Need Recommendations. Facial Soap for Eczema

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eczema-cheek

Reaction score
Hello. I get dark, dry, itchy, scab-like patches of skin, mostly on my neck and cheeks, if I don't wash with soap, so I think that I have eczema. (Seems it was misdiagnosed as acne, but I don't normally have pimples or cysts and acne products don't work for me).

The problem is that most natural soaps contain coconut oil, olive oil, and/or shea butter, and all of these give me pimples or clogged pores. I've even tried washing my face with some (natural) coconut oil laundry soap, but even drying soaps gives me the pimples. Medicated/non-natural soaps dry my skin out too much and somehow give me small open wounds, as if wearing my skin away.

So I'm looking for a natural vegan soap that's good for cleaning pores and doesn't contain comedogenic fats. I've been searching for literally years.

The only soap I've ever found that fits this description was a handmade one I used to buy off Etsy, but the seller stopped making it. It was made of pure hemp seed oil with charcoal, tea tree, and some kind of clay. Slightly drying but otherwise perfect. I tried to re-create this recipe and failed miserably. I'd rather just buy a soap than make one, but I'll do what I have to. I'm not an experienced soapmaker.

I can use palm oil-based soaps but they do nothing for my pores, which are basically always clogged, particularly in the chin, upper lip, and nose area, and these kinds of soaps don't make me feel clean.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back