Moisturiser recipe needed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pleiades

Reaction score
So far I've made my own cp soap but am now considering making a cream.

After several weeks of skin problems which the doctor couldn't diagnose, I have come to the conclusion that my skin has gone from oily to dry because of my age. I don't like heavy creams but need something to help my skin which has become very itchy due to it being so dry.

Do those of you who make creams have a recipe that I could make?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Soap Making mobile app

Had a look last night and I've printed off her instructions. Need some ingredients. Thanks, it looks like a great site.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Soap Making mobile app

I've made some lotions and creams, with good results- but I just wanted to throw out there my all-time favorite moisturizer.

Believe it or not- simply whipping a little shea butter with a mixer. That's it! I have superdry skin, and the shea butter, once whipped, spreads on and sinks right in. I even use it on my face when it's windburned or chapped due to cold. It's super easy, and just something to try for yourself if you're interested. It could be greasy if your skin isn't that dry, though!

I'm more into the "no additives" and minimal ingredients now for myself, and it's been working well for me.

Back