Latest alternating wall pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I cut my soap. I won't show the top -- sorry @amd and your whole dimensionality thing -- because of misbehaving essential oil, but the main part looks okay. I can't take decent photos in my basement. The color is pink with a "mica" line of activated charcoal. Scented with lavender and litsea cubeba. Mrs. Zing loves lavender and I can tolerate it in this blend.

Attachments

• 20210630_185748.jpg
    20210630_185748.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 20210630_185755.jpg
    20210630_185755.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 53
Alternating wall pour is when you pour batter down two sides of the mold and alternate the sides. Usually done on the long side of the mold. Warning - I've never been able to get an AWP as stunning and @Zing 's!!

ETA: Tried to find you a video link but none on cursory search. Perhaps there's an old challenge of AWP you could search for? It's a fun technique.

Yes. One post shows the nice part. One post shows the ugly top.
I'm confused then. This post says you used litsea and lavender, the other bergamot. Would it possibly have made a difference if you were using new bottles of litsea and/or lavender, and it wasn't the bergamot that decided to be naughty?

Alternating wall pour is when you pour batter down two sides of the mold and alternate the sides. Usually done on the long side of the mold. Warning - I've never been able to get an AWP as stunning and @Zing 's!!

ETA: Tried to find you a video link but none on cursory search. Perhaps there's an old challenge of AWP you could search for? It's a fun technique.
Obviously the mica lines are incredible but I am still not understanding where there is anything that is "alternating". All i see in the picture is a one color soap with mica lines. I have been known to be a little dopey sometimes so I must be missing something.

View attachment 59075
See how the sections create triangles in between the mica lines? That's created by pouring along the wall, so the soap in that section is bigger on the wall side and thinner towards the center. Pour left side, dust mica, pour right side, dust mica, repeat as needed.
Eureka!! Now I understand completely. Thanks for the explanation @amd and I apologize to @Zing for making it seem like I was not impressed. That must take an incredible amount of patience to achieve that design.

I'm confused then. This post says you used litsea and lavender, the other bergamot. Would it possibly have made a difference if you were using new bottles of litsea and/or lavender, and it wasn't the bergamot that decided to be naughty?
Your confused?! I'm confused!! 🤪🤪😜:p🤪 Good catch, Dibbles. You are right, the pink/black is litsea and lavender! I soaped again with bergamot and the same thing happened. Lets blame the essential oil and not the soaper, okay?

@SoapDaddy70, you're darn tootin' right you better be impressed!! And great explanation, @amd! I got the inspiration here, Flax Milk Layered Soap Project | BrambleBerry .
You can search my threads in the Photo Gallery for more of my awp's. :secret:Don't tell anyone, but it is SUPER easy but with impressive and elegant results. I divide my total batch weight into five, put my loaf on the scale, slip a tablespoon under the loaf to tip it, and pour down the wall with one layer. Sprinkle. Turn the loaf around. Rinse and repeat. Mrs. Zing helps by watching the scale because I can't pour and watch the scale at the same time.

Latest posts

Back