Snowdrift Farms is closing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soapy Gurl said:
I placed my order on 12/5 and received it over two weeks ago. I am owed a credit of over half of what I ordered and used a pre-paid debit card, so I am out, no way to dispute it.

johnsonlisa - as far as on a debit card, it is up to the individual company. You should give them a call. I have had to dispute through mine, which was a small credit union. I think if it wasnt a valid dispute, I paid $10 for their research time. Personally, where it has been said all orders were shipped, and you are getting no contact, I would take action before you run out of time.

I am only using my VISA on-line now, so I can dispute things. This definitely taught me a lesson. :roll:

About 3*4 months ago I had the same thing happen with them.but after calking every day for 3 days they responded and refunded the money back. They are just slow on processing the back charges. Give them a call where as they are friendly I had already decided after that that i was no longer going to order from.them. it would nit have bothered me at all if they would have emailed or called notifing me that they were out

of the molds. The inky reason.I had ordered from.them.at that time was the flexus molds on sale.

Snowdrift Farms Update

I finally filed my complaint today. . .what a bummer

Anyone know where to get artisan alcohol now? Its for a face product so I would prefer to not have any additives

Snowdrift farms

I placed an order on 2 December recieved confirmation etc and have never heard from them. I have emailed, called no answer left voice etc. They charged my debit right away any advice from anyone.

looks like I can kiss my $400 goodbye:( I just went to the bank today and started a dispute, and filed a complaint witht he BBB. I am thinking of calling the police tomorrow...not sure what they can do. maybe we should get together and file a claim before they go belly up and file a bankruptcy and we are all out. I feel for him..but I am also a business person. I was hospitalized for months at the beginning of this year. It screwed with my business too...but I came back strong and made sure ALL of my customers were taken care of. He states he is going to come back with a new venture...not a good way to start:( Any advice?

I just now received a notification that my credit from my order was processed. It was half what my order invoice indicated. But I am happy to be getting anything back. Just wanted to let everyone know that I received some credit!

that is good news soapygurl...so you actually got your money back? i noticed that you ordered after I did and got your stuff 2 weeks before I did. was it a small order?

Re: Snowdrift Farms Update

johnsonlisa said:
I finally filed my complaint today. . .what a bummer

Anyone know where to get artisan alcohol now? Its for a face product so I would prefer to not have any additives

I can't remember if there was a difference between artisan and perfumer's alcohol carried by Snowdrift, but perfumer's alcohol is available from Save on Scents. Up to 5 gallons in a year can be purchased without permit, I believe.

i got a refund tonight....not all I was owed...but as long as it was something:) good luck to everyone else:)

I placed my order on Dec 2 - The only thing I've received is a confirmation from Paypal - I tried emailing SDF and calling w/ no response. I tried to call them today and the phone has been disconnected. I hate to file a dispute w/ Paypal, but I guess I have no other alternative <sheesh>

~Debbie

yes, file a dispute while you can. i got an email saying i was owed a refund but no money yet....i am a little nervous..they owe me hundreds of dollars:(

Refund

I filed a dispute with B of A about a week ago and got a temporary credit for both my orders. Last night, I did get a credit notice from SDF alerting me they would refund me for one of my orders. Not sure whats going on with the other order. Still, I got something back.

wow that is awesome that BA gave you a credit...my bank didnt but they are investigating it...1 1/2 weeks post email saying I was getting a refund..no refund! WT(you know what)....like I can afford to throw away 350!

I just now got notification from Paypal my dispute has been finalized and is in my favor. Yay.

I wanted to know if anyone had received the actual credit after his credit notice had come through. I still haven't. Looks like paypal is really on the ball!

Hi all, first time post on here but I am a member on two other boards. Just wanted to give you some additional info on Snowdrift in case you don't have it. I did get my refund posted back to my CC a couple of days ago so it seems to be happening slowly.

On one of the boards there are a couple of members that live in the Tucson area. They have driven over to talk to Bill. The one lady said he was there all alone with only one girl at the computer. She said he was completely overwhelmed and didn't know where to start or what to do. Obviously his grief has much to do with that.

The other part of the story is also sad and I feel badly for him. Apparently he had a family member running the business for the last year while he cared for Trina. This fine person then proceeded to skim from the business to the tune of $100,000. He has been trying to find a lawyer but the ones in the area are declining because it involves family. I guess he is trying to makes things right with the people that ordered but it is going slowly and I'm not sure what his means are at the moment.

I would definitely suggest filing a claim with Paypal or your credit card company. Although I know everyone feels for what he is going through you also can't risk the money from your businesses as well. Just hoping this might give you some insight as to what is going on.

J

Thanks for letting us know. Now I feel badly about how irritated I got over not hearing from SDF. How sad to be betrayed by a family member you trusted to cover for you. It's really tragic to not only lose a loved one but your business, too. I should have been more understanding.

PMM said:
Hi all, first time post on here but I am a member on two other boards. Just wanted to give you some additional info on Snowdrift in case you don't have it. I did get my refund posted back to my CC a couple of days ago so it seems to be happening slowly.

On one of the boards there are a couple of members that live in the Tucson area. They have driven over to talk to Bill. The one lady said he was there all alone with only one girl at the computer. She said he was completely overwhelmed and didn't know where to start or what to do. Obviously his grief has much to do with that.

The other part of the story is also sad and I feel badly for him. Apparently he had a family member running the business for the last year while he cared for Trina. This fine person then proceeded to skim from the business to the tune of $100,000. He has been trying to find a lawyer but the ones in the area are declining because it involves family. I guess he is trying to makes things right with the people that ordered but it is going slowly and I'm not sure what his means are at the moment.

I would definitely suggest filing a claim with Paypal or your credit card company. Although I know everyone feels for what he is going through you also can't risk the money from your businesses as well. Just hoping this might give you some insight as to what is going on.

J
Oh my goodness. This is very sad. I feel for this man. Thank you for giving us this information.

Hazel said:
Thanks for letting us know. Now I feel badly about how irritated I got over not hearing from SDF. How sad to be betrayed by a family member you trusted to cover for you. It's really tragic to not only lose a loved one but your business, too. I should have been more understanding.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. I was definitely annoyed that I was not getting any responses to emails, phone was not answered and no shipping notice or anything. I'm glad that I have learned what is going on and I really do feel badly for him. I just hope he is able to make it right for everyone that ordered and still waiting on a refund. Hopefully, everyone here has started the claim process. And, I will keep good thoughts for Bill.

Back