January 2023 SMF Challenge – Pick a Color, Any Color

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You GUYS… I just won the soap challenge club advanced category with this soap that used colors I had made for the SMF challenge! My husband had to tolerate me dancing around his office while he worked on taxes… 😄
4B45E29D-99DB-485A-95AB-CBC688D65D44.jpeg

You GUYS… I just won the soap challenge club advanced category with this soap that used colors I had made for the SMF challenge! My husband had to tolerate me dancing around his office while he worked on taxes… 😄
View attachment 70644
Girl, I voted for you (and didn’t even know it was you) Lol… absolutely gorgeous 😍

@Vicki C I voted for you too - definItely my favorite entry. You absolutely crushed it. I don’t know how you managed to pour that soap off a dustpan and keep the definition so crisp. It’s gorgeous and huge congrats to you!
Thank you! If you look closely you’ll see there were MANY preceding layers…
And just so everyone knows, @Vicki C is being overly modest—She didn’t just win the grand prize, she won by a LANDSLIDE. So proud of you!
aww shucks 🥰

This one was also in my top 3 favorites. Seriously, that whole challenge just took my breath away! I got one vote, and by god after seeing all those entries I was lucky to get even one. The artistry was INCREDIBLE.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
This one was also in my top 3 favorites. Seriously, that whole challenge just took my breath away! I got one vote, and by god after seeing all those entries I was lucky to get even one. The artistry was INCREDIBLE.
This one was astounding - it was in the “winners” category so I didn’t have to compete against it.
@Vicki C I didn't remember that it was the dustpan challenge and wondered how you pulled off such wavy swirls without the muddiness! A truly impressive sleight of hand!
I tried to get a light trace and then tried to let it flow evenly while I moved the dustpan around. Pouring it into the dustpan I made sort of concentric circles - each color was inside the last. These four bars were cherry picked - the edges were muddier. And I just got lucky that it flowed off in a way that worked!

Omg
@Nicolesica I am in awe with how your drops turned out! I need to practice. Yours are GORGEOUS!!! If you're willing to share some tips, I'll be listening!
Omg! really? Thank you!
Well, I’m sure there’s a name for the way I did it - but I wanted all the layers to have drops in them, so I poured a base layer of the hue, then poured the other 3 layers in straight lines down the mold and then poured another base layer, etc etc until i ran out of soap.
Easy peasy!

Back