New Update on my Baby Girl...not good

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sadly she is back in Reno, she had gone to meet an old friend and her headache would not lessen. I insisted she call her doctor. Well cat scan revealed more infection which ate a small hole in her patch causing cerebral fluid to start leaking and it also ate through her Septum. Now they have to do surgery today to rebuild the Septum which is considered plastic surgery so no insurance coverage and repatch the hole in the patch. Also, clean out the infection again and possibly remove her last three upper teeth if they can arrange it with the oral surgeon. My baby is far from being out of the woods. I was afraid she was sent home too soon even though she had been in the hospital 24 or 27 days. I have lost track.

Her husband does not even know because this is an old friend that he hates, since they were 14 yrs old. Her friend was going to take her to a Christmas show and sushi dinner. She has been so close to dying and not out of the woods I told her to go have a little enjoyment, which she has not had since she got married. My bad. God had other plans and she needed to be back in Reno.

Are you sure it’s not covered? Just because it’s plastics doesn’t mean insurance won’t cover it. You’re in my prayers.

Are you sure it’s not covered? Just because it’s plastics doesn’t mean insurance won’t cover it. You’re in my prayers.
Nope, they already ran her miserable insurance, they will cover the patch repair but not the Septum rebuild. :-(

@Misschief, thank you we need all the prayers we can get. I am getting really worried for our daughter. This d**mn Sepsis just will not relent.

I heard some of you were asking about an update, sorry I have been missing for a couple of weeks. My daughter left the hospital and got home the day before Christmas Eve, after having more teeth extracted, 2 more prostheses where the teeth were extracted along with bone plasma grafts, plus they removed a syringe full of infection. Even after all that she continued to not feel well and I sent her back up to Reno. After MRIs and CAT scans, they found the infection had eaten through the other side of the bridge/septum area of her nose and it collapsed. She also had another leak on the other side of her sinus and cerebral fluid was starting to leak so that had to be patched. More surgery for rebuilding the bridge, patching, and scraping again. The surgeon did say her other patch looks wonderful. Well. that is after they did a second patch over the first. This morning a scan of her kidney that has been giving her trouble showed high inflammation, what they are hoping is old dried infection, but it is filtering so now she having at least 3 dialysis treatments. 😭 😭

As much as I need to get up there to help her my house is beginning to look iffy. Although the house is paid for, and our well is almost done we still need to do a lot of work and these bills are about to do us in. It is looking more and more like I might have to sell my new house and buy out my sister and stay in this little house I am in now. This is if we have to keep up these expensive treatments. No one wants to know how much Sepsis can cost if you do live through it. It is a very insidious scary infection. I need a village to build me a garage so my husband will move, he will not move without a garage... That last two surgeries cost what my garage is going to cost. I am sorry I will quit whining. I still have my daughter and I will spend every penny to save her.

Latest posts

Back