How do you know / Who do you trust?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarice

We are one...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey there

In a separate post this AM @Zany_in_CO mentioned she uses Raspberry Seed Oil on her face and loves the effect.

Ever the oil aficionado, I immediately googled RSO.....and found a couple of different suppliers.

Amazon alone has more than a dozen brands selling it! And there are many other sources as well.

So, how do you decide who to trust? Do you have a "go-to" brand for luxury oils that you seek out?

Thanks for sharing your information?

Clarice

PS - Should this be in the "buying" forum? Not sure!

Yeah, it should maybe go in the Shopping Recommendations forum. I'm sure an admin will be along shortly...

I believe Zany provided a link for the source she gets it from - I think it was Lotion Crafter. I would stick with suppliers who market for soap/cosmetics/bb makers. They'll have a higher turnover, as well as their own procedures and policies to make sure customers aren't getting dated materials. Meaning that they aren't sending out something that will expire in 3 months or has already expired (unless of course the product has a genuinely short shelf life). Buying from Amazon is pretty much buying from anyone these days, so no telling what the quality may be.

You are correct, amd... I buy the 4 oz size @ $16 from Lotion Crafter... good company to do business with and I can recommend them without reservation. Jenn has been around since before I started soaping. She operates her business from one of the islands in Puget Sound -- near Seattle. I combine the purchase with other stuff like lip balm tubes, and lotion-making supplies, to save on shipping.

She's also an excellent source for information on goodies you've never heard of but would like to know more about.

Okay, how do I know/who do I trust? My thoughts went immediately to people and promises kept and so on and so forth. Didn't even think of vendors, but I do believe it applies. I don't trust vendors I have never heard of before and if they are on Amazon, for example, I read the reviews very carefully.

I think you'll be very happy with them, @Clarice My last order from them the shipping at checkout was $10 and change. 12 hours later I got an email when the order shipped saying that shipping cost less than calculated and they were refunding $5 and change back to me. That was really nice to know that they have integrity to say, hey we saved money on shipping but we're not keeping it.

"...I got an email when the order shipped saying that shipping cost less than calculated and they were refunding $5 and change back to me...."

It takes a little more work to process an order when I manually adjust the shipping fees I charge to my customers, but it's the right thing to do. I appreciate other businesses like Lotioncrafter that do likewise.

TIP: I buy 200 lip balm tubes at a time. They fit perfectly in a USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail box (by request). When the box arrives, it goes right onto a shelf in a cabinet in the computer room... fits right in. ;)

Almost forgot to mention -- Jenn's lip balm tubes are the best. I've never had a cap that didn't immediately snap into place and they're already at a quarter-turn, ready to fill -- which is a real time-saver. I've never had that kind of quality and service at any other supplier I've bought from in the past, and I've tried several.

Last edited:
TIP: I buy 200 lip balm tubes at a time. They fit perfectly in a USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail box (by request). When the box arrives, it goes right onto a shelf in a cabinet in the computer room... fits right in. ;)

Almost forgot to mention -- Jenn's lip balm tubes are the best. I've never had a cap that didn't immediately snap into place and they're already at a quarter-turn, ready to fill -- which is a real time-saver. I've never had that kind of quality and service at any other supplier I've bought from in the past, and I've tried several.

This is off topic / she was asking about Raspberry oil and other luxury oils. Please heed your own recommendations in previous posts.....Thank you!

This is off topic / she was asking about Raspberry oil and other luxury oils. Please heed your own recommendations in previous posts.....Thank you!
Actually, Shari, the topic is "How do you know/ Who do you trust". I don't think it's off-topic to recommend a supplier I know and trust and why I like doing business with them. :)

Actually, Shari, the topic is "How do you know/ Who do you trust". I don't think it's off-topic to recommend a supplier I know and trust and why I like doing business with them. :)
Then you didn't read the question.....

So, how do you decide who to trust? Do you have a "go-to" brand for luxury oils that you seek out?

Nothing about other products.

Hey there
In a separate post this AM @Zany_in_CO mentioned she uses Raspberry Seed Oil on her face and loves the effect.
In Post #1, that is how it got started... I mentioned Lotion Crafter as my source for the Red Raspberry Seed Oil; others jumped in to concur with Lotion Crafter being a supplier that you can trust. No harm, no foul, at least, not on my part (hint, hint :D)

Back