Recent goodies!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrja

Reaction score
I've recently started back soaping after a long sabbatical to have my daughter and newborn care. Here are a few of my favorite recent projects.

The Blue Celtic Molded bars are scented with LoveSpell FO, colored with blue iron oxide, and have gold sparkle mica decoration. They are a buttermilk based bar.

The brown bars with the red background are my Beer Bars. Guinness Stout with coconut, shea, palm, olive, hazelnut and avocado oil. The scent is dragonsblood and fig.

The bright yellow bars are buttermilk bars with orange EO and poppy seeds. they are colored with yellow iron oxide.

Last but not least the Orange bars. They are Buttermilk pumpkin bars. They are colored with pumpkin puree and scented with WSP's perfect pumpkin.

dragonsblood fig resized.jpg

Celtic Love Spell May 2013 resize.jpg

Citrus Cinnamon May 2013 resize.jpg

Buttermilk Pumpkin September 2013 resize.jpg

Lovely! I love how your poppyseeds look, and the blue with gold celtic is gorgeous.

I think your celtic molds are the clear plastic? How do you get such good detail? I have a plastic snowflake mold where the soap sticks so badly.

The celtic molds are the thick white plastic ones from brambleberry. The snowflake on the buttermilk orange poppy seeds bars is actually a flexible silicone ice cube mold from the dollar store.

On the plastic molds I lightly oil with mineral oil before pouring. Then when the soap is ready to unmold I freeze them for about 30 minutes or so. Then just flip the mold over and push with the palm of your hand. The partially frozen soap pops right out and keeps the detail.

I don't oil the silicone molds, but I do pop them in the freezer for a few minutes before unmolding. It just makes the soap much much easier to manage getting out.

I ADORE silicone molds btw.

Thanks so much, I'll try mineral oil and freezing.

I just started freezing some silicone molds, too. The deep ones harden very slowly. I love silicone molds too.

Love them all! Especially the celtic bars and the pumpkin soap. My Perfect Pumpkin from WSP turned dark brown :???: ??? Wish it had stayed orange like yours.

Beautiful! This pumpkin looks very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Wow, little pieces of art! I love them all, but my favorite is snowflake

Back