last edited by a moderator:
My gripe: toilet paper! Ken does all of the shopping. 4 days ago I said "Honey, I just put the last roll in the bathroom". Two days later "Baby, we're down to 1/2 a roll. Don't forget to get more." Guess who caught a case of diarrhea after work yesterday and had to run to Big Lots for more toilet paper? Thankfully my prayers were answered and I made it to the store and back without incident [emoji6]. But Ken is in the dog house for at least a week lol.

Non soap related gripe. Brother we have bad blood with keeps pushing to come park his camper in our field at our new house and "camp" for a weekend. I have zero desire to play hostess for him for 2 hours let alone 2 days. I can't just tell him that and start a huge drama filled family squabble but after all the crap he's pulled, we dont want him here, ever.

Have tried everything. we dont have an external plug in (of course he has a generator) Its too hot out here and he wouldnt be comfortable (Of course, his camper has air) uggh

Non soap related gripe. Brother we have bad blood with keeps pushing to come park his camper in our field at our new house and "camp" for a weekend. I have zero desire to play hostess for him for 2 hours let alone 2 days. I can't just tell him that and start a huge drama filled family squabble but after all the crap he's pulled, we dont want him here, ever.

Have tried everything. we dont have an external plug in (of course he has a generator) Its too hot out here and he wouldnt be comfortable (Of course, his camper has air) uggh

I hear you. No is not a bad word; it's a boundary.

@Lin19687 I'm a few days late.... but happy birthday! I really hope that you did get out of the house with your friend. Every birthday is a treasure.

ETA: My gripe... cancer sucks. Somebody fix this mess.

Lin, if you have hubby, bring him along. The times "we" sold soap locally, I was usually the one at the table. When someone would get close, I would look at them cheerfully and say, "My wife makes soap! ... And I get to sell it for her." That usually broke the ice in a nice way. I invited them to smell the different types and asked them which ones they liked. I don't think any customer felt the need to talk to my wife, who actually made the soap. They got an honest story and information.
My hubby tells them, he just carries the bucket and crates I do the soapmaking! When they look at my crochet he tells a potential customer he taught me how to crochet. That always breaks the ice. If I had to do markets without the hubby I would not do them, he is a great seller. I do not mind selling but he is better...

Grip for the night is this disgusting hot humid weather we are having and being stuck in one room where we have an air conditioner. My house is impossible to cool in the summer if our nights turn hot which they have :( At this rate we are in for a long hot summer since October had turned into our hot month for the last several years. Have not been able to make soap for the last 3 months and I am getting extremely low.

Latest posts

Back