Acetate sheet for lining molds?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gekko62

Reaction score
Has anyone tried lining with acetate sheet?I know it's foodsafe,just not sure whether it'd come away clean from soap(oh,haha..bad pun).Not having luck with mylar-can't find any thats non textured.

try contact paper, it works SO good, you can wash it and use again and again.

x

yes, it is self-stick shelf paper. (you peel the backing off to reveal the glooey-stuff)

it comes in clear, which is handy and a gazillion colors and prints. :D

I use the shelf paper all the time. Just cut a piece to fit your mold , leave the backing on , put it in your mold with the front side facing up .If you make the sides a little longer , you have a built in "handle" to pull the soap out of the mold. Just wipe it off when you are done , pop it back in your mold and you are good to go .:D

Kitn

I found shelf liner at wal-mart that had lines on one side to grip the shelf and is smooth on the other side. It came in a 25 foot roll!!! Set for life!!!
I was able to experiment with getting my liner just right for my mold and have extras to play with. I can use it with the lines to add texture or I can use the smooth. It's too cool!

The acetates a fizzer.Too stiff to use.Might be ok to line the base & sides separately,...maybe one day when I'm desperate :)
Thanx everyone for the contact tips! :) I have stacks of the stuff! What a great idea. :) :) :)

I went to Wal-Mart and in the craft department bought some of the fun foam that kids play with. I use that to line my mold and it works great! The color doesn't transfer over either.

Heidi

Back