Soap making ingredients suppliers in India

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Faster than coconut oil?
I have made more Castile soap than 100% Coconut oil soap, so I am not one to be able to say for sure how they compare to speed of trace. Also the temperatures are different for both. But I can make Castile with 50% pomace OO and 50% plain OO, never use a SB, only hand mix and have it trace and poured into the mold in a matter of less than 10 minutes. I have to work fast if I want to do any kind of swirl with this combination.

I won't be doing a test on it, but if I were to do so, I'd set it up so I'd be using the same temperature and 100% of each oil (not my 50/50 mix of pomace/regular OO) and then do a time comparison that way. My guess is it would be close, but as I said, I probably won't be doing this. I don't have much use for 100% CO soap.

Hi,

Unlike the US and few other countries making Handmade Soap in the house for commercial sales is not allowed in India. One has to apply for a Drug and cosmetic license or Ayush license. Detergent soap comes is different activity* (*all manufacturing/commercial activities are defined as per law) then handmade soaps. Detergent soaps, even the commercial soaps shall come under "Soap manufacturing using boiler** and handmade soaps will come under "handmade soaps manufacturing without boiler"

**for having a boiler in your unit you have to take additional permission for the boiler.

also, handmade soaps manufacturing comes in white category - means no Pollution permission is required (though NOC is required)

I asked a lawyer and he said that it would come under cottage industries category and the license is very easy to obtain. Has anyone explored this option?

I asked a lawyer and he said that it would come under cottage industries category and the license is very easy to obtain. Has anyone explored this option?
Each state have their own rules, some states asks for space in industrial area. I felt it too complicated & expensive(renting a shop in industrial area just for licence). If you are trying please let us know how did it went. Good luck.

I guess soap comes under cosmetics, so, you have to get licence from FDA. Also, you may need a dedicated space for soap making since people will come for inspection.

Anyone know where we can get color stabilizer in India? I used a vanilla FO in a soap and the soap turned brown after few weeks.
Please search for vanilla stabilizer in this forum. There is a DIY using metabisulphate and Theosulphate. Found it! :

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/homemade-vanilla-stabilizer.81324/

How did it go? I kept getting alerts for this post, so posted without checking the whole thing😜 .Sorry
Hey no problem, happens to everyone.

It worked fine. I made for both m&p and cp. Tried the M&P one in honey swirl soap, so far no color change. So, I guess its a success.

Iv read at many places on the internet that Pomace is a fast moving oil and experienced it with 2 batches . It just becomes a blob on adding lye.. ...I'm surprised how ur batch with Pomace took time to trace ...🤔
If u don't mind sharing can u please share which were the other oils u used in combination with Pomace?
Sorry for the delay in replying, somehow I missed it. In the slow moving batch I used 70% Pomace, 25 % Cocoa butter & 5% Castor oil.

Sorry for the delay in replying, somehow I missed it. In the slow moving batch I used 70% Pomace, 25 % Cocoa butter & 5% Castor oil.
.Than you bluebirdwing.Will make a small batch with same recipe and get back to you .I am under the impression that my previous two batches did not work out as per plan due to the Pomace oil..
Can I please know the lye water ratio you worked with ?

Tested Aromakrafts's FO's in CP and all lead to acceleration and ricing. I guess their FO s are M&P only products, in which they work fine.

Hi, I'm looking for supplies for Palm Oil and Palm Kernel Oil . I'm not able to find any. For Palm Oil I'm able to find only Palm Olein oil but not palm oil. For Palm Kernel Oil, I found very few in Indiamart , but their MOQ is high. Can you pls let me know if there any suppliers for these oils that are genuine and can provide in small quantities?

Hi, I'm looking for supplies for Palm Oil and Palm Kernel Oil . I'm not able to find any. For Palm Oil I'm able to find only Palm Olein oil but not palm oil. For Palm Kernel Oil, I found very few in Indiamart , but their MOQ is high. Can you pls let me know if there any suppliers for these oils that are genuine and can provide in small quantities?
Hi! I have bought Palm oil from Surajbala exports (I found it to be good quality Palm oil) from Surajbala exports. Mr Vinesh Batla 9811151696. You can whatsapp him your requirements and he will tell you the price etc. Problem is, he doesn't send a proper catalogue. He will send you a list of items available and will give the current price of the items you want.

I have purchased almost all the FO and EO from Vedaoils. They are all pretty good. There were some rare disappointments... did not like both the Vanilla EO and FO. It did not smell like real vanilla. The aloe vera oil im not really sure about because I was expecting a career oil of sorts. But what I got was a clear water soluble liquid that smelled like aloe vera. I checked with customer care and they told me Aloe Vera oil is the same... and I have not seen it anywhere else to compare with. But overall i think they give you the most bang for the buck if you want to buy 100ml bottles.

My only real gripe with Vedaoils is they do not write the ingredients used in any of their shampoo bases. Contacting customer care is useless... they will not give you the ingredients. This is a problem if you wish to resell or want to make sure a certain ingredient is not used, etc. That seems pretty fishy, so would avoid that from Vedaoils.

Hi! I have bought Palm oil from Surajbala exports (I found it to be good quality Palm oil) from Surajbala exports. Mr Vinesh Batla 9811151696. You can whatsapp him your requirements and he will tell you the price etc. Problem is, he doesn't send a proper catalogue. He will send you a list of items available and will give the current price of the items you want.
Hi, Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I will contact him and will check out with him.

Each state have their own rules, some states asks for space in industrial area. I felt it too complicated & expensive(renting a shop in industrial area just for licence). If you are trying please let us know how did it went. Good luck.

I checked for Telengana state MSME on this. As per them, adding it in Udyod Aadhar is enough . Also they are giving GMP certificates for manufacturing units, but they said it is optional. They didn't mention about PCB permission.

I tried Olive oil {cosmetic } from aethoncart. Not bad and I made a small batch of soap with this. This is good. Pricing is also good. Works just at Rs.305 per litre

https://aethoncart.com/product/olive-oil-2/
I’m going to purchase this. I hope the quality is good because the pricing seems reasonable

Thank you for this thread. Very helpful.

Hi
You can order your FO and EO on bizpression they too have cocoa butter, Shea butter, kokum butter.

Hi there, does anyone know of companies in India that can export their ingredients overseas for a reasonable cost? Vedaoila have excellent products but what they quote to ship them to Australia is way too much and makes it completely unviable.
I wanted to purchase 10kg of products, $250AUD worth, but the shipping they quoted me was almost as much. Completely unviable. I know it can be shipped for less than that.
I would really appreciate advice. Thanks.

Hi, I want to try amino acid soap. I'm looking for cocyl glutamic acid. I'm unable to find it here in India? Did any one try it out in India and any idea on from where we can procure it in India? Thanks for your help.

Back