Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stacy, your ex-DIL reminds me a whole lot of my ex-DIL. Eventually, her children will see her true colours. I could tell you the stories.. how she left her two boys when the youngest was only two months old, how she sued for child support when she had the boys at the ages of 10 and 8 (and failed because my son had the boys while she worked and he stayed home and she never paid a cent towards their care). It goes on and on. Now, her life is centered on her eldest son (my eldest grandson) who died almost 3 years ago from a drug overdose. It may sound cold but she's going to milk his death for all the sympathy she can get... the grieving mother and all that. Sure... the mother who walked out of his life, leaving him crying in agony. Bitter? Me? Yeah, not much.

Gripe, when you are scheduled to meet someone to sell from CL and they no show :mad:

Course I figured they would, you always get a sense of that

This probably will be more of an angry rant than gripe, but here goes.
First, a little history...DH has been divorced from his first wife for 12 years. He has 2 kids with her. Their son J is 15 and he's had him all along. Their daughter M just turned 13 yesterday, and he's had her since she was 4. When they divorced, she took M with her and he went and got her on weekends. Then she went on vacation one weekend, and didn't come back for her.
DH and I met 8 years ago, and have been married for almost 4 years of that. She has sporadically contacted the children... about once every 2 years, and has seen them 3 times since I've been in the family. She never seems to be in the same place more than a year or so, and had another son who lives with her mother.
So I should know better than expect anything form her, but I guess I expected at least the common decency to call M on her 13th birthday. But no, she was on FB all day, whining about the latest disaster of a relationship...how no one appreciates her, or is treating her the way she should be, and how she deserves so much better...blah, blah, blah. I guess it bothers me that while M says it's not important, I can see in her face that she's saying it because she doesn't want to hurt our feelings. She's always kind of felt that she did something to make her mother not want her, and it makes me sad that she carries this around with her.
Meanwhile, I want to go find her and beat the ever lovin' snot out of her. I cannot believe she's so selfish that she couldn't take time out of her pity party to call. None of her family called. She has a grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncles, and cousins on that side of the family. Not one called. I invited everyone for dinner and cake, not one ever bothered to respond. So, her birthday was myself, DH, her brother, my mother in law, and her SO. That's it. I think she had a good time. I hope she did.
Thanks for letting me vent... at least this way I don't feel like blowing up!
M and J are blessed to have you and a gift of stable relatives in their lives.

I just spent close to 3 hours dealing with an Identity theft situation. Someone used my information to open an account with Verizon, and ordered 2 - $1000 cell phones & a bill for $323.90 was sent to my home. Apparently they chose to order expensive phones, I gather, the Apple iPhone X because the total cost for each phone is $999.99 to be paid in 24 monthly installments, and that's what I see on the Verizon website for that price. I do hope they don't have the phones! In any case, the bill came to my home, so where were the phones sent? Not here, as far as we know. The numbers they chose have Chicago area codes, so maybe they had them sent to a Chicago address. Or maybe they went to a Chicago area brick and mortar store and walked out with them.

The Verizon fraud department was able to tell me that the account was flagged as fraudulent on June 13th, so at least they knew about it before I did. But they did not have information to share with me such as what credit card or proof of identity was used to open this account. The first person I spoke with said it may have been opened online, but that wasn't verified, so I don't really know. I was assured that I will not be responsible for the bill and that the account was closed and zeroed out and that they would reverse any reports sent to the credit bureaus. In any case, I still filed fraud alerts with all 3 credit bureaus and filed an Identity Theft report with the Federal Trade Commission.

I reviewed only one of my 3 free credit reports and found nothing suspicious. I am hesitant to order the other 2 just yet because I usually rotate one every 4 months. But if something odd were to be on one of the other two, I wouldn't know right away. So I am currently undecided about that. I am hoping the Fraud Alerts will suffice, but I cannot be sure. I may contact one of my financial institutions and ask if they provide free credit reports and under what circumstances. If so, that might be another way to go.

I just spent close to 3 hours dealing with an Identity theft situation. Someone used my information to open an account with Verizon, and ordered 2 - $1000 cell phones & a bill for $323.90 was sent to my home. Apparently they chose to order expensive phones, I gather, the Apple iPhone X because the total cost for each phone is $999.99 to be paid in 24 monthly installments, and that's what I see on the Verizon website for that price. I do hope they don't have the phones! In any case, the bill came to my home, so where were the phones sent? Not here, as far as we know. The numbers they chose have Chicago area codes, so maybe they had them sent to a Chicago address. Or maybe they went to a Chicago area brick and mortar store and walked out with them.

The Verizon fraud department was able to tell me that the account was flagged as fraudulent on June 13th, so at least they knew about it before I did. But they did not have information to share with me such as what credit card or proof of identity was used to open this account. The first person I spoke with said it may have been opened online, but that wasn't verified, so I don't really know. I was assured that I will not be responsible for the bill and that the account was closed and zeroed out and that they would reverse any reports sent to the credit bureaus. In any case, I still filed fraud alerts with all 3 credit bureaus and filed an Identity Theft report with the Federal Trade Commission.

I reviewed only one of my 3 free credit reports and found nothing suspicious. I am hesitant to order the other 2 just yet because I usually rotate one every 4 months. But if something odd were to be on one of the other two, I wouldn't know right away. So I am currently undecided about that. I am hoping the Fraud Alerts will suffice, but I cannot be sure. I may contact one of my financial institutions and ask if they provide free credit reports and under what circumstances. If so, that might be another way to go.
I'm so sorry to hear that Earlene. I've had someone steal my identity twice. It takes a lot of patience to get things fixed. I had to file police reports, sign affidavits, etc. The first time, someone filed taxes using my info. By the time I found out the bill with taxes & penalties had grown to $12,000+! It took a year to get that mess straightened out. The second time was kind of funny. My boss called me into his office to ask why I was filing for unemployment. Confused, I asked "am I supposed to being filing for unemployment or do I still work here?" He said "To my knowledge you still work here!" I said "That's what I thought, so who's filing for unemployment and why are you asking me?" He contacted HR who denied the claim while I went online and filed fraud claims with the FTC and the unemployment commission. I hope you're able to get your situation resolved soon.

Wow, I don't even understand why anyone would want to file income tax returns with someone else's information. It's bad enough to have to do your own, without doing someone else's! What a pain to have to go through all that with the IRS!
I agree! I guess they wanted their refund and mine too only I was a stay at home mom at the time. I was told that the crook filed as self employed and took a wrong deduction so they ended up owing. I didn't go back to work until about 7 years later. When I filed my taxes in 2016 is when I found out about the tax bill & the fraudulent filing.

Filing taxes is usually someone that is not legal to work here, but wants to work I guess . At least they filed :)

X had his ID stolen with Phones and , i think Verizon or sprint. but honestly I think that he did it and stole the phones to sell on the street. Yeah he's an X I never have to see or deal with after he left lol.

Gripe. Hey FEDEX, when you HAND deliver to my arms a Smashed 1/2 open box from Amazon, you should AT LEAST so , "gee sorry it got really banged up"
nope....

My gripe - Hail storm ruined our truck - more gripe, we LITERALLY just lowered our insurance to liability only, no comprehensive, 2 weeks ago, so no recourse to repair. If we repair, all out of pocket. The windshield alone is going to cost almost $400. *sigh*

20180619_062755.jpg
20180619_062728.jpg

So sorry about your truck, jcandelattic.

Gripe: I can't go to the store to buy food because Hubby has had my car blocked in for several hours while he works on it, but because it's been raining heavily, he came back inside and left his car (hood up) waiting for the rain to stop. I told him I need to use my car, but he didn't even acknowledge me. I'm the one hard of hearing, not him. I'm stuck here reading crappy news stories that do nothing more than make me horrifically angry.

@Lin19687 I wish there was a way to specify how you want Amazon to deliver. I live in an apartment so the mail carrier has access to our buildings and will leave the package inside or at your apartment door. FedEx, UPS & other carriers don't have access so if no-one answers the buzzer (when the carrier decides to ring it) then they leave our packages outside the door under a bush where anyone walking on the property can take it! I wish I could access it again but Amazon actually sent me a pic of my packages under the bush with my last delivery confirmation.

[emoji20] I wanna make soap but I feel so lousy that I stayed home from work today. Unless I have a limb hanging off my body or something, I never miss work. Even then, I'd want to go in after the ER docs put my limb back on lol. I hope it's just a 24-hour stomach virus or something. Today's menu has consisted of green tea, Gatorade, water and a cup of rice noodle soup that I threw together. One or two 1-lb batches wouldn't be over doing things would it? Maybe I should have another cup of tea and wait. I'd hate to forget my FO or something because I wasn't feeling 100%.

:( @SoapAddict415
@jcandleattic Nice Dodger Ram ;) I used to have one. AND that is one more reason I moved back to MA from TX ! Sorry about the Hail :(

@earlene I hear you on the crappy 'News" infuriating !

Gripe, I wish I could get 5 MILLION people to march with me to DC to OUST that pres monster for this border thing !

On a good note, the Governor of our state said he won't send our Guard Troops to the border ! Yay ! and he is a Rep, so that is another standing up !

@Lin19687 I wish there was a way to specify how you want Amazon to deliver. I live in an apartment so the mail carrier has access to our buildings and will leave the package inside or at your apartment door. FedEx, UPS & other carriers don't have access so if no-one answers the buzzer (when the carrier decides to ring it) then they leave our packages outside the door under a bush where anyone walking on the property can take it! I wish I could access it again but Amazon actually sent me a pic of my packages under the bush with my last delivery confirmation.

Me, too! But for me, I wish I could tell them NOT to use the US Mail for delivery. Our town mail is always so slow! The UPS delivery is much faster where I live than USPS. It shouldn't be that way, but since they cut their hours a few years ago, everything most things are often late. Guaranteed Priority two-day priority is never on time. So if Amazon gives it to USPS for delivery, forget getting my deliveries in the 2-day window I am supposed to get with Prime. And they don't compensate for late deliveries.

But UPS will actually deliver a day early sometimes, which is much better service where I live. Unlike some of the folks I read on here, I have never had a UPS delivery show up crushed or damaged. I have yet to see an actual AMAZON delivery truck in my little town, although I do believe I saw one somewhere in my travels in the past couple of months, but I don't even remember what state that was in.

What I DO like, and used while in Texas a few months ago, is Amazon Lockers! Amazon will deliver some items via Amazon Locker, where you go and pick up your delivery yourself. They send you a code either by email or mobile device and you use that code to open the locker. It works SO WELL. I loved it! Some things cannot be delivered in that way, however, so that's a drawback. And unfortunately, Amazon lockers seem to be only available in large metropolitan areas and I live in a small farming community, so it's not an option except when I travel. Perhaps more will be installed in more locations making them more accessible to more people.

Attachments

• Amazon Locker.JPG
    Amazon Locker.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 15
I was home sick yesterday but I just got fussed at by one of my favorite mangers for something that Eddie did! I wasn't even here! When I said that I didn't know why Eddie was cleaning parts with mold release and using a ton of q-tips because Monday (when I was here) I had him using dry q-tips and a rag, I got a scoff & the "oh you're passing the buck" look! I've NEVER passed the buck. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I do my best to fix it. I have no reason to lie. I fixed the problem but I didn't appreciate the attitude.

Last edited:
Gripe: being sick.

I’m just getting over being sick and my husband has just caught it. Mine was a summer cold with some allergy sneezes from the weather. The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend so I hope I just have to deal with a tough of man cold.

It sucks because I was hoping to make my challenge soap yesterday/today (my weekend) but CP+sick=bad idea and I don’t think I have the skill or supplies for the m&p backup idea I had. (Edward Scissorhands for CP and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea for M&P). I haven’t made soap in almost 2 months and I was hoping to make something if only to have made something. I’m going to jump in the shower then slow down for bed. Hopefully no one will call me in the middle of the day again (at least it was my doctor), I really need to get a full million hours if I’m to be functional at work tonight

I think I need a new job. Or maybe another vacation. There's a lot that I like about working here but there's also so much about this place that irritates me lately. Some days (like today) I literally dread coming in here.

So i am starting to research fragrances and colorants for my soaps (after 9 batches i would like to smell pretty and see pretty colors!) so, the good news is that i found two fragrance sellers that seem to know what they are talking about and i already purchased two small bottles to try. So yay! Then i went ahead and tried to find micas.
Nope.
None.
Nada.
I found some but i’m not sure the sellers even know what is in those “micas”, or if they work on cp soap.
So i used every search term i could think of and i either get 25 kg or nothing at all.
So i went to the websites everybody knows (bramble, nurture, etc.) and sure they will sell but not send (bramble) or suuuper expensive (20 dll shipping).
So. I will make 100% TD colored soaps forever and ever. I’ve been googling for 3 hours now. Or a few colored with paprika. Oh, and cocoa powder.
Oh! And tried the other colorants too, like blue chamomille and few others: super expensive.
Tried amazon: they dont ship to México.
The ones who do are quite expensive (and not prime!).
I’m done. I’m disspointed.

Last edited:
Back