Soap Challenge- Simon and Garfunkel

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaliChan

Reaction score
I would like to challenge you fellow soapers to make a Simon and Garfunkel inspired soap! Im going to set the due date for August 5th so if anyone is low on ingredients they have time to gather all their things and plan :) Ive already made one but Im totally game to do another. Any one interested?

Just looked at a list of Simon and Garfunkel song titles: full of good possibilities for soaps, fun!

I also have a Scarborough Fayre soap. It was my first lard recipe and I was looking for an old fashioned / simpler times idea and chose Scarborough Fayre for the herbs and name recognition. It's with chopped parsley and thyme with sage infused olive oil, and rosemary eo. It's just plain soap coloured though.

I love it! Music inspired soaps. I have a hard time figuring out what to listen to when making soap, after all the math is done.

I have a song and an idea, but no way to post pics. Poop. Kick rocks. :lol:

I have quite a few fave S&G songs, one I must tell a boring story for.

In 2nd Grade I took a 45 to school for my part in show and tell. For you young folks a 45 is that small record, you know, like LP, but small. At least it wasn't a 78, hahaha.

The song was my very, very favorite, and still is. The Sound of Silence. Obviously, everyone else hated it, they beat me up after school yelling at me about it. Kids are mean in the backwoods of nowhere land.

Nope, still love it Ruthie. Going to make a soap based on the idea too! :)

I would love to make a Neon Goddess soap for the Sounds of Silence. But at this time I just don't think I have the time or skills to make it. Maybe next time.

The song was my very, very favorite, and still is. The Sound of Silence. Obviously, everyone else hated it, they beat me up after school yelling at me about it. Kids are mean in the backwoods of nowhere land.

That's terrible! I'm so sorry this happened to you. Kids can be so mean. Also, you don't know anyone who has a digital camera? I have one but I can't download pics to my computer. (I keep forgetting to buy a USB cable or whatever I'd need.) So, I give the SD card to my sister, she downloads them and emails them to me. This is why it takes me so long to post pics and why I generally post a lot at the same time.

@ Ruthie -

For past challenges, we waited to post info until we posted the pic. I don't know how CaliChan wants to do it. It's her challenge so she sets the rules.

Can I join? I know I've only been on here for less than a month. But S/G was one of my first albums!

Simon and Garfunkle are timeless. I used a song quote from Paul Simon for my high school yearbook saying that was included under my Senior pic. (The original idea of using, "Introducing the seven day weekend" was nixed by administration..hehehe!

Can I join?

Certainly, the more the merrier. This is just a challenge not a swap. Challenges are open to everyone. The original concept was posted by DWinMadison and here's a link to the post.

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/f11/casting-gauntlet-challenge-31055/

Also, you don't have to worry about dropping out after saying you'll participate. This isn't like an actual swap since there isn't an exchange of soap or body products. It's just people being creative and sharing pictures based on a theme.

CaliChan -

I'm so sorry! First, I got busy and it slipped my mind. (Bad memory. :oops: ) Then I remembered, started the first part and then, oh I don't know...kind of hit a blah spell and didn't finish the rest. Would it be all right to extend this challenge?

I have heard the name before but no idea what they sing.. didn't even know they were singers until reading here. haha! Guess I'm out of the loop.
So with these challenges you just make a soap inspired by the subject.. this being their music?

Guess I need to head to youtube or itunes to see what they sing. :)

Back