this months soap challenge

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabnazzy

Reaction score
Hello everybody,was just wondering if anybody has seen a video on how to make the polka dot soap in this months soap challenge? i just dont want to waste money at the moment registering if i havent got a clue how to do it,because i havent got a clue, i get the polka dots,you could probably use jumbo silicone straws which i happen to have but i dont get the stripes on the edges and cant figure out how to do them. Suggestions or a link if anybody has seen this being done is most appreciated. It's so strange i cant figure out how the sides are done because i can sculpture the most hardest designs, i have been practising for months,the only thing i can come up with is the stripes would need to be blocked off from the dots,i suppose i could practice on a wee batch first if nobody can help but the design lends it's self to so many possibilities i have in my creative head. I also make jewellery and sew so some where i must have got the creative thing in my DNA,my late dad was a tailor from England and use to sew my dresses. LOL
I love this photo with the cats and particulary the one with the face mask🤣 Many thanks

Attachments

• polka-dot800.jpg
    polka-dot800.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 12
  • My Pictures-344.jpg
    My Pictures-344.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
This particular challenge has only just opened for registration, so it is likely that you may not see videos or pictures of participant's attempts for awhile. I am registered for this and have seen the tutorial, but in fairness to Amy Warden I don't think it would be right to share how the soap is made. I do think it is okay to say (since I think you can easily tell by looking) that the dots go all the way through the soap and the stripes on the side are a result of how the soap is cut.

If you pay for and join the Soap Challenge Club, your entrance fee includes access to instructional videos and written instructions and tips on her website. These are very detailed and helpful. You also get access to the FB group for as long as you are a paid soap challenge member, whether that is for one month or several.

You can also pay for a years’ worth of access to past instructional videos. I did that and learned a lot from the very detailed instructions and videos.

ETA: the "stripes" that you see on the sides are the actual polka dots that go all the way through the soap. ;)

Last edited:
Love this soap design! I'd love to try however I don't understand how to cut the soap to get the end stripes, I think I got the polka dots figured out. We'll Its gonna remain a mystery for the moment cause I'm not a member of Amy Wardens Challenge Club, though it sounds very informative. For a split second I thought this was our up & coming challange here @ SMF 🤣. Thx for the post I'm inspired once again. 💫🤗🧼

Love this soap design! I'd love to try however I don't understand how to cut the soap to get the end stripes...
As noted above, the stripes result from cutting the bars in the middle of the polka "dots" - which are actually tubes of color that go all the way through from top to bottom.

FWIW, I am not sharing this from the Soap Challenge Club instructions; I just watched Fraulein Winter's YouTube videos on polka dot soap. The person teaching this month's Challenge Club technique also used to have a video up, but it appears to have been taken down for now, understandably.

You all confused me. By the title, I thought this was about the SMF Soap Challenges.

Thanks, Peachy Clean, for clearing that up for me!

Here is the link to Amy's Soap Challenge Club site: Upcoming Challenges

sabnazzy, here at SMF, we had a Dot challenge back in January 2019. Here is a link to that challenge thread, which includes a couple of videos. The design polka dot design may not be exactly the same in the video there, but there is one video in that thread that has a 'polka dot' soap, although the look and method is different than Tatiana's polka dot soap.

If you want to make the soap to look more like the one made by Tatiana (Creative Soap by Steso), I found two videos by Fraulein Winter that show two ways to achieve the same look:

@dibbles i signed up for it! I registered late last night, so I didn't get to read through all the rules enough yet. I am a little confused on which level I do. I just have to do more reading. I have more than 50 batches under my belt, but I started soaping in June of last year, so I guess I am on the cusp. The rules seem a little more stringent than the challenges here, which I hope to do that challenge as well this month.

I mistakenly signed up for the $13.95 tutorials subscription first. Ugh, I thought it included the challenge...yes, I know it says it does not LOL. I misread it.... So then I had to go and sign up for the challenge. I may or may not use the tutorials. You can get most of these for free on you tube.

@Vicki C I wouldn't exactly call myself energetic LOL. My day and night are opposite from everybody else. Maybe highly caffeinated....

I planned on doing some planning for the polka dot challenge when I got home tonight, but my relief came in almost an hour late, plus an hour drive home...she makes me so mad, but that's another story LOL LOL.

You have been making soap for less than a year, so you can qualify for the beginner category (it's either/or). You have the option to enter the advanced if you want to. Definitely join the FB group!

As noted above, the stripes result from cutting the bars in the middle of the polka "dots" - which are actually tubes of color that go all the way through from top to bottom.

FWIW, I am not sharing this from the Soap Challenge Club instructions; I just watched Fraulein Winter's YouTube videos on polka dot soap. The person teaching this month's Challenge Club technique also used to have a video up, but it appears to have been taken down for now, understandably.
You all confused me. By the title, I thought this was about the SMF Soap Challenges.

Thanks, Peachy Clean, for clearing that up for me!

Here is the link to Amy's Soap Challenge Club site: Upcoming Challenges

sabnazzy, here at SMF, we had a Dot challenge back in January 2019. Here is a link to that challenge thread, which includes a couple of videos. The design polka dot design may not be exactly the same in the video there, but there is one video in that thread that has a 'polka dot' soap, although the look and method is different than Tatiana's polka dot soap.

If you want to make the soap to look more like the one made by Tatiana (Creative Soap by Steso), I found two videos by Fraulein Winter that show two ways to achieve the same look:

Thx Girls' I think I'm going to try this design. I did watch the videos & now I understand how it's done. 🤗💫.

Back