Soap making ingredients suppliers in India

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pooja H.

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I wanted to make a thread where people from India can recommend and share their reviews on soap making ingredients suppliers. I'm a beginner and it was somewhat taxing to search the internet for soap making ingredients for a long time, only to play a gamble while ordering things (I guess it is all the time you order online but we don't have many awesome sellers like in the US). Since I'm new at this, I didn't want to spend a tonne of money and to get faulty ingredients or get scammed becomes a huge deal breaker for anyone new.
Thankfully things didn't go really bad when I ordered but there was always this possibility bcz a lot of the sites have fake reviews or prices vary steeply which was questionable.

(Mods, hopefully this tread is okay to post?)

So I thought I could share the sites or seller's I've bought stuff from and how the experience was so someone who's hunting for ingredients like I was, might benefit.
1. aromakrafts.com
They have a wide variety of uncommon fragrance oil blends, mica and oxides too. There's Free Shipping over ₹500 but prices are exclusive of 18% GST and they delivered quite fast.
Their Cherry Magnolia FO is my favourite so far. (I've only tested it in melt and pour so I don't know how it will behave in CP, none of their FOs mention any detail about acceleration n such for CP so we have to test it ourselves). I've also bought some of their micas and m&p liquid colours (these bleed but haven't faded in sunlight).

2. jindeal.com
They have M&P Soap bases for a cheaper price and also have a sample pack to try out. Although they don't have a wide variety of carrier oils and Butters, it's not exponentially priced for someone who don't want to buy in bulk or more than 1kg/L. Their shipping is cheaper compared to the other sites so I would recommend buying Clays from them since the weight adds up.
What I don't recommend are their FOs, it's a hit or miss and they smell kinda cheap (guess you get what you pay for but it's not bad for a beginner, like their Red Apple FO and Haldi Chandan FO is alright). I had a bad experience with their coffee FO, it smelled like burnt plastic, so I contacted them n they kindly refunded the money but their replies were so dodgy and unhelpful 😅 and also their m&p liquid colours bleed and fade terribly in sunlight.

3. theartconnect.in
Has a wide variety of ingredients from m&p stuff, cornflower petals to cosmetic chemicals like preservatives and sodium lactate etc. They also provide some details about the ingredients. If you're beginner this is a good site but I don't recommend them if you're buying oils and Butters n such in bulk as their shipping plus rates are kinda high but you can compare for yourself :), their products were all good tho. Oh one more thing, their FOs come in a wide mouth bottles, even the 25ml ones.

4. vijayimpex.co.in
Has a variety of ingredients and also some native to south India herbs and such. Their customer service was good but they took a long time to process my order, I don't know if it was due to covid but compared to other sites that I had ordered during the same time they took almost 10 days to process. Their products didn't disappoint me but their shipping was kinda expensive considering it also took a long time for their shipment to reach me as well.

5. arifeonline.com
I would say this place has the widest variety of tools and equipment for baking I've ever seen, albeit it's for baking but a lot of things you can use for Soap making like spatulas, scrappers, impression mats, small chocolate moulds, equipments etc and its quite cheap compared to let's say Amazon or something. AND they also have a large number of silicon Soap moulds too. They deliver quite fast, and none of the moulds I've bought have disappointed me and are made of good quality. (A rectangular swirls/waves mold I bought was actually made for an American company twowhitehares and is of pretty thick quality). I believe they also have physical stores in some cities (there's one in Panjim,Goa and Crawford market, Mumbai)

6. Vedaoils
I have not bought anything from them as of yet but from what other Soap makers have told me on a different thread here, said that they are pretty good especially if you're buying carrier oils, FOs in bulk since they have free shipping above ₹1000 and their prices are low.

The following are places I've not bought from but have seen others recommend
• limeart.in
• candlemould.com (this one has funky silicone moulds and micas for soaps but their reviews seem fake as in all are by the same few people and posted on the same date 😅)
• suffuse.co.in (I believe the owner of this company also sells her CP soaps and other products but there's also mica and such)
• Arihant Art House (you have to contact them thru Facebook or WhatsApp to get their catalogue)
• Matin Impex (you have to contact them either thru Facebook, IndiaMart or WhatsApp to get their catalogue. They also seem to custom make Soap stamps)
• Baker's Alley (their Instagram handle is @soap_moulds, contact them on WhatsApp to get their catalogue)
• Amazon and Flipkart (do compare the prices first and check the reviews if they have any before placing an order bcz prices are super hiked up)

~
*I am in no way affiliated with the above mentioned companies/sites.
** If you are ordering from a Facebook seller (there are tonnes of them, more amount of sellers on the Soap makers India groups than people sharing their creations itself) PLEASE make sure you research about them first, ask others if they have bought from them or image search the pictures they send bcz most of them just copy someone else's and may scam you. Same goes for the recipes some share for a price.
[PS. the "Facial Bombs" trend is a scam, it's just melt and pour soap with additives put into tiny chocolate moulds and named as "facial Bombs" aka face Soap or something that gives you a facial massage if you rub it on your face. (I'm not saying you shouldn't sell it, if you want to, go right ahead but from my knowledge the pH of melt n pour is too high for face skin and sensitive skin types may have a problem with massaging it on their face for too long. What I'm trying to say is, I've seen a lot of people Sell a PDF recipe of these facial Bombs- which is just...you know...melt and pour but you decide for yourself :) ]

Hope this was somewhat helpful to someone out there, if you have any reviews or places to add please do so, I will really appreciate it a tonne!!

Hi
Thank you for the details. How about the Oxide colors selling at AromaKrafts? Are they for good for using in Cold process soaps?
https://aromakrafts.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=64_72
Hi
I'm glad I could be of help with my experience :)
I haven't yet bought their oxides but plan to in the near future (I recently got into cold process soaps, before I used to do M&P and for that I used their liquid colourants. Which are really good for the price, they don't fade unlike the other ones I've tried but they do bleed like most liquid soap colourants.)
I have my exams rn so I've taken a break from soaping, but when I do get their oxides or other colourants I will update it here.
(Honestly, I'm not sponsored by them or anything to say this, but their products are really good and their customer care is really helpful too. You can WhatsApp them and they give detailed answers.)

@Pooja H. Thank you for posting this. I was in a desperate need for wooden moulds and found it from jindeal.com . I already uses aromakrafts and arifeonline for FO and moulds.

OK. Thanks for the quick reply. I will try the Oxides from them for Cold process soaps
Do post your review when you use them :)

This is a really interest thread you have started. Thank you.
You're welcome 😄

@Pooja H. Thank you for posting this. I was in a desperate need for wooden moulds and found it from jindeal.com . I already uses aromakrafts and arifeonline for FO and moulds.
I'm happy to be of help 😊🤗

Hi everyone
I wanted to make a thread where people from India can recommend and share their reviews on soap making ingredients suppliers. I'm a beginner and it was somewhat taxing to search the internet for soap making ingredients for a long time, only to play a gamble while ordering things (I guess it is all the time you order online but we don't have many awesome sellers like in the US). Since I'm new at this, I didn't want to spend a tonne of money and to get faulty ingredients or get scammed becomes a huge deal breaker for anyone new.
Thankfully things didn't go really bad when I ordered but there was always this possibility bcz a lot of the sites have fake reviews or prices vary steeply which was questionable.

(Mods, hopefully this tread is okay to post?)

So I thought I could share the sites or seller's I've bought stuff from and how the experience was so someone who's hunting for ingredients like I was, might benefit.
1. aromakrafts.com
They have a wide variety of uncommon fragrance oil blends, mica and oxides too. There's Free Shipping over ₹500 but prices are exclusive of 18% GST and they delivered quite fast.
Their Cherry Magnolia FO is my favourite so far. (I've only tested it in melt and pour so I don't know how it will behave in CP, none of their FOs mention any detail about acceleration n such for CP so we have to test it ourselves). I've also bought some of their micas and m&p liquid colours (these bleed but haven't faded in sunlight).

2. jindeal.com
They have M&P Soap bases for a cheaper price and also have a sample pack to try out. Although they don't have a wide variety of carrier oils and Butters, it's not exponentially priced for someone who don't want to buy in bulk or more than 1kg/L. Their shipping is cheaper compared to the other sites so I would recommend buying Clays from them since the weight adds up.
What I don't recommend are their FOs, it's a hit or miss and they smell kinda cheap (guess you get what you pay for but it's not bad for a beginner, like their Red Apple FO and Haldi Chandan FO is alright). I had a bad experience with their coffee FO, it smelled like burnt plastic, so I contacted them n they kindly refunded the money but their replies were so dodgy and unhelpful 😅 and also their m&p liquid colours bleed and fade terribly in sunlight.

3. theartconnect.in
Has a wide variety of ingredients from m&p stuff, cornflower petals to cosmetic chemicals like preservatives and sodium lactate etc. They also provide some details about the ingredients. If you're beginner this is a good site but I don't recommend them if you're buying oils and Butters n such in bulk as their shipping plus rates are kinda high but you can compare for yourself :), their products were all good tho. Oh one more thing, their FOs come in a wide mouth bottles, even the 25ml ones.

4. vijayimpex.co.in
Has a variety of ingredients and also some native to south India herbs and such. Their customer service was good but they took a long time to process my order, I don't know if it was due to covid but compared to other sites that I had ordered during the same time they took almost 10 days to process. Their products didn't disappoint me but their shipping was kinda expensive considering it also took a long time for their shipment to reach me as well.

5. arifeonline.com
I would say this place has the widest variety of tools and equipment for baking I've ever seen, albeit it's for baking but a lot of things you can use for Soap making like spatulas, scrappers, impression mats, small chocolate moulds, equipments etc and its quite cheap compared to let's say Amazon or something. AND they also have a large number of silicon Soap moulds too. They deliver quite fast, and none of the moulds I've bought have disappointed me and are made of good quality. (A rectangular swirls/waves mold I bought was actually made for an American company twowhitehares and is of pretty thick quality). I believe they also have physical stores in some cities (there's one in Panjim,Goa and Crawford market, Mumbai)

6. Vedaoils
I have not bought anything from them as of yet but from what other Soap makers have told me on a different thread here, said that they are pretty good especially if you're buying carrier oils, FOs in bulk since they have free shipping above ₹1000 and their prices are low.

The following are places I've not bought from but have seen others recommend
• limeart.in
• candlemould.com (this one has funky silicone moulds and micas for soaps but their reviews seem fake as in all are by the same few people and posted on the same date 😅)
• suffuse.co.in (I believe the owner of this company also sells her CP soaps and other products but there's also mica and such)
• Arihant Art House (you have to contact them thru Facebook or WhatsApp to get their catalogue)
• Matin Impex (you have to contact them either thru Facebook, IndiaMart or WhatsApp to get their catalogue. They also seem to custom make Soap stamps)
• Baker's Alley (their Instagram handle is @soap_moulds, contact them on WhatsApp to get their catalogue)
• Amazon and Flipkart (do compare the prices first and check the reviews if they have any before placing an order bcz prices are super hiked up)

~
*I am in no way affiliated with the above mentioned companies/sites.
** If you are ordering from a Facebook seller (there are tonnes of them, more amount of sellers on the Soap makers India groups than people sharing their creations itself) PLEASE make sure you research about them first, ask others if they have bought from them or image search the pictures they send bcz most of them just copy someone else's and may scam you. Same goes for the recipes some share for a price.
[PS. the "Facial Bombs" trend is a scam, it's just melt and pour soap with additives put into tiny chocolate moulds and named as "facial Bombs" aka face Soap or something that gives you a facial massage if you rub it on your face. (I'm not saying you shouldn't sell it, if you want to, go right ahead but from my knowledge the pH of melt n pour is too high for face skin and sensitive skin types may have a problem with massaging it on their face for too long. What I'm trying to say is, I've seen a lot of people Sell a PDF recipe of these facial Bombs- which is just...you know...melt and pour but you decide for yourself :) ]

Hope this was somewhat helpful to someone out there, if you have any reviews or places to add please do so, I will really appreciate it a tonne!!
Thank you Pooja! That was a pretty detailed and helpful list. I am looking at the mold suggestions.
I have found Pioneer Chemical Company very useful for soap making supplies. As if now very happy with the quality as well as the prices.
Also Aethon International has Shea butter etc at good prices. Plus they have lots of fragrance oils & olive oil etc that I have just bought, but yet to try. Will update then. Their Customer service is excellent. Mr Shrinivas Ram (one of the partners) goes out of the way to help you.
I have read about Deccan fragrances....they have the properties of their fragrances mentioned, just like Nature's Garden etc, but they are a bit expensive ... though I agree that the research, the time and effort also needs reimbursement.

Last edited:
For Essential oils, you can buy from Veda Oils too. They ship free above 1000 and also the quality is very good also.

Try Matin Impex for moulds
+919484586714
I tried them before finding this website, didnt go well for me. They wanted me to pay outside of Indiamart and price at Indiamart and the price they said were entirely different, and wanted me to pay sellers fee if I insist to pay through Indiamart itself.

For Essential oils, you can buy from Veda Oils too. They ship free above 1000 and also the quality is very good also.
Did you try their FO too?

I tried their Tea tree oil, Sweet almond oil, Avocado oil and Vitamin E oil. They were good. Their shipping is very fast and also have good customer service. You can try their FO

Thank you Pooja! That was a pretty detailed and helpful list. I am looking at the mold suggestions.
I have found Pioneer Chemical Company very useful for soap making supplies. As if now very happy with the quality as well as the prices.
Also Aethon International has Shea butter etc at good prices. Plus they have lots of fragrance oils & olive oil etc that I have just bought, but yet to try. Will update then. Their Customer service is excellent. Mr Shrinivas Ram (one of the partners) goes out of the way to help you.
I have read about Deccan fragrances....they have the properties of their fragrances mentioned, just like Asture's Garden etc, but they are a bit expensive ... though I agree that the research, the time and effort also needs reimbursement.
*Nature's Garden

I tried them before finding this website, didnt go well for me. They wanted me to pay outside of Indiamart and price at Indiamart and the price they said were entirely different, and wanted me to pay sellers fee if I insist to pay through Indiamart itself.

Did you try their FO too?
I found Matin Impex from a friend. I liked the quality of their moulds.

I got two FOs from Veda oils and they were good, smells good. I buy EOs from them regularly.

I tried their Tea tree oil, Sweet almond oil, Avocado oil and Vitamin E oil. They were good. Their shipping is very fast and also have good customer service. You can try their FO
I meant Fragrance oil, not essential oils. Did you used their Fragrance oil and were they good?

I found Matin Impex from a friend. I liked the quality of their moulds.
Oh ok. Glad it worked for you.

I got two FOs from Veda oils and they were good, smells good. I buy EOs from them regularly.
Ok, cool. Some companies FO will smell like chemical or medicine, so, I was worried about vedaoil's quality. Will try some FO from vedaoil.

I checked their website - aethoncart. I saw there is 2 grade of essential oils -therapeutic and cosmetic grade. What is the difference between them?

I checked their website - aethoncart. I saw there is 2 grade of essential oils -therapeutic and cosmetic grade. What is the difference between them?
Therapeutic essential oil is pure essential oil used for treatment etc and cosmetic wouldn't be as pure...used more for the smell(a Google search showed me).. I order from the PDF they send me and it's not got that written. I don't believe there should be 2 different varieties of essential oil...the whole point in using essential oils is that it should be pure. Else we have FOs for smell. You could ask Mr Ram for the details. I usually order via WhatsApp +91 97917 63025

loving this thread

does anyone have an idea what kind of license do we need to sell cold processed soaps online or retail

This is the toughest question to answer. From what I have come across, getting a license for making homemade soaps is the same as getting a license for synthetic detergent bars made by the companies. So we have to get some experience soapers selling hand made soaps from India to guide us. I will wait if someone come across this thread and guide us.

This is the toughest question to answer. From what I have come across, getting a license for making homemade soaps is the same as getting a license for synthetic detergent bars made by the companies. So we have to get some experience soapers selling hand made soaps from India to guide us. I will wait if someone come across this thread and guide us.

Hi,

Unlike the US and few other countries making Handmade Soap in the house for commercial sales is not allowed in India. One has to apply for a Drug and cosmetic license or Ayush license. Detergent soap comes is different activity* (*all manufacturing/commercial activities are defined as per law) then handmade soaps. Detergent soaps, even the commercial soaps shall come under "Soap manufacturing using boiler** and handmade soaps will come under "handmade soaps manufacturing without boiler"

**for having a boiler in your unit you have to take additional permission for the boiler.

also, handmade soaps manufacturing comes in white category - means no Pollution permission is required (though NOC is required)

Latest posts

Back