Air pockets in candles, need help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loli123

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

I am working on candles for few years now and i still have some problems with air pockets in candles.
This happens over time, a week or so, when they cool down. Its filled with vegetable oil in plastic containers.
Is the problem with cooling or with material, i dont know and i am trying to find out. If anyone has a solution it would be much appriciated.

Attachments

• 20240523_084546.jpg
    20240523_084546.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Greetings everyone,

I am working on candles for few years now and i still have some problems with air pockets in candles.
This happens over time, a week or so, when they cool down. Its filled with vegetable oil in plastic containers.
Is the problem with cooling or with material, i dont know and i am trying to find out. If anyone has a solution it would be much appriciated.
This seems like a weird problem to have if you've been making candles for a few years.

I don't know what you mean by "Its filled with vegetable oil in plastic containers." Do you mean vegetable wax? and are you making candles in plastic containers?
Plastic containers should NOT be used for candles. Plastic is highly flammable, and can catch on fire if there is a lit candle in it.

Not sure why holes would appear a week after the candle is made either, they will usually appear once the candle is cooled. Holes usually mean it's poured too hot and is cooled too quickly and will need relief holes poked and more wax poured to fill the holes.

Please explain your process a bit more, and we might be able to help better.

Latest posts

Back