Soap recipe for older thin skin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did they understand that you had made it yourself? When I have gifted soap, I get a little odd look until I tell them I made it. Then, they look surprised; "you made that?! 😯"
Oh they knew. They are a little different. 😂

Why wouldn't you want to give them soap? Are you punishing them for not showering? LOL

Showering only once a week, in cooler water is MUCH better for your skin/health. Particularly if you have any eczema, psoriasis or dry skin.
I really don’t care how often they shower and I do understand that not showering often is better for some people’s skin. It was the way they received the gift. They acted offended.

I'm curious what is KISS soap I haven't heard of that yet? 🙂
KISS usually stands for Keep It Simple, Stupid.

A little side story: when I was growing up, we were never allowed to use the word "stupid" in our home - in fact, we would get spanked for it. That is so deeply ingrained in me that I actually change the KISS acronym to "Keep it simple, silly."

Yeah, I know my 94YO dad isn't going to drive over and whup my bottom for saying stupid, but I still just can't ... 🤣

A little side story: when I was growing up, we were never allowed to use the word "stupid" in our home - in fact, we would get spanked for it. That is so deeply ingrained in me that I actually change the KISS acronym to "Keep it simple, silly."

Yeah, I know my 94YO dad isn't going to drive over and whup my bottom for saying stupid, but I still just can't ... 🤣
OMG! Did you just say "bottom"? You're in big trouble young lady!

@AliOop Lol🤣 Now I feel really stupid for asking what it was ha ha lol I'll be laughing all night about this one. I wasn't allowed to say stupid either it must of been are generation ha ha. The language my kids use in this generation is way worse lol I'm all ways begging them to watch their language around me one is 26 and the other one is 16 lol.😂

@AliOop Lol🤣 Now I feel really stupid for asking what it was ha ha lol I'll be laughing all night about this one. I wasn't allowed to say stupid either it must of been are generation ha ha. The language my kids use in this generation is way worse lol I'm all ways begging them to watch their language around me one is 26 and the other one is 16 lol.😂
My son always tells me off for swearing. I use a plethora of really bad words.

I heard it stood for, "Keep it short and sweet".

I am a potty mouth as well, but mostly when it comes to insulting myself for doing something stupid (which happens often). Usually when I'm talking aloud to myself. I've been doing it so long I can't break the habit even though people who don't know me give me sideways glances.

I think I would be nervous that *they* would think that I was trying to drive a point home as hard as I could. Maybe time to switch to cream/lotion with them, @Tammyfarms :)
If you do decide to go the cream/lotion route, one ingredient that is often used in creams that help to counteract that "old people smell" is trehalose.

You are my people! 😂

If you do decide to go the cream/lotion route, one ingredient that is often used in creams that help to counteract that "old people smell" is trehalose.
That’s the thing, they don’t smell. If I don’t shower for a couple days, even I don’t want to be near me. 😂
I will wait and see if they comment on the soap, if not then I may try lotion or homemade jam.

Latest posts

Back