Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually don't mind lining my molds. I love seeing how it comes together so perfectly. As for the soap dishes, leave them to sit overnight. They're much easier to clean 24 hours later.
I usually leave my soap dishes overnight...or over two (or three...or four......) nights but more because I'm lazy than anything XD

Gripe: Anxiety is kicking my butt lately - I'm not sure if it's the vegetarian keto diet or school or an extension of artist's guilt - either way, its making me nitpicky and second guess everything I do.

Second gripe: Looking at internships and noticing that everything I am interested in is on the other side of the country (I'm in Florida and a lot of the jobs are in Cali)

Last edited:
Gripe: My husband left a pen in one of his shirt pockets and it ruined 3 items in the laundry. One of his shirts (serves him right, I don't really care about the shirt and he has an excess of shirts, so this could be a plus), but also a couple of other items I didn't want to have to toss out. Thankfully, I didn't put any of my own clothes into the washer with that pen.

Yeah, I know, some wives search pockets before they toss clothes into the washer. I'm not one of them.
When I was younger, I left a box of crayons in the bib pocket of my overalls. My mom discovered it when she opened the dryer! It ruined a couple of my dad's dress shirts. I was banned from coloring and made to check ALL the pockets in the dirty clothes pile before my mom did the laundry for a month.

My gripe is that I feel like crap. It may be a sinus infection or a new food allergy, I'm not sure but I've been sick since Sunday. What I've eaten in the last 3 days is probably the equivalent of what most probably eat in 1 day. I'd go to the doc but I don't have insurance [emoji37]. I passed on my jobs open enrollment because my doc doesn't take Blue Cross & I REALLY like her. I thought I could get insurance for less at healthcare.gov. Things didn't go the way I planned and now I have to wait till November and find a new doc [emoji22].

Last edited:
I'm so sorry you don't have health insurance, SoapAddict! It's such a hardship when you can't get the medical care you need. Do you have any doc-in-the-boxes near where you live? The cost may actually be more affordable that way, or perhaps you can call your regular doc's office and ask if they have any reduced price options available for the un-insured. It can't help to ask, at least.

I'm so sorry you don't have health insurance, SoapAddict! It's such a hardship when you can't get the medical care you need. Do you have any doc-in-the-boxes near where you live? The cost may actually be more affordable that way, or perhaps you can call your regular doc's office and ask if they have any reduced price options available for the un-insured. It can't help to ask, at least.
Thanks Earlene. I've never heard of doc in a box (I'll have to Google it) but I think I will call my docs office and see if they have any options available for me. She's been my doc for almost 20 years (wow, doesn't seem that long) but I haven't been in almost 2 years because of my insurance issue.

Yay! Doc in a box services Michigan! Thanks again!

Lin, if you have hubby, bring him along. The times "we" sold soap locally, I was usually the one at the table. When someone would get close, I would look at them cheerfully and say, "My wife makes soap! ... And I get to sell it for her." That usually broke the ice in a nice way. I invited them to smell the different types and asked them which ones they liked. I don't think any customer felt the need to talk to my wife, who actually made the soap. They got an honest story and information.

No Hubby here :( I had 2 but got a return & refund on them.
DD is coming and she is not Balking at it, surprising. She has some Social Anxiety that is getting better as she gets older. This will be a great things for her. 1) off Puter, 2) may talk to someone 3) outside 4) learn a few things, maybe ;) She even did a dry run setting up the tent yesterday with me !

You are a Lucky man ! She makes it and you get to sit and look pretty ;) Lucky Girl I say :)

Gripe, my Vista Print Banner and labels are not here :(

It’s too hot and I can’t do any work because of the heat and it hasn’t rained for a month, and I’m british so moaning about the weather regardless of the temperature or precipitation is my favourite pastime.

yesterday i broke the BIG AC in the Living room. :( it WAS 13 years old and used for that long.

I have a regular window AC but ALL the windows in the Living room and Kitchen are 14" wide, 22" tall. Yes that is correct, I need a Casement size window.
Issue ? You CAN NOT BUY THESE anywhere in person, now that Sears is gone.

AND to Boot, we are in a Heat wave of 90'2 since last Friday to next Friday.

I had to get a 12,500 btu portable one, they don't work very well so that is why I got the big one.
Then I had to buy a bar height table to put it on (I always wanted one, so that is a happy).

it was 90 yesterday so was not an easy feat on my own.

Oh it was not a happy Monday since I had been up at 3am

Seriously I should have taken a sleeping pill to last through this whole week.
The Cord to charge my all electric EV Bolt has a fried outlet plug.... Found out today.
I may be able to replace the end but there is NO WAY I am playing with it till this bad streak is over !

Oh and the BIG portable 12,5k ac barely keeps the living room livable.

I went to Walmart this morning and intended to buy a window AC unit but they were all out. There were maybe 3 large fans and a smattering of tiny desk fans around the aisle. And they were prepping to paint the shelves with no sign that there would be anything restocked.

I’m going to have to go to menards on pay day and get a nicer one. At least it will be a nice one

We don’t have a Home Depot and I’m not a fan of Lowes’s prices. At this point I have to wait till Tuesday anyways, I can get a good one after payday not just something for the sake of.

Currently I’m using a Dyson on cold/hot during the day. It works for the bedroom but is super loud for sleeping. I know a portable unit will probably be just as loud but it might cover more space. (And having two cooling units would be super helpful)

I remember a summer in the 1980's in California when we had the hottest most uncomfortable summer ever in my recollection up to that point and I went out and bought a swamp cooler. I lived near the Bay and usually there was never an uncomfortable heat wave like that. My goodness it was unbearable (to me, at the time). Things have gotten far worse over the years all over the world when it comes to rising temperatures.

I am not at all surprised that the stores can't keep up with the demand for fans, portable AC units, and so forth. It seems to happen every summer at one point or another. (Same thing happened with space heaters in the winters, though.) I am sure there are several factors that contribute to this, but for the average person who finds themselves in need of these items, it sure makes for an uncomfortable situation.

So my gripe is that we see rising temperatures all over the world and there seems to be no end in sight.

I am not at all surprised that the stores can't keep up with the demand for fans, portable AC units, and so forth. It seems to happen every summer at one point or another. (Same thing happened with space heaters in the winters, though.) I am sure there are several factors that contribute to this, but for the average person who finds themselves in need of these items, it sure makes for an uncomfortable situation.

So my gripe is that we see rising temperatures all over the world and there seems to be no end in sight.

My husband works at Walmart and I’m increasingly aware of how clueless corporate is. They try to keep every store on the same schedule which seems to follow their local weather. We live far enough north that the seasons start/end later or have weird hiccups as the earth’s axis wobbles. Our winters easily end mid April and need snow shovels available that entire time, corporate always decides we need swimsuits in mid March. Lake Superior is only reaching swimable temperatures now, swimsuits are on clearance.

@BattleGnome DO NOT GET A PORTABLE ONE ! waste of money
I just returned a BIG one, 12,500 btu. Was the worst thing ever. I thought maybe they got better since 10 years ago when I had one. no.

This I got on Monday, all set Monday night, temps in the 90's that day. got to 85 in a 12 x 12 room. Turned it off for the night.
Put on at 7am to 60 F. Got to the 90's that day (sun is on the other side of the house, all windows closed and drapes closed). Ran all day , never got below 80, and all night, in the am it was only 70 in the room ! Seriously should have done better then that.

If you have Craigs List that is useful near you check it out. Too bad you don't live near me I have an extra regular window one you could have had.
I got the portable because the Casement one broke. You can't buy Casements anymore without waiting a week for shipping. All the windows in that area of the house are 14" wide, yes 14 inches :(
I lucked out, CL and $300 for a 1 year old used one. PERFECT ! Turned it on and with in 1/2 hr it was COLD COLD in the room !

In Lexington Ky. right now it's 96 degrees, 60% humidity, feel like temp is 100 degrees. I was out earlier and it was awful. I'm from Maine and I've had cabin fever every year for the past 35 years, but never in the summer.:hairpulling:

Latest posts

Back