Snowdrift Farms is closing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my refund today via Paypal.

I feel badly for what this poor man is going through but (selfishly) I'm also glad that I got my money back.

i got my refund yesterday too, via paypal. no products, but glad to have the money back. yes, wishing bill all the best in picking up the pieces. hopefully he can move on and things will get better. what a complete nightmare for him.

I got an e-mail last sunday night saying that I was getting a credit to my discover card. I've been checking all week, so far, no credit showing up, except the temporary one that discover gave me friday the 13th after asking for a chargeback (temporary credit until investigation over).

just a note about paying via paypal. i've had one other dispute (a pair of 'authentic' shoes that turned out to be cheap chinese knockoffs). a number of other buyers also had been cheated. paypal was all over it, and i got my refund pretty quickly. just in case, i much prefer using paypal vs a credit or debit card. hope all of you get refunded quickly!

So, I waited too long for a paypal dispute... didn't realize there was a 45 day limit on those. I had been waiting patiently, as I understood they must have been inundated with orders, and trusted this company that I have been ordering from for years. I'm out over $350... I'm a tiny tiny tiny soap seller, and can't afford to write this off. I make soap to help support myself while working part-time as an urban farmer. I have student loans to pay, and on a poverty-level income, that's a lot of money... but I ordered bulk quantities of clays, salts, some oils, and herbs, which would have kept me supplied for a long time, without even considering that I would not receive either the product or a refund because I've always had an excellent experience with Snowdrift. I feel bad for Bill and his loss, but this is an appalling way to treat a formerly loyal customer- I have ordered from them several times in the past, and my partner did long before that, back when they were in VT. I can't imagine treating customers this way. I'm hoping to hear back from him, and have continued to send emails- the company phone numbers have been disconnected. I will take him to small claims court or pursue other action if necessary, but really don't want to go that route if I don't have to. Does anyone have current contact information for Bill? I'd like to give him a chance to make this right the easy way before I go the hard way... any advice would be appreciated. Thanks...

If you just want to deal with paypal at this point, first, file a claim. They will close it immediately as the transaction is over 45 days old. Then call them and explain the circumstances and they can manually re-open it.

I would guess trying to deal over the phone might be a long process....at least you can have the claim opened as soon as possible

agree with debbism. call paypal and explain situation and that a number of us have been trying to deal, with kindness, with the same sort of situation -- and that paypal has been great on acting on our behalf, and even though you're beyond the 45 days it was for good reason. paypal is great on acting on the buyer's behalf. if you want any support in asking as a co-claimer, i'm happy to give it if that would help at all...

Snow Drift Farm - not received order???

Has anyone on here ordered from Snowdrift Farms on their closeout sale and not receive their order yet? We ordered on Dec 2 and have not received our order nor have we been issued a refund. The 45 days for paypal has expired so I had to physically phone paypal and lodge a complaint. They have notified Snowdrift Farm (Rancho DeNieve). If you have not received your order and paid using paypal I urge you to make a complaint as I did as they have informed them that they will monitor their account for 180 days and if other complaints come in then they will reopen the disputes and give people their money back. I talked to Tracy at paypal badge #43447 . Please pass this on to anyone else you might know that ordered from them. I tried calling SDF and emailing them before I did any of this and have recieved no response and their phone is disconnected.

As a longtime customer of Snowdrift Farm, the only thing that I feel sorry for is Trina's vision being destroyed and all she worked for to end like this. She would have never let any of her customers down nor would she have allowed people to place orders and not ship their items or issue refunds.

From time to time, I would call and speak to a nice woman in the office. Something changed after Trina passed and I had heard from the her that Bill simply could not run a business and he ran the company into the ground.

I think that what contributed to the downfall was the decline of the level of service. After Trina passed, things changed down there and I was never able to get the same level of service from Snowdrift.

I wish Bill all the best but I too am out money for an order that I placed and have not received.

Snowdrift Farm - no order received no refund

I said the same thing to my husband last night. Trina would be horrified. Someone said that Bill posted somewhere and said that the bank had taken over but he was working on getting peoples refunds out and working with the bank. I dont know if this is a stall tactic or what but anyone that paid with a credit card should be ok and if you paid with paypal please follow the instructions I sent if your 45 days is over with. Only if enough people make a complaint will paypal open the cases again and refund peoples money.

potts87 said:
As a longtime customer of Snowdrift Farm, the only thing that I feel sorry for is Trina's vision being destroyed and all she worked for to end like this. She would have never let any of her customers down nor would she have allowed people to place orders and not ship their items or issue refunds.

Snowdrift formulary

carebear said:
do you know if he'll leave the formulary available? it is quite useful.

Hi I'm new to your forum; after doing an extensive search trying to find the Snowdrift Farms formulary I was led here. Did anyone ever get a copy; or is there a place I can view it? Any answer would be appreciated.

Hi Gypcie, and welcome! :)

I just did a search, and unfortunately, Snowdrift Farm's famous formulary seems to be gone with the wind. :( I could find absolutely no trace of it on the web at all, which is too bad.

Back in January, Bill from Snowdrift sent out an e-mail to customers saying that the formulary pages would be open for awhile, but would probably move to a new URL as things developed (he was hoping to develop new enterprises). I haven't checked back there these past few months until now, so I'm not sure when they went 'poof!' or if Bill left any forwarding info in regards to a new URL before they went off the radar.

Does anyone else know???

IrishLass :)

Wow! Thank you, DottieF! I had no idea there was such a thing as the Wayback Machine (except in 'Peabody's Improbable History' in the old Bullwinkle cartoons). That is way cool (and way creepy in a way, depending on how you look at it :lol: ).

IrishLass :)

just wanted to let everyone know that I never did get my money back...and it was a pretty large chunk too:(
not happy:(

That's terrible! I'm so sorry you didn't get it back. I contacted my credit card company. I was asked for more info and luckily I had saved all the emails I was sent from SDF and all I had sent to them. I printed them off, mailed them to the credit card company and they got the money returned to me.

I also kept the emails and things, I filed a claim with the credit card company and many months later, I got the money back. I really would have much rather received the goods I ordered and I really did feel bad filing a claim, but after repeated and failed attempts at working with Snowdrift directly, I had little choice. I hope the dust settles for the poor folks at Snowdrift and they can put the whole thing behind them soon.

I realize this is well after the fact, but I used to get my SD40 alcohol (perfumers alcohol blend w/hexylene glycol) from Snowdrift. They stopped selling it for a while, then it seems as soon as they started up again, the whole biz disappears!

Can anyone help me? I really need to source high quality specialized denatured alcohol and/or 190+ proof USP grade grain alcohol.

Thank you all ;)

epsilon said:
I realize this is well after the fact, but I used to get my SD40 alcohol (perfumers alcohol blend w/hexylene glycol) from Snowdrift. They stopped selling it for a while, then it seems as soon as they started up again, the whole biz disappears!

Can anyone help me? I really need to source high quality specialized denatured alcohol and/or 190+ proof USP grade grain alcohol.

Thank you all ;)

try savonscents or some other perfume fragrance oil company. I saw it on one of them, if you google fragrance oil you will get a ton of them

Back