Latest alternating wall pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all know that "tootin'" has an interesting meaning... as in that old grade school song:

Beans, beans, the musical fruit.
The more you eat, the more you toot.
The more you toot, the better you feel.
So eat some beans at every meal!

This was a favorite camp song after our frank and bean cookouts 🤣

Sorry for OT, Zing, but I also have to ask if you have ever had SOS (sh1t on a shingle) it was some kind of meat gravy thing that my dad's family ate all the time, and I remember my parents fighting because mom refused to make it for him, so dad would leave and go to his mom's house for dinner.

Chipped beef!

Sorry for OT, Zing, but I also have to ask if you have ever had SOS (sh1t on a shingle) it was some kind of meat gravy thing that my dad's family ate all the time, and I remember my parents fighting because mom refused to make it for him, so dad would leave and go to his mom's house for dinner.
It's a military thing, as I understand it. My dad & all other military folks I've know talked about SOS in the canteens. The recipe I saw for it was enough to feed hundreds of soldiers at once, so scaling it down was a requirement to make it for a normal family meal.

Sorry!

Wall Pour. Wall Pour. Alternating Wall Pour.

I tried to find my photo of my slanted layer's pour, but it's not in my albums here at SMF, so I have to look for it on my computer, but just haven't got around to it yet because my photo program is busy with another project & I didn't want to lose my place.

Last edited:
OK, just one more OT post with apologies to Mr. Zing. SOS is something my mom would make sometimes. It's essentially a basic white sauce (béchamel if you want to be fancy) with chipped beef mixed in. I loved it as a kid. When I got married I found out a favorite of my husband's family was grandma's 'creamed eggs' - same thing only with hard boiled eggs instead of chipped beef and eaten for breakfast.

And now back to the wall pour. Wall pour. Alternating wall pour. 🤣

Wall pours are great! Such a versatile technique that makes you look like you soaped all day!

My husband also ate chipped beef in a white sauce when he was growing up. Still buys those little jars of beef when he can find them.

@Zing is the wall-pour master, isn't he?

Last edited:
When I got married I found out a favorite of my husband's family was grandma's 'creamed eggs' - same thing only with hard boiled eggs instead of chipped beef and eaten for breakfast.

And now back to the wall pour. Wall pour. Alternating wall pour. 🤣
Yes - that exactly but with a little bit of curry powder in the 'bechamel'. Nom Nom.

WAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL POOOOUUUURRRRRR
ALTERNATING WAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL POOOOUUUURRRRRR

We love you Mr Zing! 😍

@earlene I do know that we eat a variety of beans across America I was merely joking about people missing out on the "secret" that is beans on toast which many think is baked beans but is actually beans in a very mild thin tomato sauce. 😋

Back to @Zing and your lovely soap. I did this as a slant pour last Christmas, my first try was very ambitious but very shaky.

Back